UT-Tyler poll McCounghey leads Abbott by 9
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:47:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  UT-Tyler poll McCounghey leads Abbott by 9
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: UT-Tyler poll McCounghey leads Abbott by 9  (Read 1084 times)
Cyrusman
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2021, 06:30:31 PM »

At this point whatever O'Rourke said about guns is irrelevant since the votes he needs aren't AR-15 fanatics and gun control will not be on the front burner. What will matter next year is Abbott's response to COVID, the abortion bill and the power grid failure. You also have to factor in that Abbott is seeking a third full term and that can be a hard sell with declining approvals.

You can’t say that Beto’s comments are irrelevant then bring out the power grid situation. That will be long history by November 2022 as well. That will not be an issue by then and long forgotten about. Last year there were awful consistent power outages in California during the summer with some areas not having power for 1-2 days and that was competent irrelevant in the California election.

Um, the power grid situation was a real issue for millions of people and there still haven't been any real steps to correct the problem. But whatever you want to believe, I have no desire to argue with folks like you.
Sure and that will be nearly 2 years old by November 2022. It will have just as much effect as the California power outages in the summer of 2020 did for Newsom
And your clearly  showing bias if you don’t think for a minute Beto’s comments won’t hurt him.

Comments and actual events are two different things. Next year is very unlikely to be about gun control and any Democrat running statewide in Texas is going to run on an easy issue like the power grid. It's something that you can remind voters of that will actually stick.

California's power outages were blamed on the power companies by most people. Texas' massive power failure was the result of deregulation.

But God Bless You.

God bless you if you don’t think someone as far left as Beto is with his previous comments (which by the way is very easy to remind voters of) won’t have any affect or negativity in a state like Texas.

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2021, 06:44:17 PM »

At this point whatever O'Rourke said about guns is irrelevant since the votes he needs aren't AR-15 fanatics and gun control will not be on the front burner. What will matter next year is Abbott's response to COVID, the abortion bill and the power grid failure. You also have to factor in that Abbott is seeking a third full term and that can be a hard sell with declining approvals.

You can’t say that Beto’s comments are irrelevant then bring out the power grid situation. That will be long history by November 2022 as well. That will not be an issue by then and long forgotten about. Last year there were awful consistent power outages in California during the summer with some areas not having power for 1-2 days and that was competent irrelevant in the California election.

Um, the power grid situation was a real issue for millions of people and there still haven't been any real steps to correct the problem. But whatever you want to believe, I have no desire to argue with folks like you.

The Border crisis is out of control and Biden let illegals come in not enforcing the wall, so it's not a one issue campaign that's why DeSantis is leading too

Immigration reform isn't gonna get passed and we don't know about VR and without those two issues, the R gerrymandering is gonna be tough to crack in TX and FL.
We don't need TX and FL to win the Prez and DeSantis got a bump from Surfside

We are gonna keep our H seats but the two new districts are Safe R

Why are you replying to me with your incoherent nonsense?

It's the TRUTH DEAL WITH IT

Somebody save this for posterity, please.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2021, 09:30:14 AM »

The Border crisis is out of control and Biden let illegals come in not enforcing the wall, so it's not a one issue campaign that's why DeSantis is leading too

Immigration reform isn't gonna get passed and we don't know about VR and without those two issues, the R gerrymandering is gonna be tough to crack in TX and FL.
We don't need TX and FL to win the Prez and DeSantis got a bump from Surfside

We are gonna keep our H seats but the two new districts are Safe R

Why are you replying to me with your incoherent nonsense?

It's the TRUTH DEAL WITH IT

Wow, all caps. Someone is angry.

you need to 🛑 playing
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2021, 11:10:46 AM »
« Edited: September 22, 2021, 11:17:47 AM by MT Treasurer »

I don’t think Abbott is in this much danger of losing in 2022 (any McCounghey [ i ] vs. Abott [ r ] race would be framed as a D vs. R contest), but it’s true that people have been exaggerating his and DeSantis's crossover appeal. I don’t think either Republican will perform much better than generic R or win over a large percentage of Biden voters.

Abbott winning by a Trump 2020 margin is probably more likely than a double-digit win, especially with the D base this engaged and no signs of some serious pro-GOP reversion of the D-trending metros in sight. I absolutely don’t see him winning by more than Reynolds, for instance.

When all is said and done, I expect Abbott +8 or so.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2021, 11:12:26 AM »
« Edited: September 22, 2021, 11:15:28 AM by Mr. Kanye West »

I don’t think Abbott is in this much danger of losing in 2022 (any McCounghey vs. Abott [R] race would be framed as a D vs. R contest), but it’s true that people have been exaggerating his and DeSantis's crossover appeal. I don’t think either Republican will perform much better than generic R or win over a large percentage of Biden voters.

Abbott winning by a Trump 2020 margin is more likely than a double-digit win, especially with the D base this engaged and no signs of serious pro-GOP reversion of the D-trending metros. I absolutely don’t see him winning by more than Reynolds, for instance.

Blue waves happen in the same yr of ELECTION not in the yr before, we have 14 mnths and I wouldn't underestimste Crist or Beto, with 40% Latinos in the state just like you Rs lost AZ which is 40% since McCain died

WE WERE ONLY EXPECTED TO GAIN 10 SEATS IN H in 2017

Beto and Crist and Demings are underdogs but remember we didn't win 33H seats in 2017/ we won them in Aug/Sept Oct 2o18
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies