Growing Hostility towards Gamers on Atlas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:52:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Growing Hostility towards Gamers on Atlas
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Growing Hostility towards Gamers on Atlas  (Read 207 times)
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 20, 2021, 12:18:12 PM »

In recent weeks, I've noticed a lot of hostility towards gaming on this forum.  While most of these posts haven't necessarily been reportable individually, they are currently collectively making it very difficult for gamers to post candidly and boldly about our K:D ratios.

In particular, recently, the belief that the kid who stole my kill on Fortnite is a smelly penisface has been roundly mocked on this forum in recent weeks.  For Gamers who take Minecraft: The Complete Handbook Collection as the literal and inerrant Word of God, that is a central belief that informs how we interact with the world- because we love gaming and want everyone to have epic and poggers Saturday nights.

I have also seen mischaracterizations about gamer's views on sexuality, suggesting that they are hateful, rather than a commandment from God that applies to all people who steal my kills- including heterosexuals- when I'm playing Xbox Live.  I try to share slurs as hatefully as I know how (on both of the issues referenced in this post).  I fully acknowledge that I'm certainly not perfect at that, though.

The hostility of many on this forum to gaming would never fly if similar comments were said about literally any other hobby.  And, before you say that it's because we are "privileged", I would push back on that.  Gamers see very little representation in non-Japanese entertainment, for example (and, when we are represented, it's usually a cartoonish portrayal).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies