Opinion of Fuzzy Bear?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:47:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Fuzzy Bear?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Title
FF

HP

Lol

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 96

Author Topic: Opinion of Fuzzy Bear?  (Read 1908 times)
Boobs
HCP
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2021, 07:51:52 AM »

He’s gratuitously homophobic, racist, and mean-spirited, but he chooses to demonstrate this in paragraph form rather than one-line insults, so I voted FF!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2021, 08:05:23 AM »

The type of “Christian” that my aunt that nobody likes is. Doing the best to show people that the more you talk about how much of good Christian you while actually doing the best job possible to push all the actual good people away from religion.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2021, 10:15:26 AM »

Neutral. I recently became subject to an attack of his, which I responded to in full, and received no reply. And I'm someone who has tried to stand up for him in the past.

I apologize for the response.  I saw the green avatar and thought it a ProudModerate2 response.  Serves me right for doing things in haste.  I give you more credit than him.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2021, 10:38:02 AM »

Neutral. I recently became subject to an attack of his, which I responded to in full, and received no reply. And I'm someone who has tried to stand up for him in the past.

This is by far the most frustrating thing about Fuzzy and I'm surprised we seem to be the only ones to have mentioned it in this thread. I have no problem with the opposing political views, and I can even bring myself to barely tolerate the InfoWars conspiracy nonsense. But the way he enters a thread, posts a wall of often inflammatory and rude text, then ignores all the reasonable responses is extremely obnoxious. Like most people on the religious right, he also seems to hold himself and the people he agrees with to a far lower ethical standard. It's sad because if not for that stuff he'd be an easy FF vote from me.

In particular, Fuzzy Bear has a tendency of repeating the same debunked points over and over again. Part of this is because he ignores the relevant rebuttals. I feel that I am at a fundamental disconnect with him now. He accused me of trolling him when I pointed out his usage of the words "My King is Alive!" when discussing Trump, and expressed his desire to "trigger" me. I think that this also exposes hypocrisy on his part, as he should know that Jesus himself calls for treating others respectfully.
Tbh this is exactly why I don’t ever really engage with him in actual debate. Back in day when I’m first joined and Russiagate kicked off it noticed that he would go into threads and make these ridiculous arguments about how impeaching Trump for firing Comey would destroy our democracy because “muh checks and balances means Trump can do whatever he wants to the FBI”. Then whenever someone like Virginia would refute and debate these notions and he would never respond to the rebuttal but instead would leave the thread for a couple of days and then come back and post these same arguments again while never addressing the rebuttal. An he would proceed to do this for ever single Trump scandal from Russiagate, Ukrainegate, Stormy Daniels, his taxes, and now saying 2020 was stolen. It was the same over and over pattern of saying a ridiculously talking point, someone disputes it, and Fuzzy never acknowledges the refute and comes back to post it again. After a while I found it more productive to just call him out on his crap then actually treat his topics like they are actually worthy of discussion

I feel Fuzzy Bear would have a better reputation on here if he actually responded to his opponents' arguments and owned up on his mistakes. I do tend to respect those who are firm about their beliefs, but I also respect those who make an effort to understand the other side.

This is by far the most frustrating thing about Fuzzy and I'm surprised we seem to be the only ones to have mentioned it in this thread. I have no problem with the opposing political views, and I can even bring myself to barely tolerate the InfoWars conspiracy nonsense. But the way he enters a thread, posts a wall of often inflammatory and rude text, then ignores all the reasonable responses is extremely obnoxious. Like most people on the religious right, he also seems to hold himself and the people he agrees with to a far lower ethical standard. It's sad because if not for that stuff he'd be an easy FF vote from me.

In particular, Fuzzy Bear has a tendency of repeating the same debunked points over and over again. Part of this is because he ignores the relevant rebuttals. I feel that I am at a fundamental disconnect with him now. He accused me of trolling him when I pointed out his usage of the words "My King is Alive!" when discussing Trump, and expressed his desire to "trigger" me. I think that this also exposes hypocrisy on his part, as he should know that Jesus himself calls for treating others respectfully.

Sadly, most people on the religious right are willing to immediately flush all their "deeply-held religious principles" down the toilet the second they need to start degrading the other side. Fuzzy should be above that, but I suspect he's worked his political views into his Christian philosophy. I don't think he'd admit it, but I'd be surprised if he didn't believe that support of Donald Trump (or at least staunch opposition to the Democrats) is essential to being a "real" Christian in this country.

Fuzzy Bear certainly has done this. He believes that the Democrats are an "anti-Christian" and "anti-American" Party, and Republicans, from his perspective, are the upholders of tradition, virtue, and faith. Trump is, in his mind, God's agent who carries his message forth.

One definitely does not have to support Donald Trump to be a "Real Christian".  I have made that clear time and again.  People have stated otherwise as a reflection of their own anti-religious biases, but I have never said that. 

Is Trump "God's Agent"?  That's up to God and up to Trump.  God certainly does not need Donald Trump to accomplish what he needs done on this Earth, or in Heaven, but He would certainly desire that Donald Trump (and everyone else, for that matter) conform THEIR lives to HIS will.  Donald Trump also has the Free Will not to serve as God's agent.  He's certainly done things in his life that can't be pleasing to God in the least.

I know many Christians who voted for Biden, most out of personal distaste for Trump.  I get that to a point, but there is a point where personal distaste is outweighed by the actions of the person you find distaste for.  Scripture speaks of ancient Kings of Israel and Judah having "done what was right in the eyes of the Lord" or "done evil in the eyes of the Lord".  Some Kings were a mixed bag.  On abortion, on religious freedom, on matters of war and peace, on social mores, Donald Trump's actions conformed to Scripture than the actions and attitudes of Joe Biden.  Did Trump commit adultery?  Of course he did.  Kind David did as well, and Scripture says that David "had a Heart after God's Own".  I'm not putting Trump in that league by any means, but I am making the point.

As for "anti-American":  Donald Trump, for better or for worse, governed in ways he believed put the interest of American citizens first.  Chauvinistic?  Perhaps, but Americans expect some chauvinism from their President.  Donald Trump controlled our borders.  Joe Biden has thrown them wide open.  Please tell me how that is not anti-American.  Please tell me how that does not impact the citizens of the US negatively.  These illegal aliens are not subject to vaccine mandates, vaccine passports, or limits on where they can go while in this country while limitations on citizens are discussed every day.  Can you tell me how favoring illegal aliens over citizens is pro-American?  Can you show me how it's fair and just?

People complain that I don't answer their arguments, yet no one will actually engage in how BLM and Antifa anjoy a double standard.  I suspect they find that situation impossible to defend and wish it would not occur on this forum, lest their own arguments be undermined.  People who complain that I don't answer their arguments don't respond directly to mine in many instances.   And, no, I don't accept sources from the mainstream media uncritically.  We once had a semi-honest media in America.  We don't now.  I don't blame people for questioning the biases of FOX and Newsmax, but CNN, NBC, etc. are virtually State Media.  So please don't expect me to consider any of their reports as "debunking" my arguments.  Debunking requires credibility.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2021, 10:49:38 AM »

The type of “Christian” that my aunt that nobody likes is. Doing the best to show people that the more you talk about how much of good Christian you while actually doing the best job possible to push all the actual good people away from religion.

Everyone I know that thinks along these lines has in their head the one Christian dipstick that came off as self-righteous.  I'm not trying to be that person to you, but people can find all sorts of excuses to point out why they are estranged from the Body of Christ.  Blaming it on Trump is common, but that ignores what Christ's actual words have said.  Of course, when I became a Child of God, I became a brother of Christ and of every other Christian in the World.  I keep my eyes on that.  Some brothers and sisters are better than others, but they're all family.  In my Earthly family (the one you disparage) I have all sorts of people.  Some act better than others, but I've not disowned a one of them.  In the Family of God, I keep my mind on Christ and what He did and does for me.  There are certainly hypocrites in the Church. 

There are hypocrites on this Forum, many of whom have blatantly rejected God and I don't avoid this Forum just because of their presence.  If you believe Jesus Christ is who He says He is, it begs the question of why you'd let your Aunt run you out.  I've had a Pastor who was a crass hypocrite and he hasn't run me out of the Family of God.  (I've left the church he Pastors, but it's not the only Bible-believing church around.)  If your Aunt was enough to run you out of Church, it begs the question as to who you believe Jesus Christ is.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2021, 12:49:26 PM »

I think Fuzzy is a very mixed bag and I view him as a bit of a tragic figure in that he’s - from what I can tell - a good man caught up in something evil (the Trump cult) - but I while I find him very frustrating at times, he definitely means well and comes by his views honestly (misguided though he may be).  That much comes through loud and clear if you take the time to actually have a good-faith conversation with him.  

I think he’s gotten a lot more rigid and dogmatic of late, but I suspect that’s at least partly a reaction to the fact that half of Atlas turns into an angry mob whenever he posts something.  Fuzzy has gotten a lot of undeserved OTT vitriol from certain folks over the years and I can understand how that might leave someone more than a little embittered.  Some of the flack Fuzzy gets is clearly for being a vocal Trump supporter who isn’t shy about expressing his views.  OTOH, some of it is definitely b/c of Fuzzy’s behavior.  There’s really plenty of blame to go around.

I’ll also add that Nix (I think it was him) once observed that Fuzzy has this weird knack for inadvertently exposing some of the worst traits of his most vocal critics and that’s definitely true.  
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2021, 01:01:37 PM »

That much comes through loud and clear if you take the time to actually have a good-faith conversation with him.  I think he’s gotten a lot more rigid and dogmatic of late, but I suspect that’s at least partly a reaction to the fact that half of Atlas turns into an angry mob whenever he posts something.  Fuzzy has gotten a lot of undeserved OTT vitriol from certain folks over the years and I can understand how that might leave someone more than a little embittered. 

I’ll also add that Nix (I think it was him) once observed that Fuzzy has this weird knack for inadvertently exposing some of the worst traits of his most vocal critics and that’s definitely true. 

It absolutely is this cause even in the timeframe where many on here say they thought Fuzzy was good, posters like ProudModerate and red avatar hacks on US Gen Discussion would attack him in a super vicious way and would not even try to understand the points he was making.

Like take immigration for a sense , where many thought Fuzzy was super super right-wing on the issue due to how his debates with ProudModerate and red avatar hacks went but when you actually had a reasonable and fair debate with him , you would realize that wasn't the case at all. He actually was in favor of a pathway to citizenship for many illegal immigrants as long as you have strong border security and remove the incentives for coming here illegally which btw is a position to the left of me.

The fact is these posters though didn't have any interest whatsoever in debating Fuzzy or really any blue avatar and instead want to try to destroy anyone who disagrees with their democratic hack talking points. The difference is the vast majority of this forum is left of center so they sympathized with the posters they viewed on their team and further piled on Fuzzy in a super unfair way. The behavior of these hacks have driven many blue avatars of atlas and onto atlas discord servers

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2021, 01:06:42 PM »

That much comes through loud and clear if you take the time to actually have a good-faith conversation with him.  I think he’s gotten a lot more rigid and dogmatic of late, but I suspect that’s at least partly a reaction to the fact that half of Atlas turns into an angry mob whenever he posts something.  Fuzzy has gotten a lot of undeserved OTT vitriol from certain folks over the years and I can understand how that might leave someone more than a little embittered. 

It absolutely is this cause even in the timeframe where many on here say they thought Fuzzy was good, posters like ProudModerate and red avatar hacks on US Gen Discussion would attack him in a super vicious way and would not even try to understand the points he was making.

Like take immigration for a sense , where many thought Fuzzy was super super right-wing on the issue due to how his debates with ProudModerate and red avatar hacks went but when you actually had a reasonable and fair debate with him , you would realize that wasn't the case at all. He actually was in favor of a pathway to citizenship for many illegal immigrants as long as you have strong border security and remove the incentives for coming here illegally which btw is a position to the left of me.

The fact is these posters though didn't have any interest whatsoever in debating Fuzzy or really any blue avatar and instead want to try to destroy anyone who disagrees with their democratic hack talking points. The difference is the vast majority of this forum is left of center so they sympathized with the posters they viewed on their team and further piled on Fuzzy in a super unfair way. The behavior of these hacks have driven many blue avatars of atlas and onto atlas discord servers

The irony.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2021, 01:08:28 PM »

The irony.

Yes you are one of the posters I am talking about when I say red avatar hacks
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2021, 01:09:29 PM »

The irony.

Yes you are one of the posters I am talking about when I say red avatar hacks

Badge of honor from you.  thanks.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2021, 01:29:57 PM »

FF
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2021, 01:36:24 PM »

Finally, Fuzzy is getting the score he finally deserves after several years of tomfoolery. Amazing it took a coup attempt and Roe dying for it to happen.

I’ve grown exhausted of him over time and his pseudosermons
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2021, 01:55:05 PM »

The biggest problem is how Republican hack posters (including several mods) run to his defense no matter what as some kind of reflexive "own the libs" thing. If y'all would tell him to tone it down when he goes over the line, he might not have ever felt comfortable going all in on things like Great Replacement, #StoptheSteal, "You're sending yourself to Hell by rejecting Jesus," etc. It's like the blue avatars are so "all in" on "Fuzzy is a great man who is unfairly persecuted" that they willfully blind themselves to the awful things that he's been posting the last few years. I bet people right now are rolling their eyes at me, in complete denial that he's done anything resembling that.

Even if they didn't actually succeed in getting him to tone it down, if those posters just didn't deny everything so hard, if people like OSR, etc., could just admit when Fuzzy goes over the line and that people have valid reasons to dislike him, I don't think he would cause so many passions running wild around here.

And I get it. I spent a couple years always coming to his defense, arguing with other red avatars that Fuzzy is a fundamentally good and misunderstood guy, but eventually he was just too abusive (even to people like me who defended him all along), mean-spirited, and venomous to support anymore. He's certainly made me a fool for standing by him for so long, but I'm hardly the only one - lots of posters here have had no choice but to do a 180 on him, as the content of his postings have gone so dark.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2021, 02:39:51 PM »

FF, even if these days I only read the first sentence or two at most of the majority his posts I come across, since a lot of it is arguing about things I'm not interested enough to invest the attention span.

The people who don't like what he says: You do realize you don't have to spend you time reading it, right?  But many of you do like it I think, in the sense that you like to hate it.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2021, 03:14:59 PM »

I apologize for the response.  I saw the green avatar and thought it a ProudModerate2 response.  Serves me right for doing things in haste.  I give you more credit than him.

You are such a liar.

(Regarding Reply #41 in the thread in question: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=462860.msg8257766#msg8257766 )

In your response you stated that Calthrina's comment to you, was exactly like "the insult you (meaning me, PM2) regularly use."
So, you are saying Calthrina's comment was the same kind "of insult," that I would "regularly use" on you.
So how does that jibe with your (now) comment above, about "I give you more credit than him'?

Are you now going to attempt at more, bad-faith, back-peddling?
Blame it on "mistakenly" getting us two mixed-up, as if it's difficult to see the difference between a green Colorado avatar, versus one with a green California avatar?
Maybe blame it, again, on just "doing things in haste"?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2021, 03:38:15 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2021, 03:44:10 PM by Horus »

Anyone who thinks the 2020 (or for that matter 2016) election was stolen is an automatic HP. Quit crying and making excuses, accept your loss, grow up and move on.

He also seems to think he is closer to God than everyone else on the forum which is incredibly egotistical. No human is closer to God than any other human.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2021, 09:03:37 PM »

Despite the fact that we strongly differ on things like Trump and the BLM movement, I've always had a great deal of respect for Fizzy.  He's always treated me with courtesy!

Keep in mind Fuzzy is a strong opponent of the death penalty , and is against the type of sentencing we hand out for drug users . So I’d say he’s pretty liberal on the issue itself , and what he doesn’t like it self was the unrest they caused last summer  plus other things they advocate for other then criminal justice reform
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2021, 11:38:34 PM »

Despite the fact that we strongly differ on things like Trump and the BLM movement, I've always had a great deal of respect for Fizzy.  He's always treated me with courtesy!

Keep in mind Fuzzy is a strong opponent of the death penalty , and is against the type of sentencing we hand out for drug users . So I’d say he’s pretty liberal on the issue itself , and what he doesn’t like it self was the unrest they caused last summer  plus other things they advocate for other then criminal justice reform

Who gives a sh**t? Fuzzy isn't disliked because he's "too conservative on the issues" or something like that. He's disliked because he's a mean-spirited abusive bully, because he spams threads with multi-paragraph soliloquies with the same debunked points he made a few days before as if he forgot the whole discussion, because he constantly disrupts unrelated threads by droning on about Antifa and Black Lives Matter, and because he's now become a 2020 election conspiracy theorist (even though he boasted before the election that he would accept the results no matter what while Biden supporters would spin conspiracy theories if Trump won).
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2021, 11:21:11 AM »

FF
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2021, 01:00:16 PM »

He says what he means. I'd much rather have him on this forum than any of the "nice guy" blue avatars who respond with impenetrable and incomprehensible walls of text when asked to explain what they actually think.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2021, 01:16:30 PM »

Half the time he is a pompous windbag, the rest he is a genuinely interesting and measured poster who is overhated by the peanut gallery. Tbh that ratio is not too bad (plenty of posters here on all ideological sides would kill to have a 50:50 split between decent posts and blah).
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2021, 01:59:00 PM »

Half the time he is a pompous windbag, the rest he is a genuinely interesting and measured poster who is overhated by the peanut gallery. Tbh that ratio is not too bad (plenty of posters here on all ideological sides would kill to have a 50:50 split between decent posts and blah).

I don't dislike him.  I would never put him on ignore like THG, MT, other very right wing posters.  However, when he does discuss his views they are very outside the mainstream and he both sides it.  Like comparing BLM to a literal insurrection.  I guess he's more LOL than HP.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2021, 04:06:42 PM »

Mix of both, like all of us (save for true monsters but hopefully there are none of those on this forum at the moment). I've had unpleasant interactions with him in the past, I disagree with him a lot, but I don't hold any grudge against him and I do believe his Christianity is sincere and that he's not merely a "political" evangelical. Eh, I voted FF in spite of some things he's said.

Also, how many of these threads do we have to have for him? It's getting to "Opinion of BRTD" levels.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2021, 05:17:40 PM »

FF
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend