3 Texans arrested for assaulting NYC restaurant hostess after she asked for proof of vaccination
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 03:11:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  3 Texans arrested for assaulting NYC restaurant hostess after she asked for proof of vaccination
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 3 Texans arrested for assaulting NYC restaurant hostess after she asked for proof of vaccination  (Read 1877 times)
compucomp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2021, 10:42:20 AM »

I am 100% stirring the pot here, but if this piece of the story gets out, boy will there be some whiplash on the positions people take.

Three Texas tourists accused of attacking a hostess at an Upper West Side restaurant over COVID-19 vaccination cards claim they were racially profiled and demand the firing of the hostess, who they say was the aggressor.

“This hostess clearly has some anger management issues and unfortunately her aggression and her violence led to something that three Black women are being punished for,” Texas civil rights lawyer Justin Moore said of the incident Thursday afternoon at Carmine’s.

A lawyer for Carmine’s unequivocally denied the Texas womens’ accusation.

“Any claim that they were racially profiled is a complete fabrication, disingenuous, and outright irresponsible,” said the lawyer, Carolyn Richmond.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-texas-tourists-claim-racial-discrimination-20210918-bzdu2vlx6nf3hpjvrk7u7mqtoy-story.html

Sorry but I highly doubt they were racially profiled.  The hostess has to demand a vaccine card from everyone.  The most likely cause of tension was that, not their race.  If there's an obvious explanation it's probably right.

I agree with you on this, but it will be amusing to watch conservatives and liberals end up with egg on their face and have to clean up their Twitters as they see themselves forced to switch to the opposite side on this incident.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2021, 10:43:03 AM »

I am 100% stirring the pot here, but if this piece of the story gets out, boy will there be some whiplash on the positions people take.

Three Texas tourists accused of attacking a hostess at an Upper West Side restaurant over COVID-19 vaccination cards claim they were racially profiled and demand the firing of the hostess, who they say was the aggressor.

“This hostess clearly has some anger management issues and unfortunately her aggression and her violence led to something that three Black women are being punished for,” Texas civil rights lawyer Justin Moore said of the incident Thursday afternoon at Carmine’s.

“Any claim that they were racially profiled is a complete fabrication, disingenuous, and outright irresponsible,” said the lawyer, Carolyn Richmond.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-texas-tourists-claim-racial-discrimination-20210918-bzdu2vlx6nf3hpjvrk7u7mqtoy-story.html

Sorry but I highly doubt they were racially profiled.  The hostess has to demand a vaccine card from everyone.  The most likely cause of tension was that, not their race.  If there's an obvious explanation it's probably right.

I agree with you on this, but it will be amusing to watch conservatives and liberals end up with egg on their face and have to clean up their Twitters as they see themselves forced to switch to the opposite side on this incident.

That's the best part of partial news stories!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2021, 12:32:42 PM »

I hope those idiots spend a good amount of time behind bars.
Ass*****.

How about these badly behaved folks disturbing diners?  How much time should they do in jail?

Is the amount of time someone does in jail dependent on what side of the political coin you come down on?  Do you have a problem with THESE people and their aggressive behavior?  

I don't have a problem with people receiving consequences for what they do, but the application of that principle on this website is spotty.  It seems to so many that people's identity background and political orientation are the deciding factors in considering who should be charged with a crime and who shouldn't.

If the issue is "How much jail time these people should serve?" (and PM2 has made that the issue; he's set the tone here), then let's deal with the "Compared to who?" question.  That's not whataboutism and it's not derailing; it's putting a current act in the current context where other people engaged in comparable bad behavior and nothing happened to them, nor is anyone here clamoring for anything to happen.

And, no, I won't back down on this.  It's time people who wish to shame people they don't like, politically, be tested for consistency on their principles.  Would they do to their friend what they'd do to their enemy if their friend was in the wrong?  That's a fair question, and a Forum that's up to vigorous discussion of a wide range of issues ought to be willing to test the consistency of principle of ALL its participants, and not just the consistency of the Trump Supporters.

LOL. Are you blind?
There was a physical assault in the OP's video. There is no "comparable bad behavior" in your video. What the f*** is wrong with you.
Your entire premise for debating this is pathetic.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2021, 12:47:34 PM »

If they really refused to show proof of vaccination, they have no leg to stand on. The hostess couldn't legally let them in, regardless of what level of bigotry she has toward blacks.

Now if it turns out something totally different happened (like they did show proof and the hostess didn't accept it because she hates blacks), that would be a fundamental change to the story and obviously we would all have to align our opinions around that.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2021, 12:54:07 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2021, 12:58:11 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

Ass*****.

How about these badly behaved folks disturbing diners?  How much time should they do in jail?

Is the amount of time someone does in jail dependent on what side of the political coin you come down on?  Do you have a problem with THESE people and their aggressive behavior?  

I don't have a problem with people receiving consequences for what they do, but the application of that principle on this website is spotty.  It seems to so many that people's identity background and political orientation are the deciding factors in considering who should be charged with a crime and who shouldn't.

If the issue is "How much jail time these people should serve?" (and PM2 has made that the issue; he's set the tone here), then let's deal with the "Compared to who?" question.  That's not whataboutism and it's not derailing; it's putting a current act in the current context where other people engaged in comparable bad behavior and nothing happened to them, nor is anyone here clamoring for anything to happen.

And, no, I won't back down on this.  It's time people who wish to shame people they don't like, politically, be tested for consistency on their principles.  Would they do to their friend what they'd do to their enemy if their friend was in the wrong?  That's a fair question, and a Forum that's up to vigorous discussion of a wide range of issues ought to be willing to test the consistency of principle of ALL its participants, and not just the consistency of the Trump Supporters.

LOL. Are you blind?
There was a physical assault in the OP's video. There is no "comparable bad behavior" in your video. What the f*** is wrong with you.

So humor me and comment on the threatening, intimidating behavior of BLM.  Their behavior rises to the level of misdemeanor assault under Florida law.  

I'm not defending the Texas Trio at all.  They committed a Battery that was uncalled for.  Whether it's a misdemeanor or a felony is a matter of what NY law says.  But would you be OK if I just sat at your restaurant table, drank from your glass and made threatening statements?  That behavior was deliberately designed to provoke and intimidate and to make law-abiding restaurant patrons feel unsafe, and with good reason.

Comment on that specific point.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2021, 12:56:03 PM »

Ass*****.

And, no, I won't back down on this.  It's time people who wish to shame people they don't like, politically, be tested for consistency on their principles.  Would they do to their friend what they'd do to their enemy if their friend was in the wrong?  That's a fair question, and a Forum that's up to vigorous discussion of a wide range of issues ought to be willing to test the consistency of principle of ALL its participants, and not just the consistency of the Trump Supporters.

LOL. Are you blind?

So humor me and comment on the threatening, intimidating behavior of BLM.  Their behavior rises to the level of misdemeanor assault under Florida law. 

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with BLM.  Why are you using BLM as a punching bag?  I have an idea.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2021, 12:57:55 PM »

The creeping increase in Republican terrorism is pretty frightening.

You didn’t watch the video
They were blacks

"They were blacks"?
What use the plural form ... "blacks"?
Who speaks like this?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2021, 01:01:32 PM »

They were blacks

"They were blacks"?
Who speaks like this?

Exactly.  that post should be moderated/deleted. 
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2021, 01:10:52 PM »

Ass*****.

LOL. Are you blind?

So humor me and comment on the threatening, intimidating behavior of BLM.  Their behavior rises to the level of misdemeanor assault under Florida law. 

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with BLM.  Why are you using BLM as a punching bag?  I have an idea.

He is trying to derail the (a) thread AGAIN with his "BLM" and Antifa hogwash.
Maybe we should report him for this.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2021, 01:12:13 PM »

Ass*****.

LOL. Are you blind?

He is trying to derail the (a) thread AGAIN with his "BLM" and Antifa hogwash.
Maybe we should report him for this.

I don't think this in particular is reportable unless he has some kind of racist intent for bringing BLM into it.  But it's unclear what his intent is.  It might just be to confuse the issue with both sidesism.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2021, 01:15:30 PM »

Ass*****.

LOL. Are you blind?

You asked a question.  I'll give you an answer.

This post making an example of White Texans over the COVID-19 issue.  It's underlying message is something to the effect of how white Texans all suck.  After all, their race and state of origin is the focal point of the video.  And there is the world of virtue signaling.  Just why is the state these people are from relevant?  

The same people who wish to make an example out of these people have, all along, condoned BLM and Antifa, no matter what their crimes and misdeeds.  No matter what hatred THEY spread.  When confronted, people act as if it doesn't exist.

If there had been righteous indignation aroiund here as to the crimes and violence BLM and Antifa wrought last year, I would not have commented on this thread.  It's about people acting like jerks who have earned a trip before the Judge for starters.  I'm fine with that, and there's no excuse for their behavior.  But BLM and Antifa violence has gone excused, and even condoned, by the vast majority here.  You're one of those people, Non Swing Voter.  Show me you can be justifiably critical of those with whom you agree when they behave badly in public.  It's a statement about you if you can't or won't.

Why do I bring this up?  Because many in this Forum wish to make negative examples of ordinary white Americans (especially from Florida or Texas) behaving badly.  Now I'd be fine if we were doing this across the board.  But do we see threads about shootings in Chicago, with a discussion and condemnation of the perpetrators (often caught on camera)?  Do we have poster after poster posting what scum those people are?  I don't seem to see those threads, but I see plenty of these, so I'm going to call people on the bias and challenge them to find fault with people with whom they agree with.

If wrong is wrong only if you are of a particular race, but not of another race, you are building a dysfunctional society.  The people who virtue signal about these people from Texas but can't utter a peep of criticism about BLM and Antifa are some of the authors of this dysfunction.  Perhaps some folks here can actually consider whether or not I'm right about this point.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2021, 01:18:01 PM »

Ass*****.

LOL. Are you blind?

This post making an example of White Texans over the COVID-19 issue.  It's underlying message is something to the effect of how white Texans all suck.  After all, their race and state of origin is the focal point of the video.  And there is the world of virtue signaling.  Just why is the state these people are from relevant?  

The same people who wish to make an example out of these people have, all along, condoned BLM and Antifa, no matter what their crimes and misdeeds.  No matter what hatred THEY spread.  When confronted, people act as if it doesn't exist.

If there had been righteous indignation aroiund here as to the crimes and violence BLM and Antifa wrought last year, I would not have commented on this thread.  It's about people acting like jerks who have earned a trip before the Judge for starters.  I'm fine with that, and there's no excuse for their behavior.  But BLM and Antifa violence has gone excused, and even condoned, by the vast majority here.  You're one of those people, Non Swing Voter.  Show me you can be justifiably critical of those with whom you agree when they behave badly in public.  It's a statement about you if you can't or won't.

Why do I bring this up?  Because many in this Forum wish to make negative examples of ordinary white Americans (especially from Florida or Texas) behaving badly.  Now I'd be fine if we were doing this across the board.  But do we see threads about shootings in Chicago, with a discussion and condemnation of the perpetrators (often caught on camera)?  Do we have poster after poster posting what scum those people are?  I don't seem to see those threads, but I see plenty of these, so I'm going to call people on the bias and challenge them to find fault with people with whom they agree with.

If wrong is wrong only if you are of a particular race, but not of another race, you are building a dysfunctional society.  The people who virtue signal about these people from Texas but can't utter a peep of criticism about BLM and Antifa are some of the authors of this dysfunction.  Perhaps some folks here can actually consider whether or not I'm right about this point.

The entire premise of your post is wrong.  The Texans weren't even white. 
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2021, 01:27:16 PM »

He has lost his marbles.
If you read his other posts today (in other threads), there is something wrong with him.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2021, 01:56:34 PM »

They were blacks

"They were blacks"?
Who speaks like this?
It's opebo-speak, an Atlas tradition. See also "poors", "olds", etc.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2021, 01:58:28 PM »

Ass*****.

LOL. Are you blind?

The entire premise of your post is wrong.  The Texans weren't even white. 

That fact is not clear by the video clip provided.  I have gone to sources where more details were given about the assailants and that appears to be the case.  I have no doubt that you (like me) had to go to another source to find that out.  If you hadn't had to do this, you would have pointed this out a while ago.

None of this changes the issue of failure to provide any criticism of BLM's behavior in public places for political reasons.  This is still an example of politicizing bad behavior; bad for your side, look the other way for my side.  Wrong is wrong.  The riots went on for months because their violence was condoned by a large swath of folks on the Left who denied it as violence.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2021, 02:28:58 PM »

Mods.
Can you please do something about Fuzzy derailing a thread (again, for the 58th time) with "BLM, BLM, BLM." And his repeated calls for people to talk/discuss/debate the "BLM & Antifa" issue in threads that it does NOT belong in, so he can justify his derailing, is getting old.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2021, 02:37:59 PM »

Mods.
Can you please do something about Fuzzy derailing a thread (again, for the 58th time) with "BLM, BLM, BLM." And his repeated calls for people to talk/discuss/debate the "BLM & Antifa" issue in threads that it does NOT belong in, so he can justify his derailing, is getting old.

I'm actually not seeing his ANTIFA stuff, it's mostly BLM.  Now he seems to be implying that the media hid the fact that the assailants were black.  It seems almost racist at this point.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2021, 02:56:39 PM »

Mods.

If we're going to do that, why not cut these threads off at the pass.  They are given to provide seasoning to narratives.  This isn't a significant news story, and it's not really worthy of a thread.  It's there by a Narrative Sower.

If we're going to have these threads, and people are going to tut tut and awfulize the behavior of others (and this behavior was awful, to be sure), than the issue of the silence over the specific perpetrators of Leftist violence in 40 cities needs to be addressed.  People need to answer for that, or their willful failures to respond to the legitimate questions of why we are discussing THESE people but not THOSE rioters of 2020, and why THOSE people go uncondemned.

THAT'S the issue.  People condone on the one hand what BLM does, then scream bloody murder when they awfulize when others do the same thing.  Consistency of application of principle is an issue here.  We need threads like this like a hole in the head.  But if we're going to have them, let's have them to where we can explain why we're condemning THESE people, but not THOSE people who did the same basic thing.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2021, 03:08:45 PM »

Hawk Newsome, the self-appointed BLM leader who supports the Bronx seceding from the United States, has taken up their case. That basically tells me all I need to know. If they were actually racially profiled, they'd be going to acclaimed civil rights lawyers, not this grifter.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2021, 03:13:36 PM »

Mods, I believe that either Fuzzy should be muted for this consistent behavior, OR, any rules regarding name calling/insulting aren’t enforced when used against him. Fuzzy should not be getting a monopoly on making this forum toxic.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2021, 03:47:38 PM »

Mods.

If we're going to do that, why not cut these threads off at the pass.  They are given to provide seasoning to narratives.  This isn't a significant news story, and it's not really worthy of a thread.  It's there by a Narrative Sower.

If we're going to have these threads, and people are going to tut tut and awfulize the behavior of others (and this behavior was awful, to be sure), than the issue of the silence over the specific perpetrators of Leftist violence in 40 cities needs to be addressed.  People need to answer for that, or their willful failures to respond to the legitimate questions of why we are discussing THESE people but not THOSE rioters of 2020, and why THOSE people go uncondemned.

THAT'S the issue.  People condone on the one hand what BLM does, then scream bloody murder when they awfulize when others do the same thing.  Consistency of application of principle is an issue here.  We need threads like this like a hole in the head.  But if we're going to have them, let's have them to where we can explain why we're condemning THESE people, but not THOSE people who did the same basic thing.

Literally no-one brought race into this but you.  The news headline was 3 Texans arrested and the thread title just quoted that.  You are injecting BLM into this, which is totally unrelated. 
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2021, 08:02:28 PM »

This just goes to show how entitled so many Americans are when it comes to dealing with service workers.  Maybe it was about the masks, but it's just another incident in which American shop/restaurant-goers seem unable to handle any situation in which the establishment's staff do not grovel before them.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2021, 08:57:12 AM »

Fuzzy is fundamentally incapable of criticizing his own party without screeching about BUT WHAT IF THIS WAS BLM??!!!!??!

Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies