GregTheGreat for Northeastern subregional Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:04:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  GregTheGreat for Northeastern subregional Senate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GregTheGreat for Northeastern subregional Senate  (Read 372 times)
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 04, 2021, 11:14:17 PM »

I am running against tack50

My platform:
1. I stand against Wulfricism
2. I support the right to bear arms
3. I support lowering immigration rates, as immigration lowers wages
4. I support cutting taxes on the lower & middle classes while raising them on the wealthy
5. I support repealing all mask requirements

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask either here on this thread or in a PM
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 11:40:42 PM »

One of the core elements of Wulfricism was banning a restaurant chain from existence in the name of combating obesity, would you expound in terms of your position with regards to private sector business and the appropriateness of government dictation as to what or how said business may operate?

Another core element of Wulfricism was secessionism. While I have a lengthy speech on the history of secessionism in the pipeline, I would at risk of spoiling some of it inquire a bit about this issue. Over the years there have been three main drivers of secessionist sentiment 1). Radicals seeking to dismantle the Federalist System, 2) Secessionism for the sake of stirring the pot and 3) a conservative reaction to the tyranny of the centralist left in Nyman.  The recent Lincolnite effort as well as the Northeast Secession movement of 2015 were motivated by some combination of 1 and 2. What steps should be taken by the Federal Government not just to oppose secessionism, but to limit the appeal of such in the future?

On the right to bear arms, do you support also the right to bear low potency explosives as was the case in Atlasia from 2006 - 2015 and would you support restoring this right to the constitution?

As for your tax cut proposal, you indicate a support for balancing cuts for lower and middle class with hikes on the wealthy, would you support the restoration of the Pay as you Go rules to the Senate rules? Such were created by the Federalist majority in 2017 but were repealed by Laborite majority in 2019.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 11:54:11 PM »

I'm glad to see you in the race as someone who has ran against your opponent before. The Senate has been a mess lately (in large part because of your opponent), but the Subregions can have their voice heard about the need to clean up Nyman. Endorsed!
You seem to have a promising future in Atlasia. Please reach out to me if you want mentoring about elections and government in this game.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 12:28:09 PM »

One of the core elements of Wulfricism was banning a restaurant chain from existence in the name of combating obesity, would you expound in terms of your position with regards to private sector business and the appropriateness of government dictation as to what or how said business may operate?

Another core element of Wulfricism was secessionism. While I have a lengthy speech on the history of secessionism in the pipeline, I would at risk of spoiling some of it inquire a bit about this issue. Over the years there have been three main drivers of secessionist sentiment 1). Radicals seeking to dismantle the Federalist System, 2) Secessionism for the sake of stirring the pot and 3) a conservative reaction to the tyranny of the centralist left in Nyman.  The recent Lincolnite effort as well as the Northeast Secession movement of 2015 were motivated by some combination of 1 and 2. What steps should be taken by the Federal Government not just to oppose secessionism, but to limit the appeal of such in the future?

On the right to bear arms, do you support also the right to bear low potency explosives as was the case in Atlasia from 2006 - 2015 and would you support restoring this right to the constitution?

As for your tax cut proposal, you indicate a support for balancing cuts for lower and middle class with hikes on the wealthy, would you support the restoration of the Pay as you Go rules to the Senate rules? Such were created by the Federalist majority in 2017 but were repealed by Laborite majority in 2019.

For the first question, I firmly believe that obesity is a matter of personal diet and exercise for 99% of people. The government shouldn't be telling you what to eat, especially when you are paying for it yourself.

We could make a couple of policy concessions to the radicals, but not on anything important, like allowing secession. I will fight against Wulfricism in the regional Senate

I would support restoring the right to bear low potency explosives. Every individual should have the right to defend themselves.

I would support the restoration of Pay As You Go

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2021, 07:16:53 PM »

I thank you for your answers and you have my support.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 04:57:21 PM »

Endorsed
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2021, 11:34:36 PM »

Endorsed!
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2021, 05:10:03 PM »

I will vote NAY and, if there were such a function of the Senate, filibuster the s**t out of the Ban McDonalds Act!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2021, 09:23:18 PM »

I will vote NAY and, if there were such a function of the Senate, filibuster the s**t out of the Ban McDonalds Act!

It does but only for a limited period of time:
3.) Once a piece of legislation has been on the floor for 120 hours, any Senator may motion for a final vote. If no objection is made against such a motion within 24 hours, a final vote shall be opened. If an objection is made, then a vote shall be opened on ending debate. The concurrence of three-fourths of the Senate shall be required to end debate, unless the legislation had been on the floor for at least 168 hours or debate had ceased for at least 24 hours prior to the motion for a final vote. Should the Senate vote to end debate, a final vote shall be opened.

The key is to make sure that the posts are less than 24 hours apart in duration. Also pre-reset (before May 2016) it was established that it had to be "on the topic of the bill", though this hasn't been likewise post reset as I don't think anyone has tried to use the filibuster provision since Franzl in 2013.
Archon
Rookie
Sweden

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2021, 03:10:26 PM »

Endorsed
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2021, 08:26:50 PM »

Endorsed.
Vladimir Leninov
Tumpologist
Rookie
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2021, 10:27:28 PM »

Disagree on Masks/Vaccine Mandates, but sold on

3. I support lowering immigration rates, as immigration lowers wages
4. I support cutting taxes on the lower & middle classes while raising them on the wealthy
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2021, 05:29:12 PM »

The elections are going right now, so make sure to get out and vote!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies