Arizona Audit results leaked before release tomorrow- Reveals nothing changed in results
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:41:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Arizona Audit results leaked before release tomorrow- Reveals nothing changed in results
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Arizona Audit results leaked before release tomorrow- Reveals nothing changed in results  (Read 2758 times)
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2021, 12:48:42 AM »
« edited: September 24, 2021, 12:56:04 AM by I’M GONNA TOOOOOOOOM »

Oh well, why not?

I’m a partisan Republican and I will never stop being one. But even I have my limits.

Stop wasting money on this drivel and actually focus your money and energy on 2022 and 2024. Stop. It.

And stop blindly listening to Trump and Lindell’s election stolen drivel as if it was the gospel’s word. Trump is now asking for an audit in Texas, a state he won by 5- for what purpose or measure? How does this man’s perfectly apparent mental breakdown help us win? Just pass election integrity laws that minimize activities such as ballot harvesting, as so many red states have, rather than focusing on “audits” that achieve absolutely nothing but a waste of money and a ton of embarrassment. Stop being obsessed with a personality cult and fight for conservative values, you imbeciles.

If Trump runs in 2024, and confirms my worst fears and runs an “election stolen 2020” style campaign I will either make sure he isn’t the GOP nominee (difficult) or leave the presidential ballot blank (even as I write down all down-ballot races for Republicans elsewhere) or write in DeSantis or Ronald Reagan. Or William F. Buckley. Or Clarence Thomas or Anton Scalia. But I've had enough of this balderdash.
You are very conveniently ignoring that the established republican party and right wing media is SUPPORTING this clear authoritarian undermining of democracy. Being a "partisan republican" right now is basically supporting the abolishment of democracy. That sucks if you hold conservative views while believing in western democracy, but those are the undeniable facts on the ground right now. If you continue to support the Trump-led GQP, then you are part of the problem, not the solution.

Guess what? I do not give a damn.

The Biden administration and the Democrats are clearly committed to destroying America, as literally everything they attempt indicates. They are far worse for the country than even the worst of the Republicans. Regardless, the main reason why I oppose such election audits is because they distract from our causes in 2022 and 2024- not because I have any intention to score brownie points with people of your ideology or belief system.

Comments like yours only re-affirm my instinct that I should make sure your side never wins.

(Also if you use the term “GQP” unironically, you automatically end up on my ignore list.)
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2021, 12:48:53 AM »

Trump cultists (and probably Trump as well) calling the audit fake and rigged in 3...2...1.....
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2021, 12:50:29 AM »

Trump cultists (and probably Trump as well) calling the audit fake and rigged in 3...2...1.....

The reaction to the Maricopa audit dropping from Trump cultists is eerily similar to the reaction unhinged resisters had when the Mueller Report was released.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2021, 01:14:53 AM »

Oh well, why not?

I’m a partisan Republican and I will never stop being one. But even I have my limits.

Stop wasting money on this drivel and actually focus your money and energy on 2022 and 2024. Stop. It.

And stop blindly listening to Trump and Lindell’s election stolen drivel as if it was the gospel’s word. Trump is now asking for an audit in Texas, a state he won by 5- for what purpose or measure? How does this man’s perfectly apparent mental breakdown help us win? Just pass election integrity laws that minimize activities such as ballot harvesting, as so many red states have, rather than focusing on “audits” that achieve absolutely nothing but a waste of money and a ton of embarrassment. Stop being obsessed with a personality cult and fight for conservative values, you imbeciles.

If Trump runs in 2024, and confirms my worst fears and runs an “election stolen 2020” style campaign I will either make sure he isn’t the GOP nominee (difficult) or leave the presidential ballot blank (even as I write down all down-ballot races for Republicans elsewhere) or write in DeSantis or Ronald Reagan. Or William F. Buckley. Or Clarence Thomas or Anton Scalia. But I've had enough of this balderdash.
You are very conveniently ignoring that the established republican party and right wing media is SUPPORTING this clear authoritarian undermining of democracy. Being a "partisan republican" right now is basically supporting the abolishment of democracy. That sucks if you hold conservative views while believing in western democracy, but those are the undeniable facts on the ground right now. If you continue to support the Trump-led GQP, then you are part of the problem, not the solution.

The Biden administration and the Democrats are clearly committed to destroying America, as literally everything they attempt indicates. They are far worse for the country than even the worst of the Republicans. Regardless, the main reason why I oppose such election audits is because they distract from our causes in 2022 and 2024- not because I have any intention to score brownie points with people of your ideology or belief system.

Comments like yours only re-affirm my instinct that I should make sure your side never wins.

(Also if you use the term “GQP” unironically, you automatically end up on my ignore list.)
You don't care about democracy. Check.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2021, 01:20:49 AM »

Oh well, why not?

What even is “democracy”? Are you referring to the system in ancient Athens of a direct democracy? Because the United States’s system is a Republic, not a “democracy” if that is the literal definition to be used.

I care about our Republic. I do not care about “democracy” because we aren’t one.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2021, 01:30:23 AM »

I care about our Republic. I do not care about “democracy” because we aren’t one.

You're reaching 'edgy millennial teen' levels of bad takes here.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2021, 01:47:25 AM »

Biden won with 80M votes compared to Trump 74M we are the Majority that's all it is to it, that's why since 1992 we have held the Senate and Oval office and Rs just on Gerrymandering, alone they have had control of the H.

Gore and Hillary almost won I'd it wasn't for 3rd party candidates and Kerry almost won as well
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2021, 01:53:45 AM »

The reaction to the Maricopa audit dropping from Trump cultists is eerily similar to the reaction unhinged resisters had when the Mueller Report was released.

Considering it's late over here in Houston, I imagine I'll be seeing the bulk of the Trump cultist reactions the next morning.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2021, 02:25:02 AM »

Here's what we gotta do---- support MORE 3rd Party election reviews, since apparently DEM votes have been dropping like flies with a massive % swing in a narrow Biden State, really makes one wonder what an Independent 3rd Party outfit might be able to come up with in GA and NC....

SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2021, 03:03:17 AM »

Oh well, why not?

What even is “democracy”? Are you referring to the system in ancient Athens of a direct democracy? Because the United States’s system is a Republic, not a “democracy” if that is the literal definition to be used.

Pssst: A Republic is a form of democracy. Whatever exhausting semantic word games you want to get into, our Contitutional system is built on the people voting in elections. The current Republican party's desire to overturn democratic elections is anti- that.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2021, 06:45:54 AM »

Won’t make a difference. BG doesn’t say 2020 was rigid because ballots were stuff or there were illegal votes but that the changes in early voting due to Covid that made it easier for “certain people” to vote wasn’t fair
I didn't say it was rigged, I said making changes like AVR (which I support) in GA and VBM (which I support, but ONLY if IPEV is allowed too, which it isn't) in PA within a year of election day makes results questionable. And there were multiple other changes.

Keep in mind I don't deny the results of the election. Remove those two and Biden is still at 270. I just won't say with 100% certainty Biden won those two states.

Check your calendar.  Georgia instituted AVR in 2016.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2021, 08:27:50 AM »

Can Republicans finally admit that they don’t actually believe the election was stolen from Trump, and that all of these spectacles are being done simply because they’re sore losers?

Honestly, this is enough. You lost the election.

All of this litigation and nonsense is destroying American democracy.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2021, 08:41:09 AM »

Can Republicans finally admit that they don’t actually believe the election was stolen from Trump, and that all of these spectacles are being done simply because they’re sore losers?

Honestly, this is enough. You lost the election.

All of this litigation and nonsense is destroying American democracy.

The smart and cynical ones don't believe it was stolen, but they'll never admit it as long as the gullible elements continue to believe it.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2021, 08:42:47 AM »

From an old post of mine...
In the two states I mentioned above:

GA - Automatic voter registration is an issue. I actually support this in a vacuum, since I think the benefits of enfranchisement outweigh the potential for voter fraud. However I think we should have an honest discussion about the features and flaws of this measure. While I believe HR1 is a bad act overall, AVR, if the process is a lot cleaner and residency is closely monitored, can be a useful system.

What even is this? AVR has existed in Georgia since January 2017: literally all of Trump's presidency.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2021, 09:57:18 AM »

LMAO Biden increased his lead!

The audit was not credible and its results are meaningless, no matter what they are.
I agree, but I think the fact that even a group that has clear political motives was unable to prove or fabricate any results shows that there was no widespread fraud.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2021, 10:28:45 AM »

Won’t make a difference. BG doesn’t say 2020 was rigid because ballots were stuff or there were illegal votes but that the changes in early voting due to Covid that made it easier for “certain people” to vote wasn’t fair
I didn't say it was rigged, I said making changes like AVR (which I support) in GA and VBM (which I support, but ONLY if IPEV is allowed too, which it isn't) in PA within a year of election day makes results questionable. And there were multiple other changes.

Keep in mind I don't deny the results of the election. Remove those two and Biden is still at 270. I just won't say with 100% certainty Biden won those two states.

Why would it happening within a year have any significance? Don't you think a pandemic calls for some changes?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2021, 02:16:36 PM »

It's fun to read the Twitter replies to Garrett Archer and the other Arizona newsies reporting on this.  Most of the MAGA types seem convinced that the leaked draft was a decoy and the real report will show something completely different when it's released this afternoon.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2021, 02:34:39 PM »

It's fun to read the Twitter replies to Garrett Archer and the other Arizona newsies reporting on this.  Most of the MAGA types seem convinced that the leaked draft was a decoy and the real report will show something completely different when it's released this afternoon.

TO BE CONTINUED, I guess.
What time will we see it? Anyone know?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2021, 03:31:45 PM »

TO BE CONTINUED, I guess.
What time will we see it? Anyone know?

It's being presented to the AZ Senate at this moment - Garrett Archer is live-tweeting it (https://twitter.com/garrett_archer).  The official report will presumably be publicly released afterwards - I'd guess sometime after 7pm EDT tonight.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2021, 03:43:02 PM »

Maricopa County is also rebutting the presentation in real time: https://twitter.com/maricopacounty
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2021, 03:59:57 PM »

With regard to the audit, all I have to say is, ha!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2021, 04:22:39 PM »

Full text is here:
https://appropriations.house.gov/sites/democrats.appropriations.house.gov/files/documents/Iron%20Dome%20Supplemental%20Appropriations%20Act%202022.pdf

Perhaps I've been misreading it, but this bill also includes the language,
That  such  funds  shall  be  pro-
vided to address emergent requirements in support of Op-
eration Guardian of the Walls.

That makes it pretty clear that this is not "just" funding for a defensive system, but an implicit endorsement of continuing Iraeli airstrikes into the Gaza strip. I would suggest that before anyone argues such strikes are justified, please consider the Biden Administration's last airstrike in Afghanistan prior to our exit.

Wow, sounds like this audit has gotten even more out of hand than we suspected! Tongue

Wrong thread. Oops. Deleted my post - that was meant for the Iron Dome thread.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2021, 05:45:52 PM »

There's an old poker saying that no matter how long you stare at a deuce, it won't turn into an ace.  It looks like the pro-audit folks have been trying to bluff on a pair of deuces.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2021, 12:18:13 AM »

Did they find bamboo fibers in the ballots?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2021, 07:28:01 AM »

Did they find bamboo fibers in the ballots?

Funny, they didn't mention anything about that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies