Rep. Lauren Boebert busted for violating campaign finance laws, FEC threatens action
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:52:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rep. Lauren Boebert busted for violating campaign finance laws, FEC threatens action
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Rep. Lauren Boebert busted for violating campaign finance laws, FEC threatens action  (Read 743 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 23, 2021, 01:25:51 PM »

Republican U.S. Rep. Lauren Boebert paid rent and utility bills with campaign funds in violation of federal campaign finance laws, new filings with the Federal Election Commision show.

The filings, submitted to the FEC on Tuesday, also indicate that Boebert reimbursed her campaign for the $6,650 worth of payments. Representatives for the congresswoman could not immediately be reached for comment.

Each of the four payments in question (two for $2,000 each and another two for $1,325 each) were amended to show payments for the same amount, description and on the same days to John Pacheco, whose address is the same as Shooters Grill in Rifle, which Boebert owns. Pacheco’s relationship to Boebert was not immediately clear.

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/09/22/lauren-boebert-rent-utilities-campaign-finance/
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 02:22:18 PM »

Drain the swamp!
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 02:27:14 PM »

This is a political persecution!! Joe Biden Gestapo!!!!
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 02:49:52 PM »

What was that chant?  "LOCK HER UP?"
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 03:45:15 PM »

BigSerg: Corruption is good when my side does it!!!
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 04:30:45 PM »

Your posts read like satire
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2021, 06:06:30 PM »

Boebert is an idiot if she thought she could get away with this. Unfortunately, voters in her district won't care about this, and she's still favored for reelection next year, especially since the Redistricting Commission appears to be settling on a map that will make only marginal adjustments to the district's boundaries.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 06:09:14 PM »

*Yawn*. Americans don't care about financial crimes.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 08:09:44 PM »

Lock her up!
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 08:29:15 PM »

Bernie Madoff comes to mind. Mind-boggling financial crimes are a good read.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2021, 10:13:03 PM »

In addition to the crime itself, Boebert's actions and the response are a great demonstration of the massive inequality and injustice in the enforcement of the law. Boebert gets to "pay back" the thousands of dollars that she stole, likely without real consequence. How many other Americans would be given the same opportunity.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2021, 10:17:18 PM »

In addition to the crime itself, Boebert's actions and the response are a great demonstration of the massive inequality and injustice in the enforcement of the law. Boebert gets to "pay back" the thousands of dollars that she stole, likely without real consequence. How many other Americans would be given the same opportunity.

If you're well connected like Robert Rubin, you can get away with a lot more.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2021, 10:18:52 PM »

Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2021, 04:45:37 PM »

She's really not smart:
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2021, 02:04:48 PM »

She's really not smart:

Her, MTG, and Cawthorn have a combined IQ of 12.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2021, 02:18:07 PM »

She's really not smart:

https://www.101soundboards.com/sounds/230882-probably-got-an-iq-of-about-one
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2021, 08:23:30 PM »

This should just make Scott Tipton be even angrier at himself for managing to lose to a mentally unstable, semi-literate high school dropout.
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2021, 09:34:19 PM »

I love Lauren Bobert.  She's the closest thing to the honest-to-God average citizen getting elected to Congress.  I don't know that I'd want a whole chamber full of Lauren Boberts, but the one we have is certainly needed. 

When the Mainstream Media covers Hunter Biden's story fully and when Hunter Biden is brought to his account for his own misdeeds (lying on a concealed weapons permit application, tax woes, the issues from his laptop, the allegations of Tony Bobulinski) I'll take Lauren Bobert's alleged campaign irregularities with the seriousness they deserve.  If she's actually charged with a crime, let the matter go through the courts.  But let's at least be honest with the fact that under such circumstances we have one standard for Lauren Bobert and another standard for Hunter the Magic Crack Addict.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2021, 09:37:19 PM »

I love Lauren Bobert.  She's the closest thing to the honest-to-God average citizen getting elected to Congress.  I don't know that I'd want a whole chamber full of Lauren Boberts, but the one we have is certainly needed. 

When the Mainstream Media covers Hunter Biden's story fully and when Hunter Biden is brought to his account for his own misdeeds (lying on a concealed weapons permit application, tax woes, the issues from his laptop, the allegations of Tony Bobulinski) I'll take Lauren Bobert's alleged campaign irregularities with the seriousness they deserve.  If she's actually charged with a crime, let the matter go through the courts.  But let's at least be honest with the fact that under such circumstances we have one standard for Lauren Bobert and another standard for Hunter the Magic Crack Addict.

This would be a more compelling point if Hunter Biden held public office.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2021, 09:42:50 PM »

He's the President's son.  His own laptop shows e-mails that suggest he peddles influence with his father and that his father is a business partner of his.

Lauren Bobert is a backbench Representative who ought to follow laws, but so should Hunter Biden.  Of course, Lauren Bobert is a nobody without a famous and powerful (even when senile) father who is the boss of the Federal Prosecutors that have open investigations on him.  (Maybe they're closed.  Joe is, after all, a "Great Dad".)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2021, 09:48:21 PM »

He's the President's son.  His own laptop shows e-mails that suggest he peddles influence with his father and that his father is a business partner of his.

Lauren Bobert is a backbench Representative who ought to follow laws, but so should Hunter Biden.  Of course, Lauren Bobert is a nobody without a famous and powerful (even when senile) father who is the boss of the Federal Prosecutors that have open investigations on him.  (Maybe they're closed.  Joe is, after all, a "Great Dad".)

How many millions of dollars did Jared and Ivanka make from 2017-2021?

Why was it possible for lobbyists and foreign governments to reserve rooms at the Trump International Hotel and never check in, essentially funneling bribes to the Trumps through a hotel down the street from the White House?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2021, 09:59:39 PM »

Why was it possible for lobbyists and foreign governments to reserve rooms at the Trump International Hotel and never check in, essentially funneling bribes to the Trumps through a hotel down the street from the White House?

Just because you post it doesn't mean I believe it happened.  If this was actually a crime, Biden's DOJ would be on it already.  Now, however, I know that you've got a "whataboutism" card, and you can use such arguments in your posts.  I'll point out THIS very post the nest time a wave of Red Avatars complain about "whataboutism" and "derailing threads". 
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2021, 10:35:24 PM »

Just because you post it doesn't mean I believe it happened.  If this was actually a crime, Biden's DOJ would be on it already.  Now, however, I know that you've got a "whataboutism" card, and you can use such arguments in your posts.  I'll point out THIS very post the nest time a wave of Red Avatars complain about "whataboutism" and "derailing threads". 

I hope you point out the entire thread. Then we can see your hypocrisy.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2021, 03:45:26 AM »

Ah yes, the mysterious laptop of which nobody can prove where it came from, or even who dropped it off at the repair shop in the first place.  Very compelling evidence!

By the way, it’s Boebert.  If you’re going to shill for this moron, at least spell her name correctly.

I'll point out THIS very post the nest time a wave of Red Avatars complain about "whataboutism" and "derailing threads". 

You're the expert, given that a thread about Lauren Boebert is now about Hunter Biden.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2021, 07:21:02 AM »

Ah yes, the mysterious laptop of which nobody can prove where it came from, or even who dropped it off at the repair shop in the first place.  Very compelling evidence!

By the way, it’s Boebert.  If you’re going to shill for this moron, at least spell her name correctly.

I'll point out THIS very post the nest time a wave of Red Avatars complain about "whataboutism" and "derailing threads". 

You're the expert, given that a thread about Lauren Boebert is now about Hunter Biden.

And just why is that?  Is it because of the double standard so many have hear regarding honest reporting of allegations of wrongdoing?  That only allegations (supported by evidence, as the allegations of Hunter Biden's wrongdoing are) against conservatives should be vigorously reported, investigated, and discussed?

Note how one counterexample where alleged wrongdoing is shielded where an allegation against Boebert is actually MAGNIFIED as if they're fitting her for an orange jumpsuit as we speak, while allegations against the President's son that are still under Federal Investigation that involve acts that can be described as influence peddling are not even discussed by the Red Avatars here, and by the media, who traded their honesty and curiosity for favor with the King and his Court.  Do Red Avatars have guilty consciences about their own double standards in matters such as this?  If so, that's a sign of real progress.  Perhaps the guilty consciences can someday morph into an atmosphere where, at a minimum, the same standards of conduct can be applied to all, regardless of race, color, creed, or politics.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies