October Democratic Alliance National Convention: Welcome to Bradford PA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:46:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  October Democratic Alliance National Convention: Welcome to Bradford PA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: October Democratic Alliance National Convention: Welcome to Bradford PA  (Read 2170 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 02, 2021, 02:32:18 PM »
« edited: October 10, 2021, 04:55:54 PM by Senator and Chair WB »

Bradford Old City Hall Jun 09
Pubdog, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

Delegates, please sign in.

Delegates
Weatherboy, Chair
wxtransit, Vice Chair
AGA
Utah Neolib
Sirius
Lumine
Dwarven Dragon
Cokeland Saxton
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 02:32:50 PM »

WB, Chair and at-large Senator
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 03:20:39 PM »

AGA, Senator
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2021, 03:40:08 PM »

Utah Neolib, Former Mountain West and National Senate candidate
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2021, 05:05:17 PM »

x wxtransit
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2021, 05:15:27 PM »

Democratic Alliance Bylaws

Article 1. Membership and Voting

Section 1. Registration

All voters registered under “Democratic Alliance” or “Democratic Alliance Party” shall be considered full members of this party.

Section 2. Voting

All voters registered under “Democratic Alliance” or “Democratic Alliance Party” shall have any vote cast of theirs in the convention counted.

Section 3. Instant-runoff Voting

In votes using instant-runoff voting, an “X” shall count as the highest and only preference, and ties shall be broken through either which ballot choice got the most first preferences, or through a runoff in the event of tied first preferences, unless in the case of a leadership election, if one candidate concedes by posting in the convention thread.

Section 4. Vote Abstentions

Abstain votes are not counted in the vote totals or percentage requirement for any election.

Article 2. Conventions

Section 1. Schedule

The Democratic Alliance Convention shall take place in the months of February, April, June, August, October, and December, beginning on the first day of such month, and closed on the last day of the month following such month.

Section 2. Location

The Democratic Alliance Convention shall take place in a nominated city in the Region of Fremont in the months of February and August, the Region of Lincoln in the months of April and October, and the Region of the South in the months of June and December.

Section 3. Business

Each Democratic Alliance Convention shall have the following business: voting on party bylaws and platform amendments, voting on party endorsements, nominating the city for the next convention, and electing party officers.

Section 4. Location Nomination Process

The city for the next Democratic Alliance Convention shall be nominated during the last week of the convention as follows: party members shall have 48 hours to nominate one or more cities of their choice, all nominated cities located in the region as determined in Article 1, Section 2 shall be put on a ballot, and party members shall have 48 hours to vote to determine the nominated city through instant-runoff voting.

Article 3. Officers

Section 1. Officer Structure

The Democratic Alliance Convention shall have an elected Chair and Vice Chair, with other roles appointed at the discretion of the Chair.

Section 2. Officer Elections

The Democratic Alliance Convention shall hold an election for Chair and Vice Chair during the second to last week of the conventions that start in the months of April, August, and December as follows: party members shall have 48 hours to nominate one or more members of their choice for either of the positions, all nominated members shall be put on a ballot, and party members shall have 48 hours to vote to elect the Chair and Vice Chair through instant-runoff voting.

Section 3. Chair Powers

The Democratic Alliance Convention Chair shall be the official leader of the party, manage the convention and any votes that take place, and create additional positions as they see fit and appoint party members to them.

Section 4. Vice Chair Powers

The Democratic Alliance Convention Vice Chair shall temporarily assume the powers of the Chair in the case of the Chair’s absence for 48 hours during party business, a leave of absence, or resignation, until they return; the Vice Chair shall become the Chair if the current Chair is absent for more than 168 hours during party business without a posted leave of absence, or if the Chair resigns.

Article 4. Endorsements

Section 1. Automatic Endorsements

A Democratic Alliance candidate/ticket running for an office shall be automatically endorsed, unless there is an objection raised by a party member against such endorsement, if they are the only candidate/ticket running in a single-seat election, or if the number of Democratic Alliance candidates running is equal to or less than the number of seats needed to hold a majority in such legislature in a multi-seat election.

Section 2. Endorsements of Candidates From Other Parties

A candidate who is not a member of Democratic Alliance may request an endorsement for an upcoming election that is taking place no more than 30 days later.

Section 3. Endorsement Vote Schedule

All endorsement votes shall begin 3 weeks before such election is scheduled to take place; in the case no Democratic Alliance candidate/ticket running for an office, the endorsement vote for such office shall be held 1 week before such election is scheduled to take place.

Section 4. Endorsement Vote Process

If two or more Democratic Alliance candidates/tickets running in the same single-seat election, if the number of Democratic Alliance candidates running greater than the number of seats needed to hold a majority in such legislature in a multi-seat election, or if an objection was raised by a party member against an automatic endorsement of a Democratic Alliance candidate/ticket, a primary hall be held as follows: the applicable candidates for each office should each be put on a ballot, and party members shall have 48 hours to vote to determine which candidate or candidates shall receive full support in the election from the party through instant-runoff voting; a Democratic Alliance candidate/ticket needs a simple majority of support, and a non-party candidate needs a 60% majority of support to be endorsed, unless there is no Democratic Alliance candidate/ticket running for such office, where in such case a non-party candidate only needs a simple majority of support to be endorsed.

Article 5. Platform and Amendments

Section 1. Platform Adoption

Democratic Alliance shall adopt a platform at the beginning of each convention with input from party members, using the amendment process described in Section 3 of this Article.

Section 2. Amendment Proposals

Any party member may propose an amendment to the party bylaws or platform.

Section 3. Amendment Process

Amendments to the party bylaws or platform shall happen as follows: party members shall have 24 hours to object to a proposed amendment; if there are no objections, the amendment shall be adopted; otherwise, if there is an objection, a vote lasting 48 hours shall be held on whether to adopt or reject the amendment, requiring a simple majority to pass.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2021, 08:51:15 PM »

x Sirius, Chair Emeritus
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2021, 12:17:02 PM »

X Lumine
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2021, 12:31:16 PM »

X Dwarven Dragon
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2021, 03:29:39 PM »

Last call for delegates to sign in!
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2021, 09:43:19 PM »

Any delegates may propose bylaw or platform amendments now.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2021, 09:59:55 PM »

I once spent a weekend in Bradford PA and had to call an ambulance at 3:00 AM on a Sunday morning because I found a man lying facedown in a pile of vomit in the Sheetz bathroom.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2021, 10:31:58 PM »

I once spent a weekend in Bradford PA and had to call an ambulance at 3:00 AM on a Sunday morning because I found a man lying facedown in a pile of vomit in the Sheetz bathroom.

Hey don't diss my dad's hometown like that Angry
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2021, 10:40:40 PM »

No disrespect intended. Simply reporting the facts and providing a humorous local anecdote in the spirit of the convention Smiley
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2021, 10:43:23 PM »

No disrespect intended. Simply reporting the facts and providing a humorous local anecdote in the spirit of the convention Smiley
I was overreacting Tongue
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2021, 07:12:41 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2021, 07:52:38 PM by Ishan »

Seeing as the Chair and Vice-Chair have left the party, there is no leadership.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2021, 10:52:36 PM »

no
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2021, 03:54:56 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2021, 03:58:13 AM by Senator and Chair WB »

If no one has any amendments to bylaws or the platform, then we can move on to endorsements. Those interested may ask for an endorsement now.

the following are automatically endorsed unless a member makes an objection to them.

President:
Spark/CentristRepublican

Senate:
Weatherboy1102
Utah Neolib

Lincoln General Court:
Dwarven Dragon
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2021, 03:55:33 AM »

Immediately objecting to the endorsement of Spark.

Just... no.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2021, 04:11:14 AM »

Distinguished members of the Democratic Alliance,

I would like to make an appeal for an endorsement.

Now I realize that relations between Labor and the DA have been, uh, shaky at times. And often times it has been a Herculean effort to mend those relations and act as a diplomat between the two parties. But I am asking to be considered for your endorsement because I believe I am the candidate who will untie these knots and bring both unity and activity as the next president.

DA is a big-tent party, so naturally I understand we don't always see eye-to-eye. However, I have been collaborating with your chair, Senator Weatherboy, on legislation that will hopefully serve as a catalyst for more personal ownership, specifically housing.

Over the past few months (since the NPC elections came to a close, frankly Tongue) I have developed a great personal relationship with individuals including Weatherboy, Australian Swing Voter, and Utah Neolib.

I've made activity my main priority in all the offices I have served. I don't think this is something that even most of the people not supporting my campaign would dispute. But I have always been upfront about where I stand on the issues, and I am not someone who rejects the spirit of compromise.

An endorsement for me is an endorsement for someone who will be a hands-on president. As I stated at the recent debate, the President's job does not begin and end at the White House. I am not the status quo candidate, although I will continue to champion the causes I've fought for - ones which have often received support from DA members as well as Federalists.

I humbly request this good party's support for our campaign.

Thank you. Smile
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2021, 08:40:13 AM »

Objecting to Spark endorsement
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2021, 09:42:48 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2021, 10:02:11 AM by Senator Spark »

Statement by Federalist presidential candidate Spark
On the floor of the Democratic Alliance national convention regarding the automatic endorsement of our ticket.

Gentlemen, distinguished members of the Democratic Alliance, I recognize that you may have reservations about my past. But this election and my candidacy are not about the past, it is about the future. My firm commitment to you cannot be understated. I will not return us to the divisive campaign conduct of the past. I have learned and grown from my mistakes. I humbly ask for your confidence in both my running-mate and I. If you choose to decline my endorsement for President, that is your preference; but at the very least, I do hope that my running-mate can be considered for a vice presidential endorsement. The by-laws are clear that this ticket should be endorsed. Personal objections should not have any bearing on this endorsement because I will not repeat past conduct. If you look at my record in office, there has been an absence of any behavior for which you are expressing opposition.

Section 1. Automatic Endorsements

"A Democratic Alliance candidate/ticket running for an office shall be automatically endorsed, unless there is an objection raised by a party member against such endorsement, if they are the only candidate/ticket running in a single-seat election, or if the number of Democratic Alliance candidates running is equal to or less than the number of seats needed to hold a majority in such legislature in a multi-seat election."

You should know that I remain committed to advancing the mission, platform, and ideals of the Democratic Alliance. I have shown this not only my selection of a DA member, but through my partnership with Tmth and others during my time in the Southern CoD. Labor has failed not only Atlasia, but the DA by ignoring its interests and shutting you out from decisions that are made. I can assure you that this process will only continue. Regardless of our personal feuds and differences, I believe my ticket is worthy of the DA endorsement. We need to set this quarreling and senseless attacks aside for a better Atlasia. The Labor party will not bring an improved nation. I do hope that you reconsider and choose not to sever the bonds between the Federalists and yourselves by refusing to endorse the Federalist/DA ticket. It will have far reaching consequences in endangering the national relevance of the Democratic Alliance.

You may reach out to me publicly or privately for assurances that I will take the policies and wishes of your party into account in this ticket being the standard bearer.

Respectfully,

Spark
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2021, 12:30:32 PM »

Hey, folks. I think everyone knows where the three of us stand, mostly, and the final decision is yours to make. Just wanted to say while requesting your endorsement that the effort to raise activity which all of us have emphasized needs everyone’s backing regardless of party or whatever our aim in the game is. Obviously we all have had that experience – and, again, the merits of those will be up to you to judge. But how we have expressed that has differed, sometimes sharply. I have consistently been ready to reach beyond partisan confrontation and work things out for the betterment of all sides, as has been the case in both my AFE activity, the NPCs, and just about every legislative effort I participated in.

I’m not the most online candidate, but when I show up I always make sure I have something to say. Throughout my tenure I’ve therefore tried to make every legislative effort and every cross-partisan amendment and every debate count. That spirit and the work I’ve put in behind it is desperately needed in whoever becomes president, and I believe I have the capacity not only to work with the broad range of visions and proposals that the DA represents, but also earn your confidence in return when working with them.

I hope you’ll consider providing that confidence for this ticket, and thank you – sincerely – for listening.
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2021, 01:17:12 PM »

x Cokeland Saxton
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon