3 Texans arrested for assaulting NYC restaurant hostess after she asked for proof of vaccination
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:07:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  3 Texans arrested for assaulting NYC restaurant hostess after she asked for proof of vaccination
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: 3 Texans arrested for assaulting NYC restaurant hostess after she asked for proof of vaccination  (Read 1879 times)
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2021, 09:59:47 PM »

Why are we even having a discussion about whether or not these people are Republicans?  lol
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2021, 10:07:08 PM »

There's no proof these people are Republicans. The vaccination rate amongst black people is less than the national average and there's far more black unvaccinateds than black Republicans. And people of all races and politics are prone to be assholes to customer service employees, not usually on this level of course but it's not a partisan or racial thing.

It's like the woman in Iowa convicted of a hate crime against a Hispanic child people were raving about obviously being a Steve King supporter and supposedly pro-life Republican when she doesn't even appear as a registered voter on Iowa's voter rolls. It's obvious what I think of Republicans, (see what I say about entering areas that vote for them) and there's plenty you can pin on them (see January 6, the Proud Boys, etc.) but turning stuff like this into partisan sh!t throwing is really tacky and kind of the equivalent of Fuzzy Bear's constant "But what about Antifa and BLM?!!!" posting.

Why are Republicans defending them all over twitter?

This is the same thing as when people ask me "Who are the liberals wanting the economy permanently shut down".. again its on twitter.

Read twitter sometimes.
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=463643.0
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2021, 10:12:15 PM »

Why are we even having a discussion about whether or not these people are Republicans?  lol

Wow I can't believe I got fooled by this thread title into thinking that for a full day. These sickos have some agenda to otherize those who don't toe the ideological line and pretend there is a silent majority who thinks consistently like them. I'm amazed this even made headlines now. They're lucky they got to use "Texas" as a gotcha. The irony of some of these comments just went through the roof.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2021, 10:14:58 PM »

I sympathize strongly with this lady. As a service employee myself, I know how it's like to deal with abuse and mistreatment by customers. As BRTD noted, individuals of any race, gender, party, religion, or belief system can and do treat service employees in an absolutely horrendous way. Hopefully these three face the full legal consequences for what they did.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2021, 10:15:57 PM »

Why are we even having a discussion about whether or not these people are Republicans?  lol

Wow I can't believe I got fooled by this thread title into thinking that for a full day. These sickos have some agenda to otherize those who don't toe the ideological line and pretend there is a silent majority who thinks consistently like them. I'm amazed this even made headlines now. They're lucky they got to use "Texas" as a gotcha. The irony of some of these comments just went through the roof.

Around 8 to 12% of blacks did vote for Trump.

And many Republican commenters on twitter and facebook are condoning the actions of these black republicans.

granted, there may be another side to the story but I highly doubt it would justify the violence.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2021, 10:17:38 PM »

Why are we even having a discussion about whether or not these people are Republicans?  lol

And many Republican commenters on twitter and facebook are condoning the actions of these black republicans.

granted, there may be another side to the story but I highly doubt it would justify the violence.

An unrepresentative sliver of conservatives ***on Twitter*** condoning this =/= the Black people in the video actually being Republicans?  lol
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2021, 10:18:34 PM »

An unrepresentative sliver of Republicans *on Twitter* condoning this =/= the Black people in the video actually being Republicans?  lol

I mean you defended the assault as well lol.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2021, 10:21:51 PM »

There should be absolutely no stigma to wearing a mask or requiring vaccines. None at all.

This is an entirely different issue from what I fought with the left about last year and well into the spring about whether or not schools or businesses should be closed. In that case, it was not logical nor realistic and I felt like they had an agenda. If they wanted to end capitalism, they should have just said it.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2021, 10:32:27 PM »

Apparently Blaxicans trend Republican according to Atlas.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2021, 10:34:28 PM »

it really is peak Atlas to hear "assaulted someone after they demanded vaccine proof" and go "they must be Republican no matter what!".
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2021, 10:47:25 PM »

I included “Texans” in the title because I thought them being out-of-state residents was relevant, I didn’t expect this to turn into “can Black people be Republican” lol
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2021, 11:34:51 PM »

Do you have the DRA precinct data to prove it?
Yoda
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2021, 01:13:58 PM »

it really is peak Atlas to hear "assaulted someone after they demanded vaccine proof" and go "they must be Republican no matter what!".

I highly doubt that the mental connection/word association between "assaulted someone who asked for vaccine proof" and "republican" - a party that makes no secret of it's belief that vaccine mandates are the modern-day equivalent of slavery and the Holocaust - is a thing that's exclusive to Atlas.

Even if it turned out to not be the case in this instance, I think that the vast majority of Americans would assume these people to be republicans or would guess as much if they were asked.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2021, 01:16:09 PM »

I actually live in a jurisdiction with a public vaccine mandate (New Orleans) and, so far, I've been very unhappy with its implementation.  Hosts and servers at restaurants seem more keen to enforce them on people who obviously look like out-of-towners or the political "other."  

These three Texans came to New York ostensibly aware of its vaccine requirements.  Violence of this sort is never acceptable, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't something more to this story.  
Difference is, New Yorkers hate other New Yorkers.

What a shock, a part of the country known for hating outsiders is more likely to do something like this. However, as we all know, NYC is not the deep south and tends not to uphold hatred of 'outsiders' as part of their identity.

Umm, clearly someone who's never spent much time in New York.....this is all New Yorkers do and then complain asking why everyone else hates them so much. You'd be hard-pressed to find a more resentful place. This ain't San Francisco or something.

As I made my thoughts known on Discord, I have zero tolerance for people who treat service employees wrong, and my blood would be boiling over if I had to see this going on in front of me.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2021, 01:39:20 PM »

I highly doubt that the mental connection/word association between "assaulted someone who asked for vaccine proof" and "republican" - a party that makes no secret of it's belief that vaccine mandates are the modern-day equivalent of slavery and the Holocaust - is a thing that's exclusive to Atlas.

Even if it turned out to not be the case in this instance, I think that the vast majority of Americans would assume these people to be republicans or would guess as much if they were asked.
I suppose I should have been more specific. Normal Americans would stereotype on basis of description. 'Texans' ok, Republicans. 'assaulted someone on basis of demanding vax passport' ok, Republicans. 'black' ok, Democrat.
So it would depend on what you would use as terminology.
Atlas thinks differently. Normal USGD Atlas poster, on basis of enough info that they think is enough to make a decision, dogmatically sticks to X conclusion and then makes up things if necessary to justify said conclusion, unless that no longer becomes tenable anymore.
And the things that were said to justify the completely unsupported claim that these people were Republicans, are indeed peak Atlas.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2021, 03:53:30 PM »

Medical misinformation in the black community thanks to previous government eugenics is a real tragedy.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2021, 09:12:29 PM »

I hope those idiots spend a good amount of time behind bars.
Ass*****.

How about these badly behaved folks disturbing diners?  How much time should they do in jail?

Is the amount of time someone does in jail dependent on what side of the political coin you come down on?  Do you have a problem with THESE people and their aggressive behavior?  

I don't have a problem with people receiving consequences for what they do, but the application of that principle on this website is spotty.  It seems to so many that people's identity background and political orientation are the deciding factors in considering who should be charged with a crime and who shouldn't.

If the issue is "How much jail time these people should serve?" (and PM2 has made that the issue; he's set the tone here), then let's deal with the "Compared to who?" question.  That's not whataboutism and it's not derailing; it's putting a current act in the current context where other people engaged in comparable bad behavior and nothing happened to them, nor is anyone here clamoring for anything to happen.

And, no, I won't back down on this.  It's time people who wish to shame people they don't like, politically, be tested for consistency on their principles.  Would they do to their friend what they'd do to their enemy if their friend was in the wrong?  That's a fair question, and a Forum that's up to vigorous discussion of a wide range of issues ought to be willing to test the consistency of principle of ALL its participants, and not just the consistency of the Trump Supporters.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2021, 09:23:34 PM »

Even if they had MAGA hats on he'd make the same argument.  The GOP playbook is just deny the obvious.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2021, 09:35:03 PM »

Even if they had MAGA hats on he'd make the same argument.  The GOP playbook is just deny the obvious.

The Republicans I know respect hard work and would not take kindly to someone giving a working person a hard time for a political agenda, whatever it is.

I certainly wouldn't look kindly on people coming into an establishment and hassling/threatening the staff, or worse.  I've been a restaurant employee (albeit very part time) within the last 4 years, and all of my family has worked in the business at one time or another.  So how about it?  Is it OK for BLM to harass and threaten ordinary diners?

I want to know if what's good for the goose is good for the gander on this issue.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2021, 09:35:45 PM »

what a bunch of pricks
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2021, 09:38:59 PM »

The Republicans I know respect hard work and would not take kindly to someone giving a working person a hard time for a political agenda, whatever it is.

I certainly wouldn't look kindly on people coming into an establishment and hassling/threatening the staff, or worse.  I've been a restaurant employee (albeit very part time) within the last 4 years, and all of my family has worked in the business at one time or another.  So how about it?  Is it OK for BLM to harass and threaten ordinary diners?

I want to know if what's good for the goose is good for the gander on this issue.

Your party rioted on the US capitol, you have no moral high ground on this issue or anything even remotely tangential to it.  have a nice day.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2021, 06:00:32 AM »
« Edited: September 19, 2021, 06:06:54 AM by Fuzzy Bear »

Even if they had MAGA hats on he'd make the same argument.  The GOP playbook is just deny the obvious.

I certainly wouldn't look kindly on people coming into an establishment and hassling/threatening the staff, or worse.  I've been a restaurant employee (albeit very part time) within the last 4 years, and all of my family has worked in the business at one time or another.  So how about it?  Is it OK for BLM to harass and threaten ordinary diners?

Your party rioted on the US capitol, you have no moral high ground on this issue or anything even remotely tangential to it.  have a nice day.

Do two wrongs make a right?  Why not answer for "your side"?  If we go down your path, the bulk of looting, violence, and death is far, far greater on "your side".  

So, yes, perhaps it is time for you to speak up.  J6 was wrong.  So were the months of violence, rioting, looting, and burning in over 40 American cities.  One (1) day versus seven months.  Some perspective is needed here.  

People here start threads all the time about "White People Behaving Badly" but object when there is a video of BLM behaving badly.  Why?  Is this forum to be a place for unobstructed demonization of white persons?  That's the point of threads like this; to show how terrible white people are.  It's not the act itself, because if it were, BLM's activity at the restaurant in St. Petersburg (for example) would be roundly condemned by all, regardless of viewpoint, because that sort of behavior is flat out wrong (and criminal, if only at at misdemeanor level).  

I suggest that if people can't find it in their heart to offer meaningful criticism of the rioters of last year in multiple American cities, they should refrain from starting these sort of threads and let the justice system work its will.  And if these folks who caused mayhem by their allegedly criminal acts are released without bail and go back to Texas, never to face charges, at that point I will help you reexamine your support of New York State's abolition of cash bail for most offenses.  I will also ask Manhattan DA Cy Vance why these peoples' charges haven't been dismissed when he dismissed charges against thousands of looters.  That, too, would be a fair question.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2021, 10:08:32 AM »

Even if they had MAGA hats on he'd make the same argument.  The GOP playbook is just deny the obvious.

I certainly wouldn't look kindly on people coming into an establishment and hassling/threatening the staff, or worse.  I've been a restaurant employee (albeit very part time) within the last 4 years, and all of my family has worked in the business at one time or another.  So how about it?  Is it OK for BLM to harass and threaten ordinary diners?

Your party rioted on the US capitol, you have no moral high ground on this issue or anything even remotely tangential to it.  have a nice day.

Do two wrongs make a right?  Why not answer for "your side"?  If we go down your path, the bulk of looting, violence, and death is far, far greater on "your side".  

So, yes, perhaps it is time for you to speak up.  J6 was wrong.  So were the months of violence, rioting, looting, and burning in over 40 American cities.  One (1) day versus seven months.  Some perspective is needed here.  

People here start threads all the time about "White People Behaving Badly" but object when there is a video of BLM behaving badly.  Why?  Is this forum to be a place for unobstructed demonization of white persons?  That's the point of threads like this; to show how terrible white people are.  It's not the act itself, because if it were, BLM's activity at the restaurant in St. Petersburg (for example) would be roundly condemned by all, regardless of viewpoint, because that sort of behavior is flat out wrong (and criminal, if only at at misdemeanor level).  

I suggest that if people can't find it in their heart to offer meaningful criticism of the rioters of last year in multiple American cities, they should refrain from starting these sort of threads and let the justice system work its will.  And if these folks who caused mayhem by their allegedly criminal acts are released without bail and go back to Texas, never to face charges, at that point I will help you reexamine your support of New York State's abolition of cash bail for most offenses.  I will also ask Manhattan DA Cy Vance why these peoples' charges haven't been dismissed when he dismissed charges against thousands of looters.  That, too, would be a fair question.

Not even close to true.  Even at the BLM riots the death and violence was mostly from your side.  Remember Kyle Rittenhouse? 
compucomp

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2021, 10:31:31 AM »

I am 100% stirring the pot here, but if this piece of the story gets out, boy will there be some whiplash on the positions people take.

Three Texas tourists accused of attacking a hostess at an Upper West Side restaurant over COVID-19 vaccination cards claim they were racially profiled and demand the firing of the hostess, who they say was the aggressor.

“This hostess clearly has some anger management issues and unfortunately her aggression and her violence led to something that three Black women are being punished for,” Texas civil rights lawyer Justin Moore said of the incident Thursday afternoon at Carmine’s.

A lawyer for Carmine’s unequivocally denied the Texas womens’ accusation.

“Any claim that they were racially profiled is a complete fabrication, disingenuous, and outright irresponsible,” said the lawyer, Carolyn Richmond.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-texas-tourists-claim-racial-discrimination-20210918-bzdu2vlx6nf3hpjvrk7u7mqtoy-story.html
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2021, 10:35:17 AM »

I am 100% stirring the pot here, but if this piece of the story gets out, boy will there be some whiplash on the positions people take.

Three Texas tourists accused of attacking a hostess at an Upper West Side restaurant over COVID-19 vaccination cards claim they were racially profiled and demand the firing of the hostess, who they say was the aggressor.

“This hostess clearly has some anger management issues and unfortunately her aggression and her violence led to something that three Black women are being punished for,” Texas civil rights lawyer Justin Moore said of the incident Thursday afternoon at Carmine’s.

A lawyer for Carmine’s unequivocally denied the Texas womens’ accusation.

“Any claim that they were racially profiled is a complete fabrication, disingenuous, and outright irresponsible,” said the lawyer, Carolyn Richmond.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-texas-tourists-claim-racial-discrimination-20210918-bzdu2vlx6nf3hpjvrk7u7mqtoy-story.html

Sorry but I highly doubt they were racially profiled.  The hostess has to demand a vaccine card from everyone.  The most likely cause of tension was that, not their race.  If there's an obvious explanation it's probably right.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies