Would you be willing to date someone who’s bisexual?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:28:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you be willing to date someone who’s bisexual?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes, but I’m bisexual

Yes, and I’m not bisexual

No

No, but I’m asexual so I wouldn’t date anybody

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 92

Author Topic: Would you be willing to date someone who’s bisexual?  (Read 1073 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 18, 2021, 12:19:38 AM »

Would you be willing to date someone who is bisexual?
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 12:36:10 AM »

My last ex said she was bi and that she kissed a girl once.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 03:55:40 AM »

Yeah sure, why not. I can't really see any reason why I wouldn't
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 06:48:42 AM »

Most women below a certain age like to think they are bisexual, so yeah, of course, unless I want to limit myself to (mostly) uncool prudes.

<of course I'm married, so this is all moot for me....my wife (actually both my wives) claim to be bisexuals>
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 05:21:23 PM »

No, at least not someone who had had homosexual sex and hadn't repented of it to follow Jesus.  I think as a personal preference, I wouldn't really want to date an ex-lesbian, though.  I've done a couple Instagram story polls on this (I've probably asked close to 100 polls on dating over the past several months):

31% would date someone who was bisexual (almost exclusively non-evangelicals who I know from college)

29% would date someone who identified as a "former homosexual" (this one was actually a mix of evangelicals and non-evangelicals, as some evangelicals said they would be willing if the other person completely repented of it and followed Jesus)

I don't actually know a single non-heterosexual person in real life, though (apart from maybe people I went to college with but haven't talked to in many years).
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2021, 09:10:39 PM »

I'm actively unsettled when straight people are attracted to me, so yes, I would.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2021, 09:36:30 PM »

LOL this thread is going to be a huge trigger for blue avatars.  I approve.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2021, 10:17:01 PM »

No, at least not someone who had had homosexual sex and hadn't repented of it to follow Jesus.  I think as a personal preference, I wouldn't really want to date an ex-lesbian, though.  I've done a couple Instagram story polls on this (I've probably asked close to 100 polls on dating over the past several months):

31% would date someone who was bisexual (almost exclusively non-evangelicals who I know from college)

29% would date someone who identified as a "former homosexual" (this one was actually a mix of evangelicals and non-evangelicals, as some evangelicals said they would be willing if the other person completely repented of it and followed Jesus)

I don't actually know a single non-heterosexual person in real life, though (apart from maybe people I went to college with but haven't talked to in many years).

Do you hold the same standard to people who’ve had premarital sex? What about your evangelical friends?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2021, 10:19:34 PM »

Yes. In fact, considering I'm trans, I don't know if I'm allowed to date people who aren't bisexual (at least, cisgender people who aren't bisexual). Between the fact that nobody will ever see me as a woman and my own gripe about wanting my partner to at least pretend to see me as a woman, dating a bi woman seems to be the easiest pathway, and even then I'd still be cartoonishly paranoid that she sees me as a man because I mean, come on, who wouldn't see me as a man?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2021, 10:22:10 PM »

Yes. In fact, considering I'm trans, I don't know if I'm allowed to date people who aren't bisexual (at least, cisgender people who aren't bisexual). Between the fact that nobody will ever see me as a woman and my own gripe about wanting my partner to at least pretend to see me as a woman, dating a bi woman seems to be the easiest pathway, and even then I'd still be cartoonishly paranoid that she sees me as a man because I mean, come on, who wouldn't see me as a man?

what do you base this on?  a few nasty homophobic blue avatars?  I hope not.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2021, 11:10:10 PM »

Between the fact that nobody will ever see me as a woman

what do you base this on?  a few nasty homophobic blue avatars?  I hope not.
No, I base it on reality. I look in the mirror and I don't see a woman, and if I can't see myself as a woman, then nobody can. It doesn't help that people have called me "sir" many times, despite having (visible) breasts.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2021, 11:12:11 PM »

Do you hold the same standard to people who’ve had premarital sex? What about your evangelical friends?

I would personally prefer to ideally date a virgin, but I'd be more likely to date someone who had premarital heterosexual sex, repented of that, and WANTED to wait until marriage with me (not just accepted it because I insisted).  As for why my answers are different, that's just a personal preference.  Still, my ideal woman would be a virgin on our Wedding Day.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2021, 12:11:37 AM »

Of course. What would a relationship be without shipping all of our favorite characters every which way?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2021, 12:15:48 AM »

I suspect many of those (usually straight cisgender men) voting 'yes' to dating bisexual women have hopes and visions of ménage à trois on their minds.  
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2021, 01:01:02 AM »

Lol ExtremeRepublican thinks he doesn't know any gay/bi people. That's literally like 5-10% of the population
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2021, 03:27:02 AM »

My husband had a girlfriend for five years. He wouldn't consider himself bisexual, but he has had much more varied experiences than I have. I don't see why that should be a problem for anyone.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2021, 04:01:44 PM »

I already have (gay, 20-something, normal).
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2021, 05:05:14 PM »

Yes, already have (voted option 2). She has not repented of it to follow Jesus either.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2021, 07:47:40 PM »

I actually didn’t know any non-heterosexual people until I went to university. And I’m pretty similar to ER in terms of beliefs and somewhat in terms of upbringing.

However, I’m almost certain that at-least a few people in my high school were non-heterosexuals and that I never found out.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2021, 09:28:03 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2021, 01:23:55 PM by Crumpets »

Seeing as most of the people to express any sort of interest in me have been bisexual, the most recent person I kissed is bisexual, and the person I'd put at the top of my "people I'm most likely to date who I already know" list is bisexual, yes. I imagine there's a higher chance I'd end up marrying someone who's bisexual than not.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2021, 09:45:03 PM »

Sure, heck, as long as she's not jealous and we're committed, it'd make for good movie nights. We can laugh at each other's bad attempts to check out others too.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2021, 09:10:23 AM »

Of course, why would that matter?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies