Growing Hostility towards Evangelical Christians on Atlas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:41:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Growing Hostility towards Evangelical Christians on Atlas (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Growing Hostility towards Evangelical Christians on Atlas  (Read 6301 times)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« on: September 19, 2021, 09:39:41 PM »

I have been on this forum for one year and three months and the hostility towards Evangelical Christians I have noticed in recent weeks is not really anomalous compared to all the rest of my time here. While I dislike said hostility, I am not sure this post - which honestly sounds like you have a short memory - helps your case.

On another note, I cannot look at your "belief that Christianity is the only path to Salvation" without getting reminded of your history of equivocating as to whether Catholics - like myself - are Christian.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 10:56:30 PM »

I have been on this forum for one year and three months and the hostility towards Evangelical Christians I have noticed in recent weeks is not really anomalous compared to all the rest of my time here. While I dislike said hostility, I am not sure this post - which honestly sounds like you have a short memory - helps your case.

On another note, I cannot look at your "belief that Christianity is the only path to Salvation" without getting reminded of your history of equivocating as to whether Catholics - like myself - are Christian.
The answer is yes.

But the problem is that Jesus is clouded by all that other stuff in the church, a lot of which is actively harmful. Like how many LGBT people have been turned off to Christ by being raised Catholic? It's like if you're packing for a flight in a hurry but you don't need to carry a lot...but you pack a ton anyway, making it possible to overlook and more difficult to find the important thing you're trying to pack. Or as I heard one pastor put it "Catholicism is Jesus + works, we believe in Jesus + nothing."

Oh dear...

I don't even want to enter the (very silly) theological discussion here. Let me just say that my question was directed to ExtremeRepublican, that you are a pretty different kind of Evangelical Christian from him so you cannot remotely answer for him, and that your entrance here is completely bizarre and tangential to the matter at hand.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2021, 11:32:57 PM »

The bizarre mindset on this forum though is that it only should for the conservative Protestant sects. That it's totally finally for people from conservative Protestantism to convert to liberal Protestantism, but it's never OK for Catholics to convert to any type of Protestant because "that's not how things are supposed to work" or whatever but it is OK for them to become atheist, so basically the mindset is people raised Protestant can be whatever they want but people raised Catholic have only a binary choice of Catholic or nothing. It's a truly perplexing mindset that I can not understand in the slightest.

This supposed mindset only exists in your mind lmao. I have never seen anything like that on the forum, let alone enough times to consider it a collective "mindset". Why you would come up with such strange ideas, of course, is a truly perplexing thing that I can not understand in the slightest.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 01:47:10 PM »

I’ve seen a few posts like Torie’s and Xing’s that were good-faith responses, but like 80% of the responses here (to say nothing of the obnoxious troll threads that are now clogging the arteries of this board) are really proving the OP’s point far better than OP ever could.

In fairness like half of the responses here are BRTD shifting the conversation to topics that are only tangentially related and making inane statements about said topics. I don't think this thread was really needed to prove that hostility towards Evangelical Christians exists on the forum - the general conduct has certainly not been unexpected.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies