UT Sen 2022: McMullin vs. Lee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:53:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  UT Sen 2022: McMullin vs. Lee
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: UT Sen 2022: McMullin vs. Lee  (Read 8449 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2022, 06:09:49 PM »

I still think Mike Lee wins in November, but having McMullin in the Senate would be very interesting. He would prolly functionally be a pretty reliable R vote on most things but with notable opposition to their rhetoric, similar to Romney just more socially progressive ig.

Utah is very much politically homeless rn.
Idk if it's just to appeal to democrats, but McMullin has basically campaigned as a moderate D this cycle, unlike in 2016 when he was a right-leaning independent.

Campaigned because he needs every D vote he can get, but in the Senate it'd be hard to survive re-election if he votes like a moderate D. If I were him, I'd campaign like a moderate D in Salt Lake and Summit Counties, which are a bit more politically "normal" with less of an influence by the mormon church and disaffected Rs, and in the rest of the state campaign as a libertarian alternative type to Trump. Doing dual campaigns l;ike this is really hard though cause it can lead to hypocracy and everything blows up in your face.

A reminder though in 2016 he and Clinton collectively got more votes than Trump, which proves there is more of an "anti" than pro Trump vote in the state, especially since then most demographic shifts have benefitted Dems. The issue is the anti Trump vote is not very unifiede and politically highly diverse.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2022, 12:18:13 AM »

We're gonna have to watch this race it's VBM if Betsy Johnson is competetive in OR McMillan can too

My sincere and humble apologies to the great Atlas Prophet, but having a bit of a hard time understanding your point here.

What evidence to we have that Betsy Johnson is at all competitive in the OR-GOV-22 GE Election?

Last time I checked if anything it is more a current "neck & neck" PUB vs DEM OR-GOV race...

https://www.koin.com/news/elections/new-poll-finds-oregon-governors-race-neck-and-neck-between-drazan-kotek/

Stretching a bit my Green Prophet of Atlas....    Smiley
I love boats
United States
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2022, 11:07:37 AM »

Romney privately told Lee in a phone call that he would not be endorsing either him or McMullin.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2022, 11:14:56 AM »

Romney privately told Lee in a phone call that he would not be endorsing either him or McMullin.

If true, it’s prolly mean Romney is voting for Mullin quietly.
I love boats
United States
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2022, 11:22:55 AM »

If true, it’s prolly mean Romney is voting for Mullin quietly.
I heard it from Mike Lee on the Federalist Radio Hour.
kyc0705

« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2022, 02:53:45 PM »

important news:
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2022, 02:56:54 PM »

important news:

Pierre Delecto lives on, even without Mitt Romney.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2022, 03:46:45 PM »

important news:

I wanted to kill myself when I saw this tweet earlier
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2022, 07:05:44 PM »

important news:

Utah Senators are so weird. Even Hatch. Remember when he took imaginary glasses off his face?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2022, 07:09:12 PM »

important news:

Utah Senators are so weird. Even Hatch. Remember when he took imaginary glasses off his face?

Did he ever wear glasses sometime in his past?  Habit can be a strange thing.  I wore glasses for a long time until having laser surgery in my 40s.  For months after the surgery, at bedtime I would reach for my (no longer present) glasses to put them on the nightstand.  My wife found it hilarious.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2022, 07:11:59 PM »

important news:

Did he ever wear glasses sometime in his past?  Habit can be a strange thing.  I wore glasses for a long time until having laser surgery in my 40s.  For months after the surgery, at bedtime I would reach for my (no longer present) glasses to put them on the nightstand.  My wife found it hilarious.

I get that, I wear glasses and have done it too. But when I googled "Orrin Hatch glasses" all that comes up is the moment I brought up. So I'm not sure whether he ever wore glasses prior or not.
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2022, 10:02:19 PM »

why is this image real and why is it actually mike lee and not an edgy 14 year old on election twitter
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2022, 10:04:41 PM »

pass the hemlock
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2022, 08:25:12 PM »

McMullin has accused a motorist of brandishing a firearm and threatening him and his wife.

Utah independent Senate candidate Evan McMullin has accused a motorist of brandishing a firearm and pointing it at him and his wife as the couple was driving home from a campaign event in April.

The allegation is described in a "victim impact statement" filed by McMullin in the District Court for Utah County, Utah, this week and obtained by CNN.

In the filing, McMullin accused the motorist, Jack Aaron Whelchel, of making unprovoked threats that included forcing the couple's car into oncoming traffic, before aiming a firearm in a threatening manner.

Whelchel was indicted in April on misdemeanor charges of making a threat with a dangerous weapon and disorderly conduct. Whelchel pleaded not guilty to both charges. McMullin testified as a witness during a preliminary hearing in July, at which he identified Whelchel as the motorist, but the candidate has not publicly mentioned the incident.

McMullin's statement to the court adds details about the April 10 incident.

"That night, we and Mr. Whelchel traveled along the same path for a number of miles through Utah County, which initially seemed to be happenstance or someone innocuously traveling along the same route as us," McMullin wrote in his statement.

"Ultimately, however, Mr. Whelchel aggressively followed and chased us, pulled his truck alongside us and forced my wife and I into the oncoming lane of traffic. He then brandished a firearm, pointing it toward us in a threatening way," McMullin added.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2022, 09:53:39 AM »
« Edited: October 13, 2022, 10:44:05 AM by Torie »

I don't see a thread for Utah. If there is one, this can be merged into it.

Anyway, in a quite delicious schadenfreude moment for me, Mike Lee is publically begging for Mittens' endorsement like a whipped dog. Mittens is unavailable for comment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/13/us/politics/evan-mcmullin-mike-lee-utah.html
crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2022, 10:01:44 AM »

Come on Utah! Vote for McMullin or the Great Salt Lake will be entirely gone next year!

https://www.sciencealert.com/americas-great-salt-lake-is-on-the-brink-of-collapse
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2022, 10:03:29 AM »

Lee will do worse than in 2016, perhaps even a lot worse, though I'm not seeing him anywhere at risk of losing. Safe R.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2022, 10:12:16 AM »

Lee will do worse than in 2016, perhaps even a lot worse, though I'm not seeing him anywhere at risk of losing. Safe R.

He's gonna lose just watch just like Beasley and Ryan may win and Barnes may lose power of incumbent, if we win PA, OH, NC, NV, GA, AZ, UT we solidify 52 plus seats and of course Schumer will offer McMillan caucus chairmanship if Ds have a clear majority McMullin already said if Ds have a clear majority he will caucus with Ds because he isn't MAGA TRUMP
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2022, 03:08:25 PM »

I think McMuffin winning is pretty unlikely he'll do pretty well though probably get between 40-45% and outrun Biden
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2022, 04:19:48 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2022, 04:25:56 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

I think McMuffin winning is pretty unlikely he'll do pretty well though probably get between 40-45% and outrun Biden

It's not unlikely it's called a midterm not Prez Eday in 2018 was the first Midterm that we didn't fair poorly, granted it was a Trump midterm but we arent behind in the GCB like we were in 2010/14 we were 6 pts down, Rs we're expecting to win all these races by landslides including PA and NV and GA

Inside Advantage in Jan 2022 had Rs winning 54 Sen 245 H seats that would have wiped Ds out the entire Decade now either 22/24 we can get a Filibuster proof majority we are gonna keep the S it depends on the H majority in 22/24

Lol the Rs are back to where they were during 2012 not 2016 because in 2012 Romney lost 303 just like Trump did in 2020 and because of the insurrection, Trump is in no better position than Romney was
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2022, 04:36:03 PM »

It's not unlikely it's called a midterm not Prez Eday in 2018 was the first Midterm that we didn't fair poorly, granted it was a Trump midterm but we arent behind in the GCB like we were in 2010/14 we were 6 pts down, Rs we're expecting to win all these races by landslides including PA and NV and GA

Inside Advantage in Jan 2022 had Rs winning 54 Sen 245 H seats that would have wiped Ds out the entire Decade now either 22/24 we can get a Filibuster proof majority we are gonna keep the S it depends on the H majority in 22/24

Lol the Rs are back to where they were during 2012 not 2016 because in 2012 Romney lost 303 just like Trump did in 2020 and because of the insurrection, Trump is in no better position than Romney was
Your my favorite anime character
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2022, 04:40:13 PM »

It's a 303 map anyways but if Ds get to 52 and fail to win OH, NC or FL McMullin will be coerced to join Schumer and Ds by offering a chairmanship our probability of 53/47 Senate is about 69 percent and it won't be just 52 seats it's gonna be 53)47 with McMullin as a Chairman of a D subcommittee because he wouldn't want to be Ranking members in R minority

But won't be a factor in negotiating the Filibuster rules change because we would have 52 seats already
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2022, 05:38:23 PM »

why is this image real and why is it actually mike lee and not an edgy 14 year old on election twitter

you would think it is an atlas user that is this account, turns out it's mike lee himself

is mike lee registered on this forum

definitely the most likely senator to be on atlas.

who in the name of god is mike lee, any r-ut users?Huh
new_patomic

« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2022, 02:04:37 PM »

Spicy
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2022, 03:00:41 PM »

He won't join a caucus, so what's the goal? Deny Utah representation in Senate committees?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies