China to no longer build coal plants abroad
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:19:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  China to no longer build coal plants abroad
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: China to no longer build coal plants abroad  (Read 1428 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 22, 2021, 10:03:10 PM »

Stopped clock moment for Mr. Xi?
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 07:00:29 AM »

Obvious follow up question is - but what about in China?
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 04:48:59 PM »

Shouldn't have been doing it anyway
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 05:28:46 PM »

Reason number 547 why China is vastly superior to the US.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2021, 10:17:45 PM »

because they stopped doing a bad thing the US never did?

(or is this yet another really stupid argument pro-PRC/anti-US people use either because you're all stupid <my money is on this one> or because you assume the rest of us are as stupid as you?  I mean, I suppose it's possible that the US has made a bunch of overseas coal plants and that Google refuses to show me results showing that or maybe you think building coal plants is a good thing, until a week ago?  That doesn't make any sense, so it's probably that.)

And while we're at it, can I get (lets make it easy on you) 3 more ways the PRC is "vastly" superior to the US?  Three should be enough to get the rest of us laughing our socks off.
compucomp

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2021, 07:58:37 AM »

And while we're at it, can I get (lets make it easy on you) 3 more ways the PRC is "vastly" superior to the US?  Three should be enough to get the rest of us laughing our socks off.

This is too easy. Just from the last two years, China

• Never had Donald Trump as their President
  • Didn't have a coup attempt this year
  • Doesn't lead the world in COVID deaths
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2021, 11:42:42 AM »

I guess not engaging in a genocide against a minority group couldn’t be put on the list, huh?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2021, 11:45:04 AM »

because they stopped doing a bad thing the US never did?

(or is this yet another really stupid argument pro-PRC/anti-US people use either because you're all stupid <my money is on this one> or because you assume the rest of us are as stupid as you?  I mean, I suppose it's possible that the US has made a bunch of overseas coal plants and that Google refuses to show me results showing that or maybe you think building coal plants is a good thing, until a week ago?  That doesn't make any sense, so it's probably that.)

I mean there are plenty of places China does things better than us. Don’t be arrogant.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2021, 02:16:00 PM »

I can't tell if this is satire but... you do understand that China vastly outdoes us when it comes to emissions right? The PRC is the single worst country on the climate issue by far. They "produce" and consume more coal than any other nation by far, reaching a record high this year, and their coal is much dirtier than any other advanced economy. And coal is the single worst fossil fuel for the environment, even worse than diesel.

Now, China doesn't care and won't stop, because unfiltered coal is an extreme boon to industrial production. It's exactly how America and England industrialized as well. The difference is that China supports a population 12x larger and at a time when the climate issue has reached a critical junction "beyond the point of no return." So there's no excuse. The rapid industrialization of China was a mistake and the entire world will suffer the consequences.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2021, 09:01:44 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2021, 04:04:39 AM by Meclazine »

The Chinese are all over the world when it comes to resource development, so this story is a tiny fraction of their global resource grab.

China will not tell you the truth about what they have in stock for each element of the periodic table they collect. And they have a larger proportion of the periodic table than you would care to imagine.

Very interesting long term strategy for gathering minerals from all over the world. They don't have 4 year political cycles, so their planning of resource development from Africa is excellent, although grossly corrupt. But luckily for them, African governments are easily corrupted.

They are in trouble at the moment with coal prices as they banned Australian coal earlier this year. Now over the upcoming 2021-2022 winter, China will end up paying through the nose driving up global prices through increased demand and allowing Australia to broaden our market to other countries.

A lose-lose for China.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-06/china-turns-to-stranded-australian-coal-to-combat-power-crun/100518440

China just paid up to US$240 per tonne for our iron ore, so going 'full snot' on coal pricing is not going to amuse them one little bit.

Forget about the talk about processing. Step back and look at their resource acquisition strategy long term and you will see the behemoth they are building.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2021, 10:54:22 PM »

1.they are stuck with someone who is worse, but even if you disagree with that, Pooh is clearly not "vastly" better.
2.and they are a hundred times more likely to have a successful coup this year
3.are we "vastly" ahead of them?  How can we even know the answer to that question because of the PRC lies/coverups?

I'll also note that neither you nor F.Lurker touched the meat of my post, as per usual.
compucomp

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2021, 07:37:55 AM »

1.they are stuck with someone who is worse, but even if you disagree with that, Pooh is clearly not "vastly" better.
2.and they are a hundred times more likely to have a successful coup this year
3.are we "vastly" ahead of them?  How can we even know the answer to that question because of the PRC lies/coverups?

I'll also note that neither you nor F.Lurker touched the meat of my post, as per usual.

1. A dog, a cat, or an empty chair would be a vastly superior president to Donald Trump.
2. This is mindless anti-China hate, you're saying "No U" as a completely idle speculation with absolutely no basis in fact to deflect from your own shame at 1/6.
3. Why has China been able to live a 2019 lifestyle with just mask mandates and local lockdowns since June 2020, no social distancing/business/capacity restrictions? Insisting that China hid millions of deaths is yet another instance of mindless anti-China hate. The Chinese people are willing to do what's necessary to contain the virus, they're not constrained by misguided "freedoms" like the freedom to punch a waitress enforcing a vaccine mandate or shoot a department store employee enforcing a mask mandate.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2021, 08:13:26 AM »

1. A dog, a cat, or an empty chair would be a vastly superior president to Donald Trump.
2. This is mindless anti-China hate, you're saying "No U" as a completely idle speculation with absolutely no basis in fact to deflect from your own shame at 1/6.
3. Why has China been able to live a 2019 lifestyle with just mask mandates and local lockdowns since June 2020, no social distancing/business/capacity restrictions? Insisting that China hid millions of deaths is yet another instance of mindless anti-China hate. The Chinese people are willing to do what's necessary to contain the virus, they're not constrained by misguided "freedoms" like the freedom to punch a waitress enforcing a vaccine mandate or shoot a department store employee enforcing a mask mandate.

1.and they would all be an improvement over Pooh too
2.No U (also, I have no "shame" over 1/6)
3.<roll eyes>

Also, good job continuing to dodge the meat.
compucomp

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2021, 08:25:08 AM »

3.<roll eyes>

OK noted, you're a Trumpist and a mindless China hater. There's no need for anyone to take your opinions seriously.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2021, 12:15:48 PM »

3.<roll eyes>

OK noted, you're a Trumpist and a mindless China hater. There's no need for anyone to take your opinions seriously.

I have hated Trump since the 80s.  I'm anti-authoritarian, so it's easy to not like the PRC.  I have nothing against individual Chinese people.

If you're not going to address how the PRC stopping making coal plants abroad is proof they are vastly superior to the US, then I think we're done here.
compucomp

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2021, 12:27:26 PM »

3.<roll eyes>

I have hated Trump since the 80s.  I'm anti-authoritarian, so it's easy to not like the PRC.  I have nothing against individual Chinese people.

If you're not going to address how the PRC stopping making coal plants abroad is proof they are vastly superior to the US, then I think we're done here.

You asked for 3 ways for how China is superior to the US, I gave them to you, and in denying them you revealed your devotion to your godlike idol Trump and your mindless anti-China hate. Particularly ridiculous is how you say you have no shame over 1/6, which is only possible for a Trumpist, as it was arguably the most shameful episode in American history after the Civil War.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2021, 01:10:05 PM »

3.<roll eyes>

You asked for 3 ways for how China is superior to the US, I gave them to you, and in denying them you revealed your devotion to your godlike idol Trump and your mindless anti-China hate. Particularly ridiculous is how you say you have no shame over 1/6, which is only possible for a Trumpist, as it was arguably the most shameful episode in American history after the Civil War.

Fending off the 1/6 insurrection, pushing ahead with the inauguration of the rightful President, and trying the criminals responsible for the assault on the Capitol should be a source of pride for all Americans who don't support the insurrectionists.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2021, 01:46:09 PM »

I guess not engaging in a genocide against a minority group couldn’t be put on the list, huh?

Good thing America's never engaged in a genocide against a minority group.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2021, 03:29:26 PM »

Good thing America's never engaged in a genocide against a minority group.
Hey I’ve long made the comparison between China and the Uyghurs today with what the US did to Natives.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2021, 04:13:00 AM »
« Edited: October 07, 2021, 04:16:44 AM by dead0man »

Particularly ridiculous is how you say you have no shame over 1/6, which is only possible for a Trumpist, as it was arguably the most shameful episode in American history after the Civil War.

wait wait wait, freeing slaves is shameful to you?  That would explain your love for the PRC.
compucomp

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2021, 08:16:34 AM »

Particularly ridiculous is how you say you have no shame over 1/6, which is only possible for a Trumpist, as it was arguably the most shameful episode in American history after the Civil War.

wait wait wait, freeing slaves is shameful to you?  That would explain your love for the PRC.

No, the fact that half the country fought a war to defend the right to hold humans as slaves, that is deeply shameful. The fact that the war left a deep wound and divide in the country until at least World War 2, arguably not even healed today, also deeply shameful.

Germany after World War 2 was rid of the Nazis, but the war is still a deep shame upon the German people that persists to this day. We'll see how things proceed but 1/6 could leave that kind of shadow upon America.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2021, 09:01:37 AM »

Now you're comparing 1/6 to Nazis and WWII?
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2021, 09:17:52 AM »

It is maybe comparable to the 1981 attempted coup in Spain - though that is hardly a trivial matter given how it still casts a shadow on politics there four decades on.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2021, 01:19:05 PM »

It is maybe comparable to the 1981 attempted coup in Spain - though that is hardly a trivial matter given how it still casts a shadow on politics there four decades on.

Uh, while Francoism certainly still casts a shadow on politics, the 1981 coup doesn't really do that (other than a few people claiming it was a self-coup to reinforce the monarchy).

My go-to comparison would actually be the events in autumn of 2017 in Catalonia, which were compared to a coup by some, the crime is nominally the same as 1/6 (sedition) and what not. And even that is a bit of a flawed comparison as Puigdemont & co. had bigger role directing those events than Trump did organizing the Capitol riot.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2021, 06:52:27 AM »

Winnie the Pooh is turning inward and is trying to isolate his people. Why would you defend him??? I can see that Canada has better health care for instance, but China isn’t a country to emulate at all.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies