SB 105-09: School Improvement and Jobs Act (Awaiting Executive Action) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:25:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 105-09: School Improvement and Jobs Act (Awaiting Executive Action) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 105-09: School Improvement and Jobs Act (Awaiting Executive Action)  (Read 1533 times)
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« on: September 22, 2021, 11:36:35 PM »

This bill will make substantial investments towards improving the quality of our public schools, while at the same time supporting the creation of thousands of new, good paying jobs. This bill includes provisions to promote our local steel, iron, and manufacturing industries to ensure Atlasian workers play a roll in these projects, right down to the last nail.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 12:19:11 AM »

I object to the amendment.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 12:30:14 AM »

This is a bill to create Atlasian jobs. Cheap steel imports from places like China have devastated workers’ incomes and have cost us far too many jobs in this country.

NAY.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 11:04:54 AM »

Personally, I reject the idea that the federal government should not be involved with school funding, one just needs to look at the current state of the situation. Schools are literally crumbling, and the majority of their funding is local, and said local funds are from property taxes; therefore it is the wealthiest communities that have the most to spend on improving their schools. This bill is a necessary step to uplift underserved communities and put our people to work in good paying jobs.

In addition, I take issue with, and reject the premise of the claim that “Government is not a bloated jobs program”. The appropriations in this bill are quite modest and within reason. On principle, I believe that government should not simply ignore underserved communities, and should take action to create jobs.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2021, 02:14:56 PM »

Unless there are any further amendments to be offered, I’d like to motion for a final vote.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2021, 07:34:02 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies