Political Future of Betty Yee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:23:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Political Future of Betty Yee
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Political Future of Betty Yee  (Read 476 times)
MargieCat
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 19, 2021, 04:15:44 PM »

Yee and Padilla were the only term limited California state officeholders up in 2022, I believe.

With Padilla appointed to the senate, where does that leave Yee?

I doubt she primaries any of the other state officeholders.

Does she wait for 2026 to run again? Does she launch a senate campaign for 2024 to replace Feinstein? Does she find a house seat (maybe she can replace Pelosi)? Or is she done with politics?
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 04:30:54 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2021, 04:54:44 PM by Heebie Jeebie »

My guess is she's done with electoral politics.  She's going to be 64 next year--too old to be a reasonable candidate for Congress.  I suppose she could run for Secretary of State if Shirley Weber retires.

Also, I think Rob Bonta, or maybe Raul Ruiz, is the most obvious replacement for Feinstein.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 08:11:17 PM »

My guess is she's done with electoral politics.  She's going to be 64 next year--too old to be a reasonable candidate for Congress.  I suppose she could run for Secretary of State if Shirley Weber retires.

Also, I think Rob Bonta, or maybe Raul Ruiz, is the most obvious replacement for Feinstein.
Have you ever heard of Chuck Grassley?
tosk

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -2.96

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 08:15:00 PM »

If I were on her team I'd just spend the next four years building up a state apparatus to run for governor. don't see much of a drawback in being out of office for a bit, might even boost her standing among more moderate voters. The candidate "coming out of retirement to clean things up in sac" etc

of course, maybe she's just done. no shame in that.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 08:37:56 PM »

The guy who entered Congress when he was 42?
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2021, 08:43:31 PM »

The guy who entered Congress when he was 42?
I mean you’re correct, I was just trying to be funny.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2021, 11:11:24 PM »

Yee might be a candidate for Feinstein's Senate seat, but I can't think of what other office she could run for.

Maybe Mayor of San Francisco if London Breed is successfully elected to replace Pelosi or statewide, or maybe she runs to succeed Pelosi, but both those scenarios are unlikely.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies