NC Yankee For Upper South Senate Election HQ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:40:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NC Yankee For Upper South Senate Election HQ
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC Yankee For Upper South Senate Election HQ  (Read 453 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 04, 2021, 11:45:43 PM »

NC YANKEE FOR UPPER SOUTH SENATE
December 10th-12th
Federalism Families Freedoms

Campaign Events

Endorsements
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 12:20:03 AM »
« Edited: December 05, 2021, 01:14:27 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Raleigh, NC
December 4th, 2021

Ladies and Gentlemen,

In this time we face a serious of challenges. We face the rise of an emboldened Labor Party that seems determined to do all of the things which made Old Labor infamous while cloaking itself under the rhetorical guise of Trumanite Regionalism. While I applaud their attempt at the rhetoric, but the reality is far from it when it comes to the actual policies on the ground in the Senate.

In terms of the Labor Right's Amendment, we see but yet another example of the Laborite dominated government in Nyman trying to strip areas of responsibilities from the regions and place them beyond playability in a detriment to the game and in a detriment to the balance of our federal system. This clearly manifests itself the same impulse that motivated similar pushes in days of yore and represents the very real specter of "Slow Drip Centralism" as I have dubbed it. It is my intention to oppose such efforts as and protect the ability of our region under its rights as an entity in this game, to sort out policies on the local level.

We face a stunning disrespect and disregard for the judicial independence of this country and this is yet again one that sends shivers down the spines of those who remember the bloody days of the past. From Monday Morning Quarterbacking a two year old trial, to seeking to bar from office permanently those who were convicted in the past, to seeking a near bill of attainder against our Governor. These are all stunning violations of traditional responsibilities of the legislative branch, the norms of dealing with ex-convicts that would thus have barred some of our most respected Senators if adhered to in the past, and bode ill for the future of the game with this conquer the sandbox approach.

What is worse, if it was not bad enough that we see New Labor up to their old tricks, but now we have the rise of a centralist right that likewise embraces Labor's approach on many of these very issues where they pose the most threat to the right and yet this centralist right declares themselves as the true opposition.

These times call for principled leadership against the headwinds coming from all directions. As your Senator, I will fight to preserve the rights of this region and its representation in congress from those would diminish it for the sake of gaining power. I will fight to protect the historic divisions between the branches and the independence of the judiciary.

I support the right to bear arms and the right to bear low potency explosives and I opposed both the assault weapons ban and the removal of the explosives language many years ago. I believe in the right to private property and voted for the recent amendment to protect it. I likewise support the right to self defense for both yourself and your property.

I oppose the bullying of the mob, the majoritarian excess of the legislature, the imperial executive and the ever pressing desire to centralize more power in Nyman at the expense of the Regions and at the expense of the people.

When it comes to the economy, I support the preservation of the competitive free market and I oppose the dominance of global monopolies, especially when those global cartels are beholden to or outright owned by Red China. As a Main Street Federalist, I believe that our policies should focus on the interests of our country and seek to reinvigorate Main Street, Not Wall Street, Pennsylvania Avenue or foreign conglomerates at its expense.

I believe that education should be locally controlled with responsible parental involvement, that history should be taught fully without the influence of identitarian revisionism, and should equip the society of tomorrow to process and respond critically to an inundation of misinformation and disinformation stemming from global cartels, to foreign powers, to random stuff posted on the internet. While I support school choice and the existence of competition, I also favor an aggressive fight for the public school system against the intransigence of public sector unions and the politicians they control, to reform and improve it

I hope to be able to make several more events outlining further my concerns and my positions on the issues of the day, but for now I will offer to accept any questions your might have and I ask for your vote next weekend.

Thanks and Dave Bless!!!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 12:28:46 AM »

Always proud to have you as my Senator! Endorsed! You're always necessary to protect the South from the bad guys who hate us.
UlmerFudd
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 12:55:36 AM »

Endorsed
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 10:16:09 AM »

Endorsed, of course!!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 10:34:21 AM »

Endorsed greatly.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2021, 11:45:04 PM »

Always endorsed! A vision we need now more than ever.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2021, 01:57:49 AM »

Reposting this here:

What this game needs is

1. A return to activity on the AFE board,
2. Pulling activity onto the board from discord
3. The promotion of sustainable and integrated population growth.
4. Moving away from the reliance on discord GOTV centric campaigns where all of the time is spent chasing down every last vote on discord and no time to the things that this game used to be about (campaigns, debates, polling, newspapers, Senate and regional legislative debates etc).
5. The restoration of a decisive swing vote.
Archon
Rookie
Sweden

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2021, 03:10:53 PM »

Endorsed
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2021, 08:26:18 PM »

Endorsed.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2021, 09:11:16 PM »

Endorsed
Vladimir Leninov
Tumpologist
Rookie
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2021, 10:23:48 PM »

Happy to endorse brother
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2021, 11:21:01 PM »

Reposting this here:

What this g ame needs is

4. Moving away from the reliance on discord GOTV centric campaigns where all of the time is spent chasing down every last vote on discord and no time to the things that this game used to be about (campaigns, debates, polling, newspapers, Senate and regional legislative debates etc).
For the interest of restoring activity to this board, I'm making this post.

I do agree with this and your aims are noble but how could this be done?

The reason why people are focused on discord GOTV is because many voters barely post on atlas anymore and post on discord. I can name a few (including some officeholders) who barely post on Atlas and only on discord. Also, most forum voters from what I've seen don't see any Atlasia posts until they vote and they only care about what type of pm you send, and most swing voters are gettable through a good pm. For the last few years, there has been 4-6 "true" swing voters, and I doubt anything is going to change that unless people start being swing voters for some reason.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2021, 11:24:15 PM »

Reposting this here:

What this g ame needs is

The reason why people are focused on discord GOTV is because many voters barely post on atlas anymore and post on discord. I can name a few (including some officeholders) who barely post on Atlas and only on discord. Also, most forum voters from what I've seen don't see any Atlasia posts until they vote and they only care about what type of pm you send, and most swing voters are gettable through a good pm. For the last few years, there has been 4-6 "true" swing voters, and I doubt anything is going to change that unless people start being swing voters for some reason.
You blew your opportunity to lead by example, and that's why the game has been dead for the past 8 months.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2021, 12:07:17 AM »

Reposting this here:

What this g ame needs is

You have to shift the culture. It wont just happen over night but over time you build up the board activity through sustained efforts to create situations that will drive activity to the board.

I created the polls for instance, now it is a question of encouraging everyone to not only vote in the polls, but post in those poll threads and say why you are voting the way you are. The same goes for my speeches, the same goes for newspapers etc.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2021, 01:07:17 AM »

ENDORSED
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2021, 10:35:45 PM »

I know I already voted and it probably doesn't need to be said, but you always have my endorsement.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2021, 10:36:34 PM »

I know I already voted and it probably doesn't need to be said, but you always have my endorsement.

Now that you are out of the slammer, how about we re open the saloon?

I think we about to make a lot of business off of Labor. Evil
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2021, 10:42:46 PM »

Now that you are out of the slammer, how about we re open the saloon?

I think we about to make a lot of business off of Labor. Evil

You're the only one around here that hires convicted Atlas felons  Devil
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies