Atlas Redistricting Commission (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:45:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Atlas Redistricting Commission (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlas Redistricting Commission  (Read 7393 times)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: September 23, 2021, 02:49:14 PM »

Would love to!
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 10:51:58 PM »

I do think that it's better to have more participants than less in doing this sort of thing. Cvparty organized one of these a few years ago and it was sometimes difficult because there were relatively few people so if someone got busy or burnt out there weren't enough maps submitted.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 11:08:13 AM »

Ok, I see your point. The question is if we scrap the rule altogether or if we add a further sentence like: This rule can be loosened to account for the VRA or for CoIs or in states where counties have little meaning (e.g. Massachussetts) or for cities with particularly erose borders.

^I think something like this is good. Counties are often good CoIs, especially east of the Rockies and South/West of Philly, and especially in rural areas. But in major metros and certain parts of the country (New England, the West, and to a lesser extent NY/SEPA/NJ) counties are less significant.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies