Opinion of Fuzzy Bear?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:51:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Fuzzy Bear?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Title
FF

HP

Lol

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 96

Author Topic: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear?  (Read 1909 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2021, 05:30:27 PM »

If I was lost in the jungles of Vietnam, there is only one Atlas poster I would call to rescue me.

A pillar of integrity rising out of a sea of sceptical doubt and red avatars' collective negativism.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2021, 05:58:56 PM »

Nothing against fuzzy.... seem to recall a bit of a roller-coaster over the years with some lower points and higher points.

Sometimes reminds me a bit of the cranky and stubborn Republican Uncle I never had, but fundamentally not acting out of malice or ill-will.

Sure, like quite a few posters on here, sometimes maybe pushes things a bit too far, doesn't de-escalate when things start to get heated, or offer the occasional apology or "I was wrong" type public response, but it's not at all like he is the only one by a Texas Mile on this Forum.

Personally I think like many of the Middle-Aged posters on Atlas, he does offer some perspectives and life-experience type items, which not only add value in terms of keeping Atlas from being a total echo chamber, but also can trigger additional dialogue, even if many times it feels like more of a "Fuzzy vs Atlas" type dynamic.

Communication is a two-way street, and from my individual perspective generally communication breakdowns typically involve actions and expressions from both parties and generally not just one of the parties.

Just the other day he posed a couple questions to me involving something regarding Afghanistan and I spent a few minutes of time and reflection, grabbing a quick cig while I was composing, and he responded back within a short period of time in quite a civil and polite fashion.

He did not respond to my follow-up to his response, although perhaps that might have been slightly "out of scope" from his perspective, or maybe like the rest of us he has some other things going on in his life and not always scouring Atlas every moment of every day.  Wink

I will also note that he does not exhibit my major pet peeve of a certain type of frequent Atlas behavior of simply posting one brief sentence (or possibly two), but rather generally expresses himself more in the form of at least a paragraph style of writing, rather than acting like he running a Twitter account or posting off of his mobile phone. Wink
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2021, 06:00:38 PM »

If I was lost in the jungles of Vietnam, there is only one Atlas poster I would call to rescue me.

A pillar of integrity rising out of a sea of sceptical doubt and red avatars' collective negativism.

LOLZ.... Meclazine didn't know you had it in you for Meme gifts!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2021, 08:11:26 PM »

Hopefully he receives the help and care that he needs for the remainder of his sunset years.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2021, 01:27:34 AM »
« Edited: September 21, 2021, 01:31:23 AM by Meclazine »

Just waiting for Fuzzy to become admin.

Fuzzy will clean out the swamp.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2021, 01:19:27 PM »

If that happened pretty much any speech that is even remotely critical of evangelicals would instantly be banned here I am afraid.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2021, 02:44:06 PM »

If that happened pretty much any speech that is even remotely critical of evangelicals would instantly be banned here I am afraid.

That would not happen.  Individual Evangelicals have conducted themselves where they have rightfully invited criticism. 

I don't seek to be a moderator.  I don't have the time.  But I would apply the same standards fairly. 

And I would not delete or modify posts from either spectrum due to "whataboutism".  I think it's fair to press posters why they apply a principle one way in a certain instance and another way in an comparable instance.  In a vigorous and vibrant discussion forum, participants ought to be able to confront others with their inconsistencies and they ought to be able to take it.

Yes, I've reported lots of posts due to "whataboutism".  It's because others (including mods) have imposed that standard on me.  I see no reason why others should not adhere to the same standards I am held to.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2021, 03:14:41 PM »

That would not happen.  Individual Evangelicals have conducted themselves where they have rightfully invited criticism. 

I don't seek to be a moderator.  I don't have the time.  But I would apply the same standards fairly. 

And I would not delete or modify posts from either spectrum due to "whataboutism".  I think it's fair to press posters why they apply a principle one way in a certain instance and another way in an comparable instance.  In a vigorous and vibrant discussion forum, participants ought to be able to confront others with their inconsistencies and they ought to be able to take it.

Yes, I've reported lots of posts due to "whataboutism".  It's because others (including mods) have imposed that standard on me.  I see no reason why others should not adhere to the same standards I am held to.

I have no idea what whatboutism ur referring to.  But I at least respect that you are honest about ur perspective being hard right wing rather than some blue avatars who just say "I'm not super republican but [insert extreme right wing talking point]."  That said you seem to think posts highly critical of how evangelicals have injected themselves into politics are religious persecution so I am not sure that you would moderate fairly if given the chance.  But I could be off because you are at least fair about your opinions as I noted above.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2021, 03:52:07 PM »

I don’t have anything in common with him politically, but he posted a lot of good non-Trump related stuff in the past and does have a lot of political experience going back to the 70s. Additionally, Fuzzy has been a lot nicer to me than BRTD and several other posters.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2021, 06:47:17 PM »

Patient zero for Floridamaniosis. Still more bearable than most of the other out-and-out Trump defenders on the forum.

Citation needed. Seriously,

Not to throw unrelated shade here, but by way of example I have a low opinion of Tarheel gent for Chronically regurgitating Fox talking points, but at least he if is bonified sane and rational when it comes to election trutherism conspiracies. Conversely, I cannot think of a single poster here since since Reagan fan was banned Who does worse at propogating or defending silly  Facebook and Brietbart induced fever dreams than Fuzzy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies