Could a Muslim flight attendant refuse to serve alcohol on a flight and be protected from firing? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:53:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Could a Muslim flight attendant refuse to serve alcohol on a flight and be protected from firing? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could a Muslim flight attendant refuse to serve alcohol on a flight and be protected from firing?  (Read 1708 times)
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« on: September 29, 2021, 12:56:05 PM »

Could a smoker who works at a fireworks factory refuse to go outside on their cigarette breaks and be protected from firing?
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 11:55:32 PM »

Could a smoker who works at a fireworks factory refuse to go outside on their cigarette breaks and be protected from firing?

no, smoking is not protected the same way religion is

No duh, but so what? You're freely allowed to believe in whatever religion you want, and you obviously shouldn't get fired on the basis of your religion, but the first amendment doesn't mean that you are entitled to a job if you are incapable of doing said job. If I started a religion named Koopism where my believers are completely barred from washing their hands lest they face eternal torment in the 7th Circle of Hell, should I be allowed to work in a kitchen? Or for a less extreme example, what if Koopism forbade its followers from touching dead animal meat? Should a Koopist be entitled to work at McDonald's even though they would be unable to cook anything besides hash browns and freedom fries?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies