Scott/Battista Minola October '21: A New Great Society (Victory!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:18:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Scott/Battista Minola October '21: A New Great Society (Victory!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Scott/Battista Minola October '21: A New Great Society (Victory!)  (Read 5751 times)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2021, 12:20:22 PM »

Endorsed!!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2021, 06:31:19 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2021, 10:37:38 PM by Senator Scott, PPT »

On Housing

New York, New York1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on scottforatlasia website

How are we doing, New York?!

Tonight I'm very happy to announce we have a very special guest with us! But before I introduce him, I'd like to unveil our campaign's plan for more affordable housing. New York is, as you all well know, one of the most expensive cities to live in the Republic of Atlasia. It is, followed by San Francisco and Honolulu, in fact the most expensive city in the country. This is not the fault of any one individual, but it is a growing problem that politicians have only exacerbated with well-intentioned but ultimately misguided policies. Our campaign has solutions to curb this problem.

First, we must acknowledge that strict rent control policies are a failed experiment. The problem is simple: by creating the uncertainty that landowners will be able to turn a profit on what they rent out, or not have the ability to discharge those who are not making good-faith efforts to pay their rent, we discourage new landowners from investing in new housing. This, ultimately, leads to housing shortages. This is a lose-lose situation. And it is a problem that compounds itself.

This isn't a matter of ideology, it's simply bad policy! And economists from all across the spectrum agree that strict rent control, combined with the 'NIMBY' attitudes that discourage further development, is a bad deal for both owners and renters. And I must stress, my friends, that not all landlords are wealthy. Like renters, they are simply folks trying to get by. This is not always the case, as I can attest to in my own experience with a problem landlord, but they still play a vital role in our housing market. The laws of economics still very much apply.

So what is our solution, in addition to discouraging strict rent controls on both the federal and local levels? Build, baby, build. We want to invest part of new infrastructure spending into new public housing, more social spending targeted toward low-income tenets. We're also going to pressure states and localities to better enforce existing building codes. This means that landlords can't cut corners by being paid under the table, or housing people in unsanitary conditions. I have experienced this. My mother experienced this. And my administration will insist that renters get what they are entitled to, including fair treatment and reasonable living standards.

In addition, we also propose working toward something that, I, personally, have always felt essential to a more fair society: more home ownership. My special guest this evening will soon be unveiling a plan that I have endorsed, spearheaded by him and Tmth. Essentially, the proposed bill would create a program, similar to Health Savings Accounts, for first-time home buyers. It will enable individuals to set a maximum $3,000 contribution, and $6,000 for married couples filing a joint tax return, to claim deductions for the purpose of purchasing new homes.

And now, to expand on this bipartisan initiative, I am proud to introduce you all to our guest speaker, my good friend, DA Chair and Senator Weatherboy!! Weatherboy, come on up!

1. https://www.theoutbound.com/new-york/photography/photograph-manhattan-bridge-from-washington-street-nyc/photos#photo-212143
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2021, 06:41:37 PM »

Thank you Senator!

Once again I find myself making speeches, but this time in support of you, rather than yelling at you. Certainly a nice change of pace. laughs

What Scott said is unequivocally true. I think just about anyone who knows about the topic would agree, no matter their beliefs. Which is why the fact that we have yet to do what tmth and the South did in the past year is baffling. It's common sense: through these savings accounts, people can finally get a place of their own. And not just a cramped apartment that they don't actually own. Folks in the younger generation, my generation, have had trouble finding housing not for lack of wanting it, but due to sheer unaffordability.

Though the bill I just introduced moments ago will not fix all the issues that come with trying to own a home for the first time, it will do a lot to help people, especially the poor and young, to taking a step closer to the Atlasian Dream.

Of course, I can't help but thank Fmr. Southern Speaker tmth for this great idea. He introduced it in the South and it passed overwhelmingly. I felt as if it was only fair to have his name in the bill somewhere despite not introducing it. So, folks, I'm glad to present the TMTH Act! Let's make sure this is not the only step we take to combat the housing crisis, and elect Scott in October! Thank you!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2021, 12:05:01 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2021, 12:12:32 PM by Senator Scott, PPT »

RUNNING MATE ANNOUNCEMENT

Cheyenne, Wyoming1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on scottforatlasia website

Hello, Cheyenne!

In the process of this campaign, I’ve taken great strides to search for a leader who can join me in my journey to unite the country and deliver for the Atlasian people. This, much like my decision to run for the presidency for the first time itself, was not made hastefully. It was not also made alone, as I’ve worked with prominent people within Labor to select a governing partner who can reinforce our campaign’s message of honor, and decency, and integrity, as well as bring his or her own unique experiences and perspectives to the White House.

I’ve found a leader who shares my goal of an honest, open, and active government. A leader who understands the challenges that everyday Atlasians face, and has the heart to lead with the conviction of a moral and just nation. A leader who’s built himself on the trust of those he serves. And above all, a leader who can step in and be the president.

And he’ll be a leader who will bring, I think, something a little different to the table.

Today, I’ve come to Cheyenne to announce my running mate, my choice to be our next Vice President of the Republic of Atlasia, and a man of distinguished decency and grace - the Honorable Battista Minola.

Battista Minola is one of the great, moral voices of a new generation of Atlasians. He brings with him a wealth of knowledge about international affairs, one of my top priorities for a reinvigorated Atlasia, and a reputation for diplomacy, empathy, and agreeableness. Like me, he is a person of faith, and what drives him in politics is that common, pluralistic vision for a more equal and just society.

We sat down during the vetting process and compared our political stances so that there can be no disunity in a Scott administration, and I have the utmost confidence that Battista will always be on the side that supports equal opportunity and liberty for all people, both here and abroad.

Atlasia is coming back. As we speak, the current administration is already preparing for a strenuous foreign policy agenda. We’re going to address threats from countries like China in a safe and responsible way. And while we intend to uphold our promises to the international community, there is broad agreement that sometimes, disagreeing with our allies constructively is necessary for long-term peace and stability.

With that said, I’m proud to introduce you all to my good friend, the next Vice President of the Republic of Atlasia, MP Battista Minola!!!

1. http://www.wyomingcapitolsquare.com/
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2021, 12:39:53 PM »

Thanks for the warm and extremely flattering introduction, PPT Scott!

I am pleased to confirm I will be running on this ticket as Scott's vice presidential candidate. There is not much to say that he hasn't already, except that I hope to bring the ability to transcend partisanship and petty divisions, and to look at things from a different perspective.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2021, 02:16:12 PM »

Battista Minola is a great man and will do very well at higher offices
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2021, 02:19:29 PM »

Excellent choice.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2021, 08:18:21 AM »
« Edited: September 25, 2021, 08:58:45 AM by Senator Scott, PPT🎃 »

On Environmental Renewal/Conservation

Miami, Florida1

Good morning, Miami!

So if you've been paying attention to Senate business over the session, we've been debating a number of environmental reforms. Incidentally, this is an issue where I give my opponent, Senator Spark, due credit for recognizing the existential crisis that is climate change. The people of Miami are rightly concerned about the impact of rising sea levels, as is all of Florida as this state is faced with a growing number of natural disasters and hurricanes in recent decades.

I think most of you would agree that climate change is, quite arguably the largest issue facing us today. We can talk all day about healthcare, about our plans for infrastructure and workers, and we're not going to stop fighting on these causes by any means. But anyone who takes an objective look at the situation knows that we cannot make progress on any of these things while our environment continues to deteriorate.

Stewardship to the planet must be a value we instill in our culture and demand accountability for in our leaders. Because if the planet fails, we all fail.

Now, Senator Spark has proposed a lot of initiatives for encouraging green technology and infrastructure. That is a very worthy goal that I am happy to work with him and anybody else on. But with respect to Senator Spark, his legislation lacks in crucial details, as well as funding, to put those ideas into action. My friends, resolutions and empty wish lists are not going to remedy our environmental crises.

I'm proud to say that I was one of the deciding votes for the Red-Green New Deal, which Labor supported and the Federalists opposed. I am proud of our record and progress on this issue, and I will continue to uphold all its tenets in my administration.

And as we transition to a green economy, we must not leave our hardworking miners, many of whom have been displaced by automation and outsourcing in China, behind. We need to invest in new training. We need to keep our miners and their families afloat. They are regrettably the forgotten people in our climate talks. These are good men who want nothing more than to support their families and sustain themselves. The enemy is not the miner, nor the natural gas worker.

But the elephant in the room is those countries in the Pacific which have not curbed their pollution. Although we are in precarious and uncertain times with respect to China's acts of aggression against Taiwan, we can use this opportunity to simultaneously open fair trade and alliances with our friends in the Pacific. I want us to reach out to our allies in Korea and Japan, for a common goal of curbing emissions and cleaning pollution.

Atlasia simply cannot solve this crisis by ourselves. We must insist on strong environmental standards as a condition of trade. Failing that collective effort, all our domestic initiatives will ultimately fail to save our planet.

And this hearkens back to my promise to re-engage Atlasia with the world under our new State Department. Our approach to international relations must be "Atlasia first", but we must fully reject the premise of "Atlasia alone". We need to prepare developing countries with the tools to transition to sustainability. We need to reinforce our standing as a world leader once again. And if I'm fortunate to be elected next month, that will be my top priority as Commander-in-Chief.

The Scott/Minola plan for saving the environment is simple: global cooperation toward a common goal. And I believe we can do it. It's a goal that must be long-term, and it's a goal that we're not going to accomplish under a single term. But Atlasia has and is demonstrating its commitment to sustainability under the law we passed in December. Now we need our friends to do the same.

And with your help, with your support, we are going to demand just that. It is my and Battista's conviction that Atlasia has a responsibility to hold other countries' governments to account on this issue as much as our own.

The solutions are here. We just need the willpower and competent leaders to put these proposals into action. All our diplomats are as dedicated to conservation as they are to political stability and human rights. And all of us are in this for the long haul.

Now Miami, I'll be taking a brief campaign break at one of your fabulous beaches. Thank you for having me. Dave bless you, Dave bless Florida, and Dave bless the Republic of Atlasia!!!

1. https://www.outfrontmedia.com/find-your-market/miami
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2021, 09:21:04 PM »

Speech at Liberty University

Liberty University1
Lynchburg, Virginia

Good evening, Liberty University! I must say I am honored to have been given this opportunity to speak to you all tonight.

And I must say that the warm welcome I received from so many of the students here has been nothing short of congenial. While we differ on some hot button issues, communication is essential to uniting this country once again. And while I suspect that most of the students here will ultimately prefer Senator Spark, I came here to offer a fresh alternative as we decide which direction our country, and the game, are going to go.

I have made faith a key part of my campaign. Battista and I are forging, what I like to call, the Religious Rainbow coalition. Jesus never excluded people, and neither do we. As brothers and sisters in Christ, we are called upon to reject our material needs and rely solely on the Lord. I learned this lesson when I lost my father, and I certainly learned it when I was taking care of my sick mother. It is that mission, that universal obligation, to care for the sick and the vulnerable. On this mission, I believe we are united.

Battista and I are dedicated to changing Nyman from the bottom-up. Moral leadership, regardless of where you stand, is something we all aspire for. It is something we demand of ourselves and our leaders. And where we may be divided, those differences pale in our unity. In our faith. In our values.

Those values include uplifting the poor. Those values include helping the vulnerable. The sick, the destitute, those fighting addiction, the soldier who fights to protect our freedom, only to come home and battle PTSD and homelessness.

We owe it to those people, as stewards of the Lord, to help all people regardless of their background or their struggles. I've said it before, and I will say it again: we are the hands and feet of God.

And our New Great Society fulfills just that.

Now these differences must be acknowledged. I support the right for same-sex couples to marry and have children. I believe that a woman ought to control her own body.

Those are my views, and I very much stand by them. I never change my views to pander for political expediency. But I also believe that instead of shouting at each other, we must come together and acknowledge our differences. We need that dialogue. We must be willing to leave our comfort zones and make good-faith attempts to build consensus.

And there are many issues, I suspect, we are in agreement on. Issues that directly affect the well-being of all our citizens - regardless of religion or lack thereof.

I am no saint. I have made many missteps in my life, both in the game and in real life. Like all of you, I try to better understand morality and live by my faith. And like you, where I stumble, I take lessons from those mistakes and use them to grow as a better human being.

So as I conclude this speech, I implore all of us to stand with the poor, and the hardworking men and women of this great country. To uphold moral leadership. To take on the "owning class" that forces people to live on food stamps and work long hours for little pay, while the millionaires and billionaires continue to grow their wealth - money that they don't even know what to do with. I assure you, Battista and I share that same moral compass. We will govern by common principles.

And like you, we will fight for a more just society.

Thank you all very much. Dave bless all of you. Dave bless this university, this great state, this great region, this great nation.

1. https://www.wsls.com/news/local/2021/08/27/we-couldve-avoided-this-liberty-university-students-frustrated-over-campus-wide-quarantine/
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2021, 09:34:25 PM »

Speech at Liberty University

Liberty University1
Lynchburg, Virginia

Good evening, Liberty University! I must say I am honored to have been given this opportunity to speak to you all tonight.

And I must say that the warm welcome I received from so many of the students here has been nothing short of congenial. While we differ on some hot button issues, communication is essential to uniting this country once again. And while I suspect that most of the students here will ultimately prefer Senator Spark, I came here to offer a fresh alternative as we decide which direction our country, and the game, are going to go.

I have made faith a key part of my campaign. Battista and I are forging, what I like to call, the Religious Rainbow coalition. Jesus never excluded people, and neither do we. As brothers and sisters in Christ, we are called upon to reject our material needs and rely solely on the Lord. I learned this lesson when I lost my father, and I certainly learned it when I was taking care of my sick mother. It is that mission, that universal obligation, to care for the sick and the vulnerable. On this mission, I believe we are united.

Battista and I are dedicated to changing Nyman from the bottom-up. Moral leadership, regardless of where you stand, is something we all aspire for. It is something we demand of ourselves and our leaders. And where we may be divided, those differences pale in our unity. In our faith. In our values.

Those values include uplifting the poor. Those values include helping the vulnerable. The sick, the destitute, those fighting addiction, the soldier who fights to protect our freedom, only to come home and battle PTSD and homelessness.

We owe it to those people, as stewards of the Lord, to help all people regardless of their background or their struggles. I've said it before, and I will say it again: we are the hands and feet of God.

And our New Great Society fulfills just that.

Now these differences must be acknowledged. I support the right for same-sex couples to marry and have children. I believe that a woman ought to control her own body.

Those are my views, and I very much stand by them. I never change my views to pander for political expediency. But I also believe that instead of shouting at each other, we must come together and acknowledge our differences. We need that dialogue. We must be willing to leave our comfort zones and make good-faith attempts to build consensus.

And there are many issues, I suspect, we are in agreement on. Issues that directly affect the well-being of all our citizens - regardless of religion or lack thereof.

I am no saint. I have made many missteps in my life, both in the game and in real life. Like all of you, I try to better understand morality and live by my faith. And like you, where I stumble, I take lessons from those mistakes and use them to grow as a better human being.

So as I conclude this speech, I implore all of us to stand with the poor, and the hardworking men and women of this great country. To uphold moral leadership. To take on the "owning class" that forces people to live on food stamps and work long hours for little pay, while the millionaires and billionaires continue to grow their wealth - money that they don't even know what to do with. I assure you, Battista and I share that same moral compass. We will govern by common principles.

And like you, we will fight for a more just society.

Thank you all very much. Dave bless all of you. Dave bless this university, this great state, this great region, this great nation.

1. https://www.wsls.com/news/local/2021/08/27/we-couldve-avoided-this-liberty-university-students-frustrated-over-campus-wide-quarantine/

Interesting that Labor and Peace call themselves moral but yet support the barbaric practice of abortion. That makes sense.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2021, 11:18:23 PM »

He will fix it.

AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2021, 03:56:35 AM »

Only just saw your VP choice. Incredibly based ticket, triple endorsed!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2021, 05:46:30 AM »

I haven't read most of these campaign posts but endorsed. I don't think I will regret it. Smiley
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2021, 07:50:00 AM »

Get out of my region. Angry We don't take kindly to those who hold up the Bible and lie in these parts.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2021, 08:00:11 AM »

Get out of my region. Angry We don't take kindly to those who hold up the Bible and lie in these parts.

(Patrick Semansky/AP Photo)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2021, 08:01:30 AM »

(Patrick Semansky/AP Photo)
Yep that's how you're acting like
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2021, 10:54:13 AM »

On Activity
aka "Why you should vote for Labor"

Louisville, Kentucky1

HELLO, LOUISVILLE!

Well, this campaign has certainly taken an... interesting turn. But you know, in spite of all the negativity, the personal attacks, the lying, I'm fired up. I am fired up! How about you, Louisville?!

I thought so!!

So the question has been raised: which candidate can be more trusted to rejuvenate activity? And what are our plans to do it? Furthermore, why vote for Labor? Well, I'll tell you why.

I don't want to be your president as a member of the Labor Party because it's the "natural governing party". I don't want to be your president to uphold the status quo. Quite the contrary, in fact.

What I want for Atlasia is a culture of civic engagement, and accountability for the people in our government. That's going to require making some tough decisions. And one of those tough decisions pertains to the status of our GM Department.

I don't need to tell you folks, that the GM Department has not been delivering for the Atlasian people. And while I respect GM Peanut personally, the current pace of his activity is simply not working to the benefit of the game.

As China prepares its attack on Taiwan, the State Department and the NSC lack the information necessary to make the necessary decisions that will protect the Republic of China and use diplomatic efforts to improve our relations with the Arab world - which are actually worse than OTL. And, to push for a two-state solution for Israel and Palestine. To address the situation in Paflagonia, which recently had an election we still do not know the results for. To work with the Korean government in unification and helping them establish a free, democratic state. We can't do any of that under current leadership in this department!

I can tell you this: as your president, my first act in office will be to appoint a new head of our GM Department. I will appoint somebody who's trustworthy, who's creative, innovative, and of course, consistently active.

That is a promise, and I fully expect the people to hold me to it, in the same way that I will insist upon consistency from our new GM.

The lack of activity is not a partisan issue, it is an Atlasian issue. And it is incumbent upon us to demand more from those in power. And believe me, folks, I don't exclude myself from that group, either.

Because I am not running to be the Labor Party's president, I am running to be your president.

And even now, we are seeing signs of activity from our new Secretary of State, whom I recently spoke with along with our new National Security Council. I promise you that foreign policy will once again be relevant in this game. It is my conviction that an active GM is imperative to solving the malaise we are currently experiencing. That, I can guarantee you, will happen under a Scott/Minola administration.

Now while our friends on the other side campaign on negativity and personal attacks, what we are offering is reason to be optimistic about the future of this great land. Because it's not just about party, as I've had several members of the Democratic Alliance and even the Federalist Party endorse our campaign; it is about character. It is about activity. It is about the issues. That is what I intend to continue running on. And that is what is going to sweep us to victory in October!

Thank you, my friends! Yes!! That enthusiasm is what I love to hear!!!

So let's put the negative and desperate attacks aside. Let's talk about what the people of Atlasia want. Let's talk about activity. Let's talk about jobs. Let's talk about protecting AtlasCare. Let's talk about trade. Let's talk about the environment. Let's talk about ways to get you, the people of this great nation that I love so dearly, personally invested in our future. The future of Atlasia. The future of our world.

Dave bless all of you for having me here today!

Thank you, everybody! Say hi to the Governor for me!

1. https://www.visittheusa.com/destination/louisville
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2021, 11:41:35 AM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2021, 03:28:43 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2021, 10:20:01 PM by Senator Scott, PPT🎃 »

On Foreign Policy

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania1

Hello, Philly!

Before I begin, I would like to welcome Senator Cao to the race. I hope to anticipate an issues-focused, drama-free campaign over these next few weeks.

So folks, you know I've spoken a little bit about my foreign policy in past campaign speeches. This is a policy area that, we all know, has been sorely neglected for many months. And it also hearkens back to my emphasis on the GM Department's role in bringing activity to the game. So I want to reemphasize my commitment to an active GM Department that will guide us through these rocky waves over the coming months.

Indeed, while I still respect GM Peanut, I do believe it's time for a new direction. For a GM who can provide us more consistency and less uncertainty, especially as our security team scrambles to respond to the imminent threaten to Taiwan.

For the sake of brevity, I will list the relevant foreign policy issues that we must face head on under the next administration, and how I will lead as Commander-in-Chief in making our nation a force for peace:

1. China and Taiwan - This is the most glaring issue facing us today. Recently, the Senate passed an administration-endorsed resolution guaranteeing Taiwan support against the PRC. Now while I believe Atlasia ought to honor its alliances, I have also voiced my concern about escalation. Direct military confrontation with any nuclear power puts our safety in a vulnerable position, and escalation into such with China could easily put us into conflict with Russia as well. My administration will do all that is necessary to avoid a new World War that will all but guarantee mutually-assured destruction, and therefore the end of human life as we know it. Peace and diplomacy will always be my guiding principles.

2. Korean reunification - North Korea overwhelmingly voted FOR reunification and South Korea passed a resolution recognizing the start of the reunification process, leading to the start of talks in Pyongyang. As president, I will ask our State Department to proceed with mediating the reunification process, which will lead to stability between the countries and place a counterweight on China's power.

3. Israeli and Arab relations - Believe it or not, our relations with the Arab world are actually worse than they are OTL. Saudi Arabia's use of the death penalty against homosexuals has soured our relations with the kingdom. Let me say this: I will not compromise Atlasia's support for human rights abroad.

But I believe that aiding in the creation of a Palestinian state will open a gateway to the Arab world. I will work with Prime Minister Gantz in a way that works to the benefit of Israelis, Israeli-Arabs, and the Palestinian people. I support Israel's right to exist, but I am strongly opposed to the illegal settlement building in the West Bank, and I will make the two-state solution a priority in my administration.

The UAE will also be instrumental in forging a new path forward for our relations with the Arab world.

4. Afghanistan - While we still need inquiry from the GM as to the status of our presence in Afghanistan and opposing forces, I favor a swift, yet responsible, withdrawal from our 20-year war. We're going to learn from the mistakes that recent RL events have taught us, and ensure international cooperation in a safe withdrawal. It's time to bring the boys home.

5. Iraq - As is the case with Afghanistan, we need an update on the situation on the ground. Like with Afghanistan, I also support a responsible withdrawal. Atlasia cannot afford these endless wars, and our men and women in uniform have sacrificed much in the nearly two decades we've occupied the country. Iraq will be crucial to stabilizing our relations with the Arab world going forward, but this will not be possible if the Islamic State remains a threat.

6. Paflagonia - We still have yet to know the outcome of the most recent election, and this information is one thing I will insist on as President of Atlasia overseeing a new GM Department. We will support an end to the violence in the country and a transition to stability.

7. Eritre and Djibouti - A forgotten conflict, but nonetheless one that must be addressed; an international crisis has taken place between Eritrea and Djibouti after Eritrean troops attacked their neighbor. Inquiry is needed from the GM on this matter as well, before the Secretary of State and our security team can know how to properly respond.

And finally, for my friends here in Lincoln...

8. Lincoln independence - In case it must be said, I am firmly opposed to secessionist movements from any region. While I view Lincoln independence as highly unlikely (an independence referendum requires 75% of the vote to pass), I will nonetheless do my part to whip votes from my party against this fringe movement and boredom-inspired movement. All three of our regions are essential for a strong Atlasia, and while I would never resort to violence against our brothers and sisters here in the Great North, neither will I tolerate unlawful seizure of federal property. I am hopeful that this is something all the parties can agree on.

To any who might doubt my commitment to peace, I need only point to my years of membership in the Peace Party, which my good friend Siren began in response to the Second Korean War. The tenets of Pax remain close to my heart, and peace will always be my mission as your Commander-in-Chief.

Endless war is not only fiscally irresponsible, it is immoral, and the greed of the OTL military-industrial complex will never find its way into a Scott/Minola administration.

This is the city where our Constitution was born; where our nation became whole. A more perfect union within our borders, and a culture of cooperation, fair trade, and religious and political pluralism outside them will always be my M.O.

Thank you for having me today, Philly. Let us march together for a brand new day in Atlasia and the world!

1. https://welkerre.com/
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2021, 01:05:42 PM »

Endorsed for Second Preference!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2021, 06:37:48 PM »

Speech on Lincoln independence and preserving our great union

Unity, New Hampshire1

Hello, NEW HAMPSHIRE!

It really is an honor to be speaking you all today. I have nothing but great memories in this great state. Unity is more than just a small town, and "Live free or die" are not just empty words. New Hampshire empowers the strength of the individual, and the grit to make this state, this region, and this nation great.

It is imperative that we keep great states like New Hampshire in our union. And that is why our campaign fully endorses the "no" campaign on secession.

While I do not expect the "yes" vote to reach the 75% threshold, it is imperative that the people of Lincoln vote to remain in the union. President Lincoln fought to keep our country whole. Now it's time for the region of its namesake to do the same.

I implore our patriots in this state and region to vote for the union. To regain the faith and trust in our government, which all candidates believe must be reformed.

But we can't do that without Lincoln.

This weekend, vote for the union. Vote to keep our nation whole by rejecting radical secessionist movements.

Lincoln, now is the time to fulfill the legacy of our forebears, who shed blood to preserve our country. Don't let the efforts of those brave men be in vain. Never forget the rich history of this region.

Together, let's make Atlasia whole again.

Thank you, New Hampshire. May Dave continue to bless this great town, this great state, this great region, and of course, this great nation.

1. Unity Town Hall, Off Unity Rd. and the Old New Hampshire Turnpike Unity - Bill Marrs
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2021, 07:04:05 AM »

Do you know what day it is?

Happy first official MEAN GIRLS DAY in the Republic of Atlasia!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2021, 09:01:08 PM »

I haven't had the privilege to endorse such a qualified candidate that is as right for the moment than Scott for a long time, perhaps since Lumine/Siren. Happily endorsed for my first Labor first-preference in a presidential election!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2021, 09:03:57 PM »

I haven't had the privilege to endorse such a qualified candidate that is as right for the moment than Scott for a long time, perhaps since Lumine/Siren. Happily endorsed for my first Labor first-preference in a presidential election!

Mr. Secretary, I have to say I was NOT expecting this endorsement today (nor the many other cross-party endorsements I've gotten). But thank you. Thank you so much. I look forward to getting us past the drama that has only further inflamed the malaise and culture of exclusivity in this game and being a president for all people.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2021, 09:10:06 PM »

Endorsed my good friend. Atlasia needs a good, active, progressive President and I know you can be one.

just gonna reiterate my endorsement for the ones in the back. If uh, giving a whole ass speech in support of you wasn't obvious enough. Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies