Opinion of Fuzzy Bear? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:10:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Fuzzy Bear? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Title
FF

HP

Lol

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 96

Author Topic: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear?  (Read 1920 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« on: September 18, 2021, 07:48:50 PM »
« edited: September 18, 2021, 07:52:47 PM by Ofchris »

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 09:35:50 PM »

there should have been a "HP + LOL" option
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 10:20:24 PM »

I explained this pretty in depth when I changed it to yellow that I was not actually a libertarian but I was unhappy with the radical leftward turn of the party at the time.  Lately a number of people have accused me of being a fake libertarian (I wasn't claiming to be) so I changed it back.  Now that the Dem party has moderated under Biden I am happy with where the party is, other than the fact they have no cajones and will not fight back against Republicans.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2021, 01:06:42 PM »

That much comes through loud and clear if you take the time to actually have a good-faith conversation with him.  I think he’s gotten a lot more rigid and dogmatic of late, but I suspect that’s at least partly a reaction to the fact that half of Atlas turns into an angry mob whenever he posts something.  Fuzzy has gotten a lot of undeserved OTT vitriol from certain folks over the years and I can understand how that might leave someone more than a little embittered. 

I’ll also add that Nix (I think it was him) once observed that Fuzzy has this weird knack for inadvertently exposing some of the worst traits of his most vocal critics and that’s definitely true. 

It absolutely is this cause even in the timeframe where many on here say they thought Fuzzy was good, posters like ProudModerate and red avatar hacks on US Gen Discussion would attack him in a super vicious way and would not even try to understand the points he was making.

Like take immigration for a sense , where many thought Fuzzy was super super right-wing on the issue due to how his debates with ProudModerate and red avatar hacks went but when you actually had a reasonable and fair debate with him , you would realize that wasn't the case at all. He actually was in favor of a pathway to citizenship for many illegal immigrants as long as you have strong border security and remove the incentives for coming here illegally which btw is a position to the left of me.

The fact is these posters though didn't have any interest whatsoever in debating Fuzzy or really any blue avatar and instead want to try to destroy anyone who disagrees with their democratic hack talking points. The difference is the vast majority of this forum is left of center so they sympathized with the posters they viewed on their team and further piled on Fuzzy in a super unfair way. The behavior of these hacks have driven many blue avatars of atlas and onto atlas discord servers

The irony.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2021, 01:09:29 PM »

That much comes through loud and clear if you take the time to actually have a good-faith conversation with him.  I think he’s gotten a lot more rigid and dogmatic of late, but I suspect that’s at least partly a reaction to the fact that half of Atlas turns into an angry mob whenever he posts something.  Fuzzy has gotten a lot of undeserved OTT vitriol from certain folks over the years and I can understand how that might leave someone more than a little embittered. 

I’ll also add that Nix (I think it was him) once observed that Fuzzy has this weird knack for inadvertently exposing some of the worst traits of his most vocal critics and that’s definitely true. 

It absolutely is this cause even in the timeframe where many on here say they thought Fuzzy was good, posters like ProudModerate and red avatar hacks on US Gen Discussion would attack him in a super vicious way and would not even try to understand the points he was making.

Like take immigration for a sense , where many thought Fuzzy was super super right-wing on the issue due to how his debates with ProudModerate and red avatar hacks went but when you actually had a reasonable and fair debate with him , you would realize that wasn't the case at all. He actually was in favor of a pathway to citizenship for many illegal immigrants as long as you have strong border security and remove the incentives for coming here illegally which btw is a position to the left of me.

The fact is these posters though didn't have any interest whatsoever in debating Fuzzy or really any blue avatar and instead want to try to destroy anyone who disagrees with their democratic hack talking points. The difference is the vast majority of this forum is left of center so they sympathized with the posters they viewed on their team and further piled on Fuzzy in a super unfair way. The behavior of these hacks have driven many blue avatars of atlas and onto atlas discord servers

The irony.

Yes you are one of the posters I am talking about when I say red avatar hacks

Badge of honor from you.  thanks.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 01:59:00 PM »

Half the time he is a pompous windbag, the rest he is a genuinely interesting and measured poster who is overhated by the peanut gallery. Tbh that ratio is not too bad (plenty of posters here on all ideological sides would kill to have a 50:50 split between decent posts and blah).

I don't dislike him.  I would never put him on ignore like THG, MT, other very right wing posters.  However, when he does discuss his views they are very outside the mainstream and he both sides it.  Like comparing BLM to a literal insurrection.  I guess he's more LOL than HP.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 01:19:27 PM »

Just waiting for Fuzzy to become admin.

Fuzzy will clean out the swamp.

If that happened pretty much any speech that is even remotely critical of evangelicals would instantly be banned here I am afraid.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2021, 03:14:41 PM »

Just waiting for Fuzzy to become admin.

Fuzzy will clean out the swamp.

If that happened pretty much any speech that is even remotely critical of evangelicals would instantly be banned here I am afraid.

That would not happen.  Individual Evangelicals have conducted themselves where they have rightfully invited criticism. 

I don't seek to be a moderator.  I don't have the time.  But I would apply the same standards fairly. 

And I would not delete or modify posts from either spectrum due to "whataboutism".  I think it's fair to press posters why they apply a principle one way in a certain instance and another way in an comparable instance.  In a vigorous and vibrant discussion forum, participants ought to be able to confront others with their inconsistencies and they ought to be able to take it.

Yes, I've reported lots of posts due to "whataboutism".  It's because others (including mods) have imposed that standard on me.  I see no reason why others should not adhere to the same standards I am held to.

I have no idea what whatboutism ur referring to.  But I at least respect that you are honest about ur perspective being hard right wing rather than some blue avatars who just say "I'm not super republican but [insert extreme right wing talking point]."  That said you seem to think posts highly critical of how evangelicals have injected themselves into politics are religious persecution so I am not sure that you would moderate fairly if given the chance.  But I could be off because you are at least fair about your opinions as I noted above.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies