Biden voters, how do you feel he is doing?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:52:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden voters, how do you feel he is doing?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Biden voters, how do you feel he is doing?
Best president in my lifetime

Great

Better than Trump but still not good

Disappointed

I regret not voting for Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Biden voters, how do you feel he is doing?  (Read 1110 times)
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 29, 2021, 09:49:19 PM »

Biden voters, how do you feel he is doing so far?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 04:14:00 PM »

He's doing a decent job, is focused on the right things, & even when he's misstepped, he's still gotten some important sh*t done. I know that I chose wisely with my votes for Biden in 2020, in both the Democratic primary & the general election.
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 04:18:39 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2021, 09:38:30 PM by YOU JUST POSTED MALARKEY! »

Option #1 and Option #3 are not at all mutually exclusive
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 09:23:15 PM »

Lets be honest, not great.  But I mostly blame Dems in congress, who right now are a toxic mix of ultra-liberals who won't compromise and have unrealistic expectations, old politicians who won't retire, and moderates who refuse to allow anything to get done. 

Basically, I'm at the point where I'd prefer 6 year term limits for all house and senate members.  Wish they'd all just leave and be replaced with competent normal people. 

Anyways, he's still better than the orange piece of garbage before him or whatever religious fanatic the GOP will nominate next.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2021, 06:17:47 AM »

A combination of #2 and #3, although I don't think I could vote that way with the poll. Biden certainly is better than Trump, and that is a low bar to clear. However, aside from the stimulus earlier this year, he has not had any significant legislative initiatives pass. The Afghanistan withdrawal was handled poorly, the administration's coronavirus response strategies have been flawed, and the border situation has also been a disaster. Inflation is also a problem. Moreover, I don't approve of some of the Administration's social policy stances. There's still time to turn things around, but the situation is not the best at the moment.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 08:18:33 AM »
« Edited: October 01, 2021, 08:29:25 AM by Mr.Phips »

I didn’t vote for him (I wrote in a friend because I obviously couldn’t vote for Trump) because I knew all along that he wouldn’t be able get anything done and would pretty much be a lame duck on arrival.  I feel completely vindicated with my write in vote and would do the same in 2024.  I hate to have to say “I told you so”.

Hopefully this is the last time Dem primary voters fall for a candidate that talks about “bipartisanship”.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 11:07:52 AM »

I didn’t vote for him (I wrote in a friend because I obviously couldn’t vote for Trump) because I knew all along that he wouldn’t be able get anything done and would pretty much be a lame duck on arrival.  I feel completely vindicated with my write in vote and would do the same in 2024.  I hate to have to say “I told you so”.

Hopefully this is the last time Dem primary voters fall for a candidate that talks about “bipartisanship”.

We didn't actually want bipartisanship.  We just wanted someone who would get rid of Trump, which he did.  And he was able to drag the senate over the line with him which means 50 Dem Federal Judges in the first year.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2021, 11:08:58 AM »

I didn't vote for him during the primary, and the way he's governed has clearly validated that part of my vote. He's clearly governing more like Bill Clinton than FDR or LBJ, and that style of governance won't go far enough in the current political climate.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2021, 11:45:40 AM »

Virtually nothing has changed in actuality on Biden's part: it's merely a matter of perception, brought on by a bloodthirsty media hell-bent on convincing people we should have stayed in Afghanistan for the next 100 years.

So being a logical person, I feel just as good about him as I did before mid-August, and detest Congress just as much as I did before then, too.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2021, 12:21:54 PM »

We didn't actually want bipartisanship.  We just wanted someone who would get rid of Trump, which he did.  And he was able to drag the senate over the line with him which means 50 Dem Federal Judges in the first year.

Biden winning and governing the way he is just paves the way for Trump (or someone just like him) to get a elected with a Republican House and filibuster proof senate majority in 2024 or 2028.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2021, 12:48:25 PM »

Overall, option three. Better than Obama, given that he's working with a much smaller majority, but there's definitely more he could do. I don't think there was any good way for him to handle Afghanistan, and pulling out was the right thing to do, so I don't blame him for that. He needs to play hardball with Sinema and company, since they're a direct threat to him literally getting more than 5% of his agenda passed. I know that we're not going to see Medicare for All or the type of minimum wage increase that people need, but Biden shouldn't be afraid of putting enormous pressure on Democratic holdouts to at least make meaningful progress on these issues.

Immigration is something that I'm uniformly unhappy about. It was, in my opinion, the absolute worst and most cruel element of Trump's presidency and he unfortunately shifted the U.S. lightyears to the right on that issue to the point where being indifferent about inhumane treatment of all immigrants and wanting to reduce all immigration became mainstream, and I've been very disappointed not to see much change. The incompetence of USCIS has become comical during the pandemic, and he has not done anywhere near enough to properly handle the situation at the border or people who are essentially stuck in limbo thanks to their process being delayed by COVID and USCIS processing visas and green cards many times slower than usual. I'm honestly worried that the goalposts will be moved even further to the extreme on this issue, and that the next Republican president will go much further than Trump, in part thanks to Biden not making sufficient effort to completely undo the damage Trump did.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2021, 01:12:32 PM »

No option between 2 and 3? I think he's doing "good"/"okay". The Afghanistan withdrawal made me respect him even more, because he actually follows through. On policy, let's see. I think taking a hands-off and low-key approach may pay off, but again, we'll see.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2021, 04:13:48 PM »

Really don't like that 3rd option. What do I pick if I think "Better than Trump, good not great"?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2021, 05:40:10 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2021, 05:43:52 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

He is doing the best he can with one of the worst situations any President could inherent. Though some things he isn't doing enough like with support for ending the filibuster and immigration.

Even with those disappointments though, in no way is Trump rehabilitated, not even with the Afghanistan withdrawal. We still have the better situation here, as bad as things still look.

On the downside, and this is probably more the fault of his weak and disagreeable trifecta, his agenda is likely deader than disco after the infrastructure situation is resolved. Hopefully Breyer could at least retire already. Him being replaced by a young, liberal Justice would still be a big accomplishment. But that almost exemplifies the story of this administration-it's constantly at the mercy of others, with little they can often do about it.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2021, 10:10:00 AM »

The border issue aside, the administration was off to a good start, they hit the ground running in ways that no other administration of my lifetime did. However, that seemed to change this summer, both with the tying of the reconciliation bill to the bipartisan infrastructure bill, as well as the withdrawal from Afghanistan. Now don't get me wrong, I support what's in the reconciliation bill and hope it passes, but I feel it was a mistake to tie it to the bipartisan infrastructure bill. They should've passed the bipartisan infrastructure bill first, and then moved to pass the reconciliation bill rather than making one dependent on the passage of the other. As for the Afghanistan withdrawal, it was the right decision and I give Biden credit for sticking to his guns (something his former boss was too chicken to do with Iraq), but I also do feel it was a messy pull out and one that definitely could've been handled better. Both of these events of the summer took the wind out of the sails of the Biden administration and left them scrambling.

I'll also acknowledge however that both moderate democrats (Sinema, Manchin) and progressive alike (the Squad, unfortunately Sanders with regards to the infrastructure bill) are just as much of a hindrance to Biden as Afghanistan and the tying of the two plans. Biden, as well as Schumer and Pelosi need to take a page from the LBJ play book and get these pests in line.

In short, they had a very strong start, but got derailed over the course of the last two months. There's still time to get back on track, but it needs to happen sooner rather than later. I'd say despite some flaws, Biden thus far has been the best President of my lifetime, though that isn't saying much. Clinton lost his spine after 1994, W. was a disaster (don't let media and center left white washing fool you), Obama was a huge missed opportunity, and I hope I don't have to explain the last embarrassment of a person that occupied the Presidency.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2021, 12:15:01 PM »

I think he did a great job the first 6 months, but he is slipping. I mostly blame Manchin/Sinema for 99%

That said, I think he should be doing more to fight inflation, house prices and shortages. And I think he was too supportive of the CDC trying mask everyone up again
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2021, 01:11:27 PM »

Not great, but most of it is not his fault. He's had some real bad luck the next few months.

Hopefully things will get back on track soon. It looks like it's possible.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2021, 02:24:21 PM »

He’s doing pretty terribly IMO. Very Weimar Republic vibes before we completely collapse as a country. He, Pelosi, Schumer = useless controlled opposition ready to grift as we collapse.

I don’t regret voting for him since Trump is hellbent on blowing up America but I don’t see Biden taking any real steps to ensure that doesn’t happen again. So it will.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2021, 10:01:18 PM »

I think he did a great job the first 6 months, but he is slipping. I mostly blame Manchin/Sinema for 99%

That said, I think he should be doing more to fight inflation, house prices and shortages. And I think he was too supportive of the CDC trying mask everyone up again

The Biden White House quickly resumed with the practice of mask-wearing, despite the fact that all staff, visitors, and reporters are vaccinated. And Biden himself has resumed with the practice, as have the House of Representatives and Senate Democrats. I have a sinking feeling that Biden's State of the Union address next year will look like his special address to Congress from earlier this year, with everyone masked and with a smaller audience in attendance.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies