Rail and Airlines Bill [withdrawn]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:29:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Rail and Airlines Bill [withdrawn]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rail and Airlines Bill [withdrawn]  (Read 2922 times)
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2006, 07:23:24 PM »

Nobody has done this in awhile, don't know how hte procedure is anymore or when it happens but:

I motion to table this bill. (The American version of table Hawk. Smiley)

Can this actually be done? If it can, so be it. If not, I'll withdraw it if it's the President's wish that I do so

Where is the harm in the Senate considering it? The President's legislation ought to be considered, all. It's a matter of principle

'Hawk'

Why waste time of discussions of a bill we all oppose?  Would you introduce a bill callinmg for the murder of all babies? I would hope not, sicne I am very sure you don't support it.  It will bbe discussed if someone wants to.  Forcing a discussion no one wants is fruitless and annoying.

I shouldn't have to force a discussion on the President's legislation. The fact of the matter is that it should be discussed, as, indeed, all of his legislation should be unless it's blatantly unconstitutional

It might of escaped your notice but the President is democratically-elected. He has every right to propose a legislative agenda and as you are fully aware he himself is unable to sponsor legislation; therefore, he relies on senators to do so, it is then for the Senate to decide whether or not to pass it

However, since the President has given me notice that I may withdraw this Bill, I'm more than happy to do so; and, thus, it is hereby withdrawn

'Hawk'

It is also a senator's role to only introduce legislation he believes in and can fight for. 
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2006, 07:34:45 PM »

It is also a senator's role to only introduce legislation he believes in and can fight for. 

Furthermore, as a senator, it is my intention to jolly well introduce legislation on behalf of my constituents and, at that particular time, the President was one of my constituents. If I think its in Atlasia's, or my District's, best interests, I'll support it, if I think it needs refining, I'll propose amendments to it, and if I don't think it in Atlasia's, or my District's, best interests, I won't support it. They are aware of that

I've made my case and it stands

'Hawk'
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2006, 07:43:20 PM »

Well, Senator JCar, I introduced the Atlasia Revitalization Act for my constituant TD... Now, I didn't overwhelmingly support it, but I did voice why I would vote for it, and I see Senator Hawk's point that it is a Senator's duty to introduce legislation of constituants...

My only arguement was that the Senate seemed to overwhelmingly against it... I didn't think there was a need for further debate, and I moved for a vote... I never saw any Senate regulation that disallowed the motion I made, unless I overlooked something, in which case, it happens, and it was perfectly fine to point out my error.

But considering this legislation is withdrawn, it doesn't matter in the slightest.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2006, 07:47:56 PM »

And while we're on the subject, yet another thing has crossed my mind

Although I might be predisposed to opposing some of the legislation, which I sponsor on behalf of others, it doesn't mean to say that I will oppose it. That depends on the arguments submitted by the person who authored it and others, who might wish to speak in its defense

'Hawk'
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies