Growing Hostility towards Evangelical Christians on Atlas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:18:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Growing Hostility towards Evangelical Christians on Atlas (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Growing Hostility towards Evangelical Christians on Atlas  (Read 6298 times)
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« on: September 19, 2021, 09:13:46 PM »

I've noticed a lot of hostility towards evangelical Christianity on this forum.

Just stopping right there, has this not been the case for pretty much as long as this forum has existed?
I very strongly empathize with you but I'd imagine you'd have stopped being ruffled by a mean word or two a long time ago, assuming you travel to other parts of the internet as well.
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 09:46:11 PM »

White men from suburbia? That describes 95% of the people here

I was obviously referring to evangelicals in suburbia, the third most oppressed group after gamers and Nikki Haley haters fans.

FTFY

Nikki Haley haters unite  Sunglasses
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 02:23:53 PM »

In particular, recently, the belief that Christianity is the only path to Salvation has been roundly mocked on this forum in recent weeks.

It's a terribly sh*tty thing to believe, given the low % of humanity that are Christian, and absolutely affects the worldview of people who believe it, and how they look at current events and history.

It would be one thing if Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Catholics, etc., all believed something like that that and it was just a normal aspect of religion and the human experience, but that's just not the case - it's not literally unheard of, but it's pretty rare outside of Evangelical Christians.

The belief that one's own religion is the sole path to salvation is exceedingly common.
It is not at all unique to evangelical Protestantism

In fact, a majority (or close to one) of the world population probably would say that about their belief system.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies