LGC 3.3 - Dissolution of the Lincoln General Court
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:44:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LGC 3.3 - Dissolution of the Lincoln General Court
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LGC 3.3 - Dissolution of the Lincoln General Court  (Read 614 times)
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 15, 2021, 03:34:38 PM »

AN ACT
To dissolve the Lincoln General Court

1. Motivation
a. The Lincoln General Court no longer represents the will of the people of Lincoln.

2. Action
a. With the support of Governor Dave and Speaker Crane, the legislature is dissolved with immediate effect. As an executive branch order, this bill requires no Court approval.

Henceforth, be it enacted.

At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 03:44:17 PM »

Lmao

Just accept the will of your new supermajority under the Wulflord.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 03:50:46 PM »

Lmao

Just accept the will of your new supermajority under the Wulflord.

Mr. Governor, I request that you go back to the other side of the Mason-Dixon Line where you belong, this situation is being handled.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 04:29:05 PM »

Execute Order 66.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 05:42:36 PM »

As the special presiding officer I do not recognize this as valid.

- The SOAP is clear that LGC 3.2, to remove and replace the Speaker, takes precedence over all other business. Thus it follows that the Court cannot do anything else until it takes action on LGC 3.2 .
- The SOAP is clear that you are not the presiding officer while you are being terminated. The Governor is required to designate another Deputy to preside, and has designated myself. Thus it follows that you have no power during this time, and can therefore not even post this thread. And this assumes you still even have the title of Speaker which is dubious given earlier actions.
- This was not posted in the introduction thread before getting a debate thread
- You've produced no evidence the Governor supports this and he has not posted anything. The Speaker does not play any role in executive orders under the Lincoln Constitution.
- There is no provision of the Lincoln Constitution that allows anyone or any body to dissolve the GC. The provision that previously contemplated such an action was removed when the Philadelphia Plan was repealed.

I further note the Federal AG's dismissal of your claims, and note that Lincoln remains a legal Part of Atlasia until a formal secession procedure is completed under the terms of the Atlasian Constitution.

Therefore I rule this motion/bill out of order and we will continue considering LGC 3.2.

For sake of time I invoke a point of order against the action I just took, and overrule said point of order. Let me know if you want an appeal vote of the GC. Otherwise I shall not devote any further attention to this irrelevant thread.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 05:57:48 PM »

As the special presiding officer I do not recognize this as valid.

- The SOAP is clear that LGC 3.2, to remove and replace the Speaker, takes precedence over all other business. Thus it follows that the Court cannot do anything else until it takes action on LGC 3.2 .
- The SOAP is clear that you are not the presiding officer while you are being terminated. The Governor is required to designate another Deputy to preside, and has designated myself. Thus it follows that you have no power during this time, and can therefore not even post this thread. And this assumes you still even have the title of Speaker which is dubious given earlier actions.
- This was not posted in the introduction thread before getting a debate thread
- You've produced no evidence the Governor supports this and he has not posted anything. The Speaker does not play any role in executive orders under the Lincoln Constitution.
- There is no provision of the Lincoln Constitution that allows anyone or any body to dissolve the GC. The provision that previously contemplated such an action was removed when the Philadelphia Plan was repealed.

I further note the Federal AG's dismissal of your claims, and note that Lincoln remains a legal Part of Atlasia until a formal secession procedure is completed under the terms of the Atlasian Constitution.

Therefore I rule this motion/bill out of order and we will continue considering LGC 3.2.

For sake of time I invoke a point of order against the action I just took, and overrule said point of order. Let me know if you want an appeal vote of the GC. Otherwise I shall not devote any further attention to this irrelevant thread.
COPE
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2021, 01:45:08 PM »

Withdrawn for now.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »