2021 Canadian general election - Election Day and Results (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:36:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2021 Canadian general election - Election Day and Results (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2021 Canadian general election - Election Day and Results  (Read 60590 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: September 20, 2021, 12:27:03 PM »

Great. Another of those rogue Native "governments", who are in fact a cover for weapon and drugs smuggling.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 01:15:32 PM »

There is an huge spike of gun violence in Montreal caused by guns smuggled from the Awkwasne reservation on the Quebec/Ontario/New York State border and it is a known zone of outlawness.

Native self-government and auto-determination cannot serve as cover and/or puppets for international crime rings.

As you can read in the article, they are literaly blocking their own members from voting, which is totally illegal and outrageous.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 01:19:07 PM »

I will also add that the HCCC isn't the government of that community, it is a self-proclamed hereditary organisation, with 0 democratic oversight from the community.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 02:48:53 PM »

Anyone been to a polling station today? Will be skewed by postal voting, but preliminary insights on turnout?

Going after work, in less than an hour, but I cannot compare as I moved since 2019.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 03:07:52 PM »

I don't understand why, especially during a pandemic, there are reductions of polling places. It doesn't make sense.

Provinces banned them from using schools, for public health reasons.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 05:25:35 PM »

Anyone been to a polling station today? Will be skewed by postal voting, but preliminary insights on turnout?

Heavier than expected, age profile was also younger than expected given my neighbourhood.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 07:54:02 PM »

why does CPC have 34 seats with leads ? I thought there was only 1 Quebec riding in the Atlantic time zone ?

Their just saying now. Some provinces have the in-person data backlogged into the system and they accidently released then retracted. They arn't telling where cause security of the vote.

From the website, it was Brampton East.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 07:58:38 PM »

Does St. John's East have a high proportion of absentee votes? Wondering why they're barely half reported while every other Newfoundland riding is over 2/3rds in.

Urban seats have less voting sections, but they are more populated.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2021, 08:01:17 PM »

NDP performance once again reinforcing my hot take on here that DemSoc is dying on the global scale despite it getting more popular against the axis on YouTube, Twitter, and Twitch.

These kids just don't know how to actually run a campaign and VOTE.

There is barely any kids left in Atlantic provinces, through. It's a very aged and left behind place.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2021, 08:11:14 PM »

Malpeque Liberal hold.

Only three seats remain undecided in N&L/PEI/NS: St. John's East, where Liberals currently narrowly lead the NDP (would be a gain); Halifax, where Liberals are holding off the NDP; and Sydney-Victoria, where the Tories are narrowly leading the Liberals (would be a gain). Only St. John's East looks actually too close to call; the other two should probably have checkmarks soon.

Still a decent amount left in New Brunswick, though. And the rest of Canada, of course.

I'm confused why you think Sydney-Victoria, with a 200 vote lead for the Conservative, and without the Liberal leading postal vote counted (only tomorrow) should be called soon.

Also, the Globe and Mail is calling seats way too early. Some of their calls will be wrong.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2021, 08:18:20 PM »

Big vote dump in Sydney-Victoria, LPC now in the lead. Was that the mail in vote and can the CPC come back?

It cannot be the mail-in vote as it will only be counted tomorrow (after verifying they only voted once).
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2021, 08:18:42 PM »

South Shore-St. Margarets called for Tories. That's a flip.

That's the Fisheries minister out.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2021, 08:22:42 PM »

I know it’s dangerous to judge based off Atlantic Canada but… based on that. Woof

Conservative plurality and days of negotiations it is

4 gains (and 2 Liberal gains over NDP and Green) in Atlantic is not enough for them to pass Liberals in seats. They would need 6 to 8.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2021, 08:26:38 PM »

BQ back in the lead in Gaspesie-Iles de la Madeleine, and Tories take their first lead in Miramichi-Grand Lake.

Globe and Mail calls Liberal holds in Saint John and Sydney-Victoria. CBC is being much more cautious.

And Liberals back again in the lead in Gaspésie--Îles-de-la-Madeleine
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2021, 08:46:29 PM »

That Gatineau result with Green leading has to be an error lol.

Even crazier is some random minor party is in second place. Odd precinct perhaps?

Probably an error, but that random minor party actually put up signs with a picture of the candidate in my riding (unlike the PPC, who did nothing). I would not be surprised to see them outpolling the PPC in rural Quebec.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2021, 08:51:08 PM »

Returning to the Atlantics for a bit, Globe & Mail calls Miramichi-Grand Lake as a Conservative gain from the Liberals. Atwin is leading in Fredericton again, though.

Calling a seat with a 350 votes lead and only 1/3 counted? They are out of their minds.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2021, 09:19:08 PM »

Anyone know what's happening in Milton, where the Tory deputy unexpectedly got crushed last election? Is that a highly educated seat, why was the Liberal trend so strong there?

Heavily growing suburbs, that's quite Asian and Muslim, but also wealthy.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2021, 10:52:02 PM »

Why don't they call COB-CND riding for Small yet? Only 1 poll is still not reporting and Small holds a 2% lead.

Abundance of caution, perhaps? CBC has been among the most cautious with calls after all.

The missing poll is the postal votes.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2021, 11:37:37 PM »

What a grand waste of everyone's time and money Justin.

Not true, Ruth Ellen is leading in Berthier—Maskinongé

195/274 precincts

REB 36%
BQ’s candidate 33%
Margin: 900 votes

So far, she’s still leading 🧡

REB's lead is now down to 238 votes with 231/274 precincts reporting. Sad

It’s down to 42 votes now with 262/274 reporting. It had been up and then it went down as I typed it and had to erase.

Apparently some sites are calling it for her cause of the mail vote.

There is only 1000 to 1300 mail votes there.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2021, 12:24:51 AM »

Ouch

Matt Green? That racist toad?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2021, 09:32:44 AM »

Why is the Bloc so uncompetitive in Montreal proper? I know a lot of the ridings there are English speaking, but it seems odd they cant win more than a single riding there.

Their base is old white Francophones.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2021, 11:15:38 AM »

Any reason why CBC still has Coat of Bays uncalled? Only a 600 vote deficit and is traditionally a working-class Liberal stronghold, however Tories have been leading since poll close there. They must believe the outstanding absentee vote is even more red than the national.

What's left is the postal vote, which polls said the Conservatives will be a distant 3rd in.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2021, 11:57:10 AM »

Any reason why CBC still has Coat of Bays uncalled? Only a 600 vote deficit and is traditionally a working-class Liberal stronghold, however Tories have been leading since poll close there. They must believe the outstanding absentee vote is even more red than the national.

What's left is the postal vote, which polls said the Conservatives will be a distant 3rd in.

Understood, I was confused because unlike the American general last fall there doesn't seem to be any resource showing how much outstanding postal vote is left for each riding. mMybe it's my own stupidity but I can't find where on the EC website it shows the outstanding postal ballots.

This is the only source I could find and it's showing 2.4k ballots outstanding in COB, which obviously means the riding is still in play.

https://www.elections.ca/content2.aspx?section=vote&dir=app/vbm&document=index&lang=e

It's in a CSV (excel) file there.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2021, 05:08:27 PM »

Here is the page listing progress of the postal count:
https://www.elections.ca/enr/help/help_sta_e.htm
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2021, 07:54:12 AM »

Another reminder that Matthew Green has refused to condemn a professor (Amir Attaran) who called Quebec white supremacist.

He is ultra-woke and see everything through racial lens. Great pick if you want to lose both Quebec and Northern Ontario.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies