SB 105-11: TMTH Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:42:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 105-11: TMTH Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 105-11: TMTH Act (Passed)  (Read 2355 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: October 02, 2021, 10:04:11 PM »

We also need to keep in mind that, even without accounting for market fluctuations, obviously the tax incentive is going to give people more buying power in cities with lower costs of living, like Oklahoma City, than high-COL cities like New York or Los Angeles. So a county-by-county index might be something to consider as well. That $3K or $6K is going to help everyone regardless, but once we start getting into the more expensive places (which are mostly the ones that have more job opportunities and therefore draw more people in) the benefits have a progressively smaller impact.

If we have run into problems codifying this all into the bill, then I think that a fixed rate of $10,000 for individuals and $20,000 for couples would be a fair route. Or perhaps something like $12,500 for individuals and $25,000 for couples.
How would we go about a county-by-county index? I originally thought maybe having just a simple function that scales the COL and potential benefits but that could lead to a similar situation as before where the COL decreases and may lock people out of benefits they thought they had.

I get what you're saying and I agree, it's just hard to find a way to make this work near-perfectly.

Yeah, the problem is likely that we would need to hand those decisions to the bureaucracy, because obviously we can't set a fixed rate for every county in the nation.

But that would also lead to budget problems.

Sometimes you just have to say a certain level of complexity is beyond the practical realities of the game and just take some things for granted.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 10:06:37 PM »

I of course support the underlying bill as I have long condemned the situation we have now with a culture based on a fee-for-service model, no ownership of property or assets and complete dependence in an near serf like condition that leaves people exploited and financially dependent on an international investor class.

Of course this also being a program built around savings means that it doesn't rely on historical efforts to achieve this same result that involved predatory lending and financial schemes to the extent that they crashed the whole economy and allowed for even more concentrations of wealth into even fewer hands globally.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 03:05:38 PM »

Is it realistic to formulate a county index? Considering our limitations I think the fixed rate is probably the best route.

While leaving open ended stuff for agencies to fill in the blanks has been an escape in the past it also makes any attempt at scoring impact that much more complicated for the GM team as well.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 11:47:45 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies