Tapper presses DCCC Chair over Dem spending in Republican primary races
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:10:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Tapper presses DCCC Chair over Dem spending in Republican primary races
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tapper presses DCCC Chair over Dem spending in Republican primary races  (Read 359 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2022, 11:31:17 AM »

"Democrats have spent 53 million dollars, supporting far-right/election deniers candidates"

Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 11:33:58 AM »

This was widely reported, yet GOP voters chose the candidates anyway. If I was a Republican and I found out the DSCC was supporting a candidate, I would be less likely to vote for them.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 11:44:57 AM »

This was widely reported, yet GOP voters chose the candidates anyway. If I was a Republican and I found out the DSCC was supporting a candidate, I would be less likely to vote for them.

Most people in the real world, don't pay attention to the insider baseball.

They see a bunch of ads saying "X is too conservative" and they think "he must be the best choice if Dems hate him so much".

So it has the opposite effect and conservative media tends to report this opposite to the way that it is reported in the rest of the media.

"Vote for the one they hate most, to own the libs basically".

I don't have the kind of faith in people that you guys do, so to me holding the sheep responsible for being sheep is a fools errand. And leading the sheep towards a cliff is on the sheep herder, especially if they drag you over the edge with them.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 11:59:28 AM »

Also there is a certain playbook to defeating radicalism and if you want to get to a point where you actually are pushing it back to the fringes where it belongs, there are two things you have to do:

1. Eliminate/resolve any legitimate issues they are hanging onto to gain ground/momentum that you have been ignoring.
2. Set up a binary choice between two sides that both disagree with the radical position.

The Democrats answer to radicalism is "just vote Democrat". Well guess what, that doesn't work if you are pro-life, pro-gun, pro-border security, oppose CRT, and are very concerned about Democratic crime policies. In their eyes, you are just as bad anyway. Well that's half the country.

You have set up a binary where your only alternative is the radical, and so guess what happens when your side screws up and loses as always happens eventually, they get into power.

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 12:27:43 PM »

How long is this false narrative going to be repeated
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2022, 12:49:06 PM »

How long is this false narrative going to be repeated

Depends on the midterm outcome. If most or all of the candidates who received Democratic support lose, then it’ll go away. If they win, it’ll stick around for as long as they stay in office, which’ll plausibly be decades in 1-2 cases.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2022, 12:51:19 PM »

Does anyone have even one example of a race where A. Democrats plausibly pushed an extremist over the line in a primary and B. that extremist is now in a tossup or better race?
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2022, 02:19:22 PM »

Does anyone have even one example of a race where A. Democrats plausibly pushed an extremist over the line in a primary and B. that extremist is now in a tossup or better race?

Az Gov

There some others in the Lean- Likely Dem column that democrats supported but could win if the wave is big enough.  Such as M1-03 or NH Sen
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies