The Dismissal: An interactive Australian election series (main thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:32:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  The Dismissal: An interactive Australian election series (main thread)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Dismissal: An interactive Australian election series (main thread)  (Read 71 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 20, 2021, 06:30:51 PM »

The Senate chamber at Old Parliament House, where all the trouble started
[credit: Wikimedia Commons]

Prime Ministers of Australia

Gough Whitlam (Australian Labor Party):December 5, 1972-11 November 1975
Malcolm Fraser (Liberal Party of Australia):11 November 1975-present

The Dismissal: An interactive Australian election series

The dismissal of Australian Prime Minister Gough Whitlam in 1975 brought an end to Australia's greatest constitutional crisis in history. Following an extended period of supply being blocked by the Senate, Whitlam went to Governor-General Sir John Kerr to ask for a double dissolution to resolve the deadlock. Kerr instead sacked Whitlam and appointed Malcolm Fraser, Leader of the Liberal Party as Prime Minister. Fraser then promptly requested and got a double dissolution.

This is where we pick up, the 1975 Australian federal election. Both leaders are walking a tightrope as Australia enters a changing world. This is your chance to influence the path of the nation.

Hi people! So when i took on my last project, that being the one based on The New Order, I realised just how big a project that would end up being. In the end, i have decided to start something I hope will be a bit more manageable; an interactive timeline beginning during the 1975 Australian federal election, and hopefully continuing to the 2001 election.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies