Scott/Battista Minola October '21: A New Great Society (Victory!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:38:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Scott/Battista Minola October '21: A New Great Society (Victory!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Scott/Battista Minola October '21: A New Great Society (Victory!)  (Read 5732 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2021, 09:39:36 PM »

Public Statement - on the Replacement of GM Peanut

I commend the President for hearing those, of many parties, who desire a new direction for the GM Department. I very much look forward to the coming days, as new potential applicants (and I can name a few, off the top of my head!) submit their resumes, so that the President may appoint a new and qualified individual to pick up on where we left off. These issues are pertinent to the very nature of our game and I will expect the absolute best out of any new Game Moderator, regardless of who the nominee will be. I will play an active role in the confirmation hearing to ensure that the new GM be someone who can promise us more consistency and predictability in our precarious situation, and the challenges that face us abroad.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2021, 11:10:49 PM »

Another entertaining night on Discord, I see... from multiple people.

Anyway, this isn't really worth making an official statement about, but I am pleased that the people of Lincoln have voted to remain in our union. From here, we shall move forward as one nation, and with Lincoln's help, make our country better for all its people. Better days lie ahead!
Politics Fan

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2021, 11:34:36 PM »

What approach would you take as President wrt to the unvaccinated population that refuses to get vaccinated for COVID-19? What lessons do you take from the pandemic and the response we saw in both atlasia/around the world and in RL?

I won’t get you to comment much on some of the on going controversies in atlasia but ultimately is there a line where a persons character or actions would cause you to not support someone you otherwise would for elected office in atlasia? If so where would that line be?

In what  major ways if any would a Scott administration differ from a Sev administration? This could be anything from policy to style?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2021, 12:05:37 AM »

What approach would you take as President wrt to the unvaccinated population that refuses to get vaccinated for COVID-19? What lessons do you take from the pandemic and the response we saw in both atlasia/around the world and in RL?

I won’t get you to comment much on some of the on going controversies in atlasia but ultimately is there a line where a persons character or actions would cause you to not support someone you otherwise would for elected office in atlasia? If so where would that line be?

In what  major ways if any would a Scott administration differ from a Sev administration? This could be anything from policy to style?

Thank you for your questions.

First, I am actually the author of a vaccination policy that even my opponent would tell you is stronger than what the OTL United States has. I shepherded a bill that requires immunization against COVID-19 as not only a condition of employment for the public and (most of) the private sector, but as a condition for entry into our borders for both Atlasians currently living abroad as well as prospective immigrants and refugees. This was, relative to other bills the Senate passed recently, a close vote, and sadly one that Federalist senators unanimously opposed. While I am normally someone who is in favor of bodily autonomy, I saw this as an opportunity to stop the outbreaks, as well as reduce the necessity for other burdensome mandates which restrict our freedom. (As someone who's had to wear a mask in 80-something degree weather in my RL state of Virginia, I can tell you it ain't fun!) So when we have a new GM, I will expect new numbers which will hopefully reflect on COVID prevention efforts such as this bill, and others passed under Labor leadership early in the pandemic.

In answer to your second question, I've never been afraid to speak against members of my own party on areas where I disagreed with the party consensus. And I would actively campaign against any Labor candidate if I believed their conduct was undermining the foundation of the game. That includes attacks on mental health, and that includes doxxing other players. I regret to say that certain individuals on the other side have taken a lukewarm approach to this problem at best, and I am concerned that much of the Federalist Party has become something of a personality cult for one individual, who himself is guilty of those very things

And, hey, I'll even use this opportunity to say that I'm no saint either! I've had my share of brawls with people in this game, most of whom I've gotten to be on good terms with since then. At the end of the day, Atlasia is a game. It benefits nobody to resort to those types of attacks to try to win an election.

Finally, before I answer your last question I would like to say that President Sev is a good and decent man. Unforeseen personal events have caused his administration to run a bit slower than I think we would like, but I intend on staying fully engaged with the Congress, and working closely with our State Department and National Security Council to address foreign policy issues, which have sadly been neglected for a long time. The President's selection of a new Game Moderator is important as well, and if elected, I will ensure that the new GM remains committed to activity and consistency.

As far as policy goes, I would have to say that our approach to gun control differs in certain aspects. While the President prefers a more restrictive approach to the types of guns that are sold, I favor a lighter approach, while also keeping guns out of the hands of domestic abusers, criminals, and terrorists, while respecting an individual's due process rights as guaranteed by our Constitution.
Politics Fan

« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2021, 12:32:52 AM »

Senator thank you very much for your detailed reply. I must say I’m very impressed with your candidacy in particular your position on the Covid vaccine. I’m glad to see such deceive action has been taken to ensure everyone will be vaccinated and a hopeful quick end of the pandemic can be reached.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2021, 11:28:33 AM »

On Immigration

Yuma, Arizona1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on scottforatlasia website

Well, it's great to be back here with my constituents, in the glorious Commonwealth of Frémont!

You know, immigration is an issue that is personal to many. Sadly, in real-life discourse, it has been used almost as a weapon - not just in the OTL United States, but in Europe and abroad. Immigration affects prospective migrants just as it affects people here at home.

What we need is a sensible immigration policy that treats good people who want to build a livelihood in this country reasonably, while also hearing those with good-faith concerns about how immigration affects their own bargaining powers in the labor market. We need to be realistic, we need to enforce our laws, and we also need to recognize the humanity in those people who do want better opportunities in this great land of ours.

Battista and I are promising you moral leadership. Our faith informs us both to welcome the stranger, not lock them under inhumane conditions and separate families. Not to leave these kids vulnerable to disease or sexual exploitation. A certain real-life president of the United States showed us exactly how not handle immigration policy or enforce our laws. Cruelty is never, ever the answer.

As a senator, I defended attempts to weaken our immigration system, which currently is modeled on my good friend Siren's Come Out of the Shadows Act. This is a sensible policy that provides a pathway to citizenship for the undocumented, as well as addressing the root causes of illegal immigration by expanding our visa system.

I think we ought to go further, and see to it that the countries where many of these families come from are able to find similar opportunities in their home countries.

That way, illegal border-crossings will be a thing of the past. We will work with our neighbors to the South to fight drug and sex traffickers. We will take a human approach to immigration policy by upholding the law that I had the opportunity to defend on Siren's behalf.

And it is thanks to Siren and her law that illegal border-crossing is a much less contentious issue than it is OTL. And I would like to keep it that way. Atlasia will continue to lead as the most generous, most welcoming country in the world. And that need not, and it will not, compromise the economic well-being of our natural-born citizens and immigrants who came to our country legally.

This is one issue where I unequivocally favor the status quo. We're improving our relations with countries in the Caribbean and in South and Latin America. We're going to unite Atlasia, itself a country of immigrants, rather than pit groups of people against each other as we have seen time and time again.

Thank you for having me today, Yuma. I want to say that I enjoyed my debate with Senators Spark and Cao, and I anticipate our third debate heading into the election in just weeks from now!

Dave bless you, Atlasia, and Dave bless all those who make it great.

1. https://www.kayak.com/Yuma-Hotels.3646.hotel.ksp
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2021, 11:04:26 AM »

Statement on Councils and Cabinet Positions

This is frankly not something I should bother commenting on, but it has become an issue so I am going to make my position abundantly clear.

New special councils and cabinet positions do not increase activity. I know this because I attempted them twice as Northeast Governor and First Minister. The cabinet-holders become inactive and the positions are usually dissolved within two months.

Yes, I am against a climate council. No, I do not believe it is possible or worthwhile to investigate "preventing natural disasters". The issue of climate change requires international cooperation. But unless Senator Spark has a giant fan he'd use to turn tornadoes away from the coast, none of his solutions will change anything. The lack of funding and initiative in his ineffectual climate bills is proof of this.

Whether it's me, Spark, Cao, Peebs, or whoever wins this month, I wish to only continue the National Security Council - which exists specifically because much of what is discussed there is confidential. It is the Senate's job to fix these problems. I am firmly environmentalist and Spark's proposals accomplish nothing.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2021, 03:22:34 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 03:26:10 PM by Senator Scott, PPT🎃 »

On Protecting the Right to Bear Arms

Anchorage, Alaska1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on scottforatlasia website

Hello, Anchorage!

Well folks, today is the day I can officially say I've made campaign stops in all six subregions of Atlasia! And I will also say that I do hope there are more to come. The polls have us up big, sometimes having us 30+ points ahead of our main opponents, Senators Spark and Joseph Cao. Regardless of what these polls might say, I'm running like I'm 30 points behind. The people deserve to be listened to, and the people deserve to hear from their candidates.

But for all the ridiculous jabs at Labor for inactivity, and the unfounded presumption that I will continue the status quo, I continue to run as my own candidate, with my own convictions. I understand that some of these are not popular within my party. But the ideas we've seen so far from Senator Spark, I believe, will not actually solve the malaise that plagues our country. And Senator Cao has been almost completely absent from the campaign trail.

With respect to both these gentlemen, I do not believe they are the answer to solving our country's inactivity problem. Spark, in particular, is proposing massive new committees and cabinet positions that are simply untenable. They will not be filled, and those who are appointed will inevitably go inactive or resign due to lack of interest. I repeat: it is the Senate's job to solve the issues facing us today, from climate change to space-age development.

But now, on to the issue at hand.

As I indicated at our last debate, I do support full repeal of the "assault weapons" ban. I also believe in keeping the guns out of the hands of violent domestic offenders and terrorists. And while I do not believe that people on the no-fly list should be legally allowed to own a firearm, I also believe that due process must be respected and that the no-fly list must be reevaluated. Citizens have the right to know if they are suspected terrorists, and they are entitled to challenge their placement on that list, which often includes people no sane person would ever consider a terrorist, such as the late RL Senator Ted Kennedy.

That being said, the semiautomatic rifles that some want to ban are the same ones that hunters, such as those here in Alaska, use to hunt feral pigs, goats, antelope jackrabbits, elk, very dangerous coyotes, deer, and spotted seal. This was explained to be by one Alaska resident - 41-year-old Robin Jackson - who is nominally an outspoken Federalist supporter and gun rights activist who is also backing my campaign.

Let me be very clear: I support full repeal of the assault weapons ban, but I also support similar legislation such as that which the President vetoed. I am willing to work with Congress on this issue, to protect hunters' rights as well as the rights of law-abiding citizens.

My position on this issue has never changed. Senator Spark has called me "irresponsible" for wanting to defend our Constitutional rights, but he also is simply not someone interested in dissenting views. And I can also state here, unequivocally, that he is uniquely unqualified to be our next Commander-in-Chief.

If you want a full-time president, support our campaign. Even if you don't agree with my positions on gun control - and reasonable people do - I implore you to support this campaign, for a more active Atlasia that builds on the progress we've made in this "New Great Society" era that Labor so proudly supports and will continue to defend.

Dave bless you, Alaska, and thank you for having me today!

1. https://www.wanderlust.co.uk/content/first-24-hours-in-anchorage-alaska/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2021, 06:58:23 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 08:01:18 PM by Senator Scott, PPT🎃 »

On Ethics and Consistency

Seattle, Washington1

How are doing tonight, Seattle?!

Yes!!! Yes, I feel the energy right now! And I know that great cities like Seattle are what will bring us to victory in two weeks!

Folks, we've heard a lot of empty platitudes from the opposition lately. We have also heard desperate lies and deceit against what I intend to bring to the Atlasian people. The Federalist's leading candidate in this race has run a 'minimalist' campaign. And that same Federalist's opponent has offered us nothing but lies and vague platitudes that will neither unify our country, nor spur activity.

Since Senator Spark persists in keeping these promises, I will tell you all this, and I will tell you all unequivocally, that more cabinets and committees do not promote activity on their own. Once again, I tried this approach twice in my political career, once as Northeast Governor and once as Frémont First Minister. Both times, they failed. These made-up cabinet positions went inactive. They were seldom called upon. And we simply could not find people who were willing to be consistent in those jobs.

Once again, one of my opponents promises you tried, and failed, approaches to governance. My other main opponent has simply not been present on the campaign trail. And while I respect that real-life priorities must take precedence over those here in Atlasia, I also believe that full-time leadership is more needed than ever to fix the culture of malaise in our country and restore confidence in our federal government.

Simply neither Senators Spark nor Cao have the experience that I do in this race, and it is that experience which have taught me that endless cabinet positions, which far outweigh the level of present interest, do not work to increase activity. Neither do unpaid-for spending schemes on investing in green technology, the likes of which Senator Spark has introduced repeatedly.

To my friends who are considering either of my opponents in this election, I regret to tell you that neither appear to have the time or the grit to be your president full-time.

Senator Spark continues to insist that I will be nothing but a lackey for Labor, when even fellow Laborites - including Senator Pericles and FM/AG Truman can tell you - that this is simply not the case, as someone who has repeatedly spoke against my own party.

Contrary to what Slandering Spark might tell you, I am an independent thinker. I don't try to get my way by verbally harassing women or lying about our records, I try to reach my goals by consensus. I am a champion of the issues I fight for as well as an active diplomat between party relations on areas where I believe Nyman can get something done for the Atlasian people.

I'll protect our environment, and most importantly, I will ensure that other countries adhere to our climate agreements. Because if you ask me, folks, Atlasia has been doing a pretty damn good job meeting its own climate obligations. The same cannot be said for many countries in the Pacific.

So what we're going to do is ensure international cooperation. We're going to help developing countries on their journeys to success and modernization in an environmentally responsible way. We will be a persistent counterweight to Chinese influence, which has been a disaster for national safety as well as the safety of our allies.

But most importantly, I will always be upfront to the Atlasian people about where I stand. I am not afraid to take the political heat when I express an opinion that is unpopular, either in my party or the country at-large. Because the fact of the matter is that politics as usual has not helped us. The fact of the matter is that the Southern senator's conduct is disqualifying for someone who wants to be our new head-of-state. The fact of the matter, is that I can promise you both activity and good, comprehensive policy to lead our nation forward.

Mark my words, folks: I will be there for you. I will be a leader for our citizens and I will make us a leader on the global stage once again. We are done taking China's threats for granted. We are done with the endless wars. We are done with having our workers be treated as mere pawns for multinational corporations.

Now is the time to turn the page for a new era of leadership! Despite the empty one-liners coming from Senator Spark, you all know that I will always strive to be your leader.

I promise you, my friends, Atlasia is coming back. We will continue to be the most generous nation on earth towards the most vulnerable. We will continue to be the foremost world leader on a global stage.

And we are going to accomplish these things the right way!

Thank you, Seattle!!!

1. manleyaudio
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2021, 03:05:33 PM »

Public Statement - on the Impending Impeachment of GM Peanut

Just recently, my colleague, Senator Weatherboy, introduced articles of impeachment against GM Peanut for inactivity and for failing to report a leave of absence from the game. We are now waiting on Chief Justice windjammer to open the thread and preside over the trial.

While it saddens me that the Senate is forced to resort to these means, and while I personally have great respect for GM Peanut, I nonetheless intend to vote "Guilty" on these articles, and implore my fellow Labor senators to do the same. This trial ought to be swift, in order for a new person to take the GM's place and pick up where he left off, as well as provide vital information necessary for our National Security Team.

On a positive note, I have the utmost confidence in nominee Lumine to do a superb job of taking on this painstaking task, and I fully intend to vote for his confirmation when possible. An active GM Department is essential to restoring activity to our game, and Lumine has indicated in his hearing that he intends to do just that.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2021, 04:08:37 AM »
« Edited: October 15, 2021, 09:58:36 AM by Senator Scott, PPT🎃 »

On Trade, Internationalism, and Defense

Madison, Wisconsin1

Hello, Madison!

One week, my friends! One more week!

As we enter the final stretch of the campaign, I wanted to deliver what I intend to be my last policy speech of the campaign before the second debate.

So Senator Spark continues to have problems with the truth. He asserts, with evidence in my statements and actions in the Senate to the contrary, that my trade policy will favor China. That I am a "globalist". That I will support unfettered, unchecked globalization policies that put Atlasia last. This same internationalist attitude which led to twenty years of war - well beyond that of most active players. We have a growing number of Atlasians who have never seen their country not at war.

Let me be very clear on the issue of trade: while as a student of history, I regard protectionism to be destructive to the industries they are intended to serve, so too I believe that Atlasia can negotiate trade deals that benefit working-class folks like here in Wisconsin.

The Midwest is the nation's breadbasket, but a reworked trade deal will help our nation's soybean farmers who have seen the worst from both our current international trade system as well as punitive tariffs, particularly as so many of these farms have struggled over the course of COVID-19. Labor has kept these farms alive through various stimulus bills, and CUBI will continue to.

But if some must insist on calling me a "globalist", I'll say I've been a pretty damn effective one! I sponsored legislation that applies the same rules to us as it does to our other trading partners. I sponsored legislation for Atlasia to work with our partners in the EU to implement a global corporate tax and outlaw tax havens. We negotiated this deal not through isolationism, not from weakness, but in a cooperative manner that will benefit workers of all nations, and not the elite.

A Scott White House will not be usurped by corporate interests, hostile adversaries like China, or by the military-industrial complex. And any new trade deal is going to beat China.

The people do not want war. The people do not want endless, expensive wars that are to no one's benefit but the weapons contractors, while family members are brought home in body bags.

But we're going to have a strong defense. We will put the safety of the Atlasian citizen first. That absolutely includes removing troops where they are our presence is no longer warranted. And while I cannot make present forecasts on the situations in some of these countries abroad - although they should be coming soon under our new GM Department - my foreign policy philosophy will be guided by a minimalist, pro-security, diplomatic, and consolidate approach - not one of waste and nation-building.

So in summary folks, if you want a coherent foreign policy that puts Atlasia first, I am your candidate. If you want a trade policy that increases domestic production and empowers workers and responds to our environmental needs, I am your candidate. And if you want a candidate who doesn't just talk about doing those things, I am your candidate.

Thank you, Madison! I will be at the debate next week, and I anticipate giving my acceptance speech at our convention in Barre and making the case for our Labor candidates, as well as our party's allies in the Democratic Alliance. But I do want to take the opportunity to say thank you to the Democratic Alliance, for endorsing this campaign. I will continue to work on vindicating the confidence of the Democratic Alliance and others who are supporting us.

1. https://livingstoninnmadison.com/
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2021, 12:24:10 PM »

Endorsed for second Preference after Cao (i.e. above Spark and whatever other memes have qualified for the ballot)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2021, 08:25:42 AM »

I haven't read most of these campaign posts but endorsed. I don't think I will regret it. Smiley

Rescinding endorsement; it's nothing personal but I don't agree with the honorable Senator's support for a lawsuit against RG Peebs. I considered voting for Peebs w/ no 2nd pref. but that lawsuit has now been dismissed so I will likely abstain.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2021, 10:08:44 AM »

I haven't read most of these campaign posts but endorsed. I don't think I will regret it. Smiley

Rescinding endorsement; it's nothing personal but I don't agree with the honorable Senator's support for a lawsuit against RG Peebs. I considered voting for Peebs w/ no 2nd pref. but that lawsuit has now been dismissed so I will likely abstain.

I would urge you to endorse Cao. Fight for a change in this nation.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2021, 10:13:17 AM »

What, you couldn't vote for me anyway? Tongue
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2021, 10:15:01 AM »

You should join me in fighting for change we need.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2021, 08:53:43 AM »

Endorsed!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2021, 10:51:52 AM »

Speech at the Labor Party National Convention in Barre, VT

My friends! Countrymen! Patriots! Workers! Some might even say "comrades!"

I accept your nomination for President of the Republic of Atlasia!

You know, people have been asking, why? Why another Labor term? What will the next Labor president do to reinvigorate activity? How much can we expect of their involvement in public affairs?

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again: the President's job does not begin and end at the White House. I am pledging to you tonight the most active White House in years. The Labor Party has gotten our nation through a great pandemic, while at the same time minimizing loss of life and cases across the board.

We kept our economy alive through it all. We aided our small businesses and our farmers. We passed a UBI bill for working-class families. And now our economy is reopening. The jobs are coming back. Ford is building new factories on our land. We are taking aggressive action to combat climate change.

Labor has empowered unions, and in my administration I will continue to support a worker-oriented economy that promotes small and domestic industry.

We will take on the looming threat of China responsibly, and folks, I know we have the capital to do it. We're going to establish renewed relationships with Korea and improve our broken one in the Arab world, vis-à-vis a two state-solution between Israel and Palestine, with mutual protections and enforcement of international law.

Our next Vice President, Battista Minola, will play an instrumental role in guiding my foreign policy with his expertise, as well as Secretary wxtransit.

And we are going to elect progressive senators in both parties to do it!

Labor, let us stand united as one party. Let's continue working for the average Atlasian.

1 chttps://www.c-span.org/video/?182721-1/democratic-national-convention-day-4-afternoon
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2021, 12:20:10 AM »

The polls are open! Let's deliver a sweeping victory this weekend for the people!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2021, 11:31:23 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2021, 11:54:23 AM by President-elect Scott🎃 »

Jackson, Wyoming1

Hello, Jackson!

I've just received a call from Senator Cao. He congratulated us, and I congratulated him on a very hard-fought campaign.

Senator Cao has worked very long and very hard to address our nation's problems and work towards reform. He even supported a number of my initiatives, particularly the CUBI program. Job well done, Senator. We owe you a major debt of gratitude.

I also want to congratulate Peebs, MB, and Ted, for amassing so much support themselves this election.

Our time has come. People didn't vote for Labor in such overwhelming numbers because they are satisfied with the status quo; they voted for the candidate who can unite our country and transform the executive branch as we know it. People voted for change, including people who would not normally vote for Labor. To my friends in the Democratic Alliance, the Federalist Party, and other independent-minded folks who are not Labor members themselves but nonetheless support our message, thank you. Thank you, Ninja. Thank you, shua. Now we move forward as one nation.

I can promise you that the White House will be more active and transparent. The new White House thread will have frequent updates and public announcements.

I've said it a million times throughout this campaign and I never reneged: the President's job does not begin and end at the White House. This election was in no small part about qualifications, and who is best equipped to face our adversaries and mediate negotiations between nations and territories.

A free Palestine. Trade agreements that empower our workers and weaken China. A single democratic Korea. A worker-oriented economy.

We can achieve all these things. Atlasia will not settle for anything less than the best.

I want to thank First Minister Truman, Chief Justice windjammer, Senator FalterinArc, Senator Weatherboy, Utah Neolib, Australian Swing Voter, for supporting me throughout this campaign and advising me. This victory would not have been possible without you folks.

Just ten years ago, I joined "Atlas Forum" because it piqued my interest and I found the idea of a fantasy government really enticing. I joined, and started out as a mere Northeastern Assemblyman. Over the years, I changed parties and learned valuable lessons. It is how I was able to govern three regions. It is how I run the Senate.

And it is that same vigor I will use as your next president.

I promise you, folks. I promise you. Better days for Atlasia lie ahead. Our work continues. And the New Great Society continues.

Thank you!!! Thank you, everybody!!

1. AP
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2021, 11:33:42 PM »

Congratulations, Mr. President-Elect! If I may offer a bit of a spoiler as GM, I sure hope you'll be ready for some rather fascinating times!
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2021, 11:36:40 PM »

Congratulations, Mr. President elect! I look forward to working with you and the rest of the Labor caucus in the Senate to accomplish great things for the working class of this country.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2021, 11:36:44 PM »

Words, words, words. Roll Eyes
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2021, 11:49:33 PM »

Congratulations, Mr. President!

While I ultimately didn't back your candidacy it was a tough decision (hence my backing some of the At-Large Slate before any Feds) and I do have confidence in your leadership. I look forward to a white house that dedicates itself to the job in a way the last two administrations did not.

It was an honor to host two debates between Yourself, Cao, and Spark that I believe sent voters into the voting booth more informed than they would have otherwise been. It's going to require some input from citizens, but I'd love to expand on this platform - monthly town hall style events, perhaps?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2021, 11:50:25 PM »

go away
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6