Why the CA-Recall results are bad for Democrats.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:04:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Why the CA-Recall results are bad for Democrats.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Why the CA-Recall results are bad for Democrats.  (Read 3806 times)
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2021, 07:02:34 PM »

Republicans only need 5 Seats to take the House so yes for once Harry Enten is right here! And they will get those 5 Seats purely through Redistricting. No wonder Democrats want a Federal Takeover of Election to push their liberal Agenda through!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2021, 07:11:35 PM »

Republicans only need 5 Seats to take the House so yes for once Harry Enten is right here! And they will get those 5 Seats purely through Redistricting. No wonder Democrats want a Federal Takeover of Election to push their liberal Agenda through!

The forecast for redistricting now has them only gaining 1-2 seats through redistricting. They will be guaranteed to lose at least 5 seats through redistricting and that is about what they will make up through their own efforts. At best they break even going into the election and they will end up being heavily reliant on holding and flipping Biden districts. Not as easy as it sounds.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2021, 07:26:42 PM »

The forecast for redistricting now has them only gaining 1-2 seats through redistricting. They will be guaranteed to lose at least 5 seats through redistricting and that is about what they will make up through their own efforts. At best they break even going into the election and they will end up being heavily reliant on holding and flipping Biden districts. Not as easy as it sounds.
There are also some Districts which Trump won in 2020 where a Democrat currently sits in the District. Don't forget that! And if Biden does have a similar JA like his former boss Obama GOP will retake the House no matter what!
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2021, 12:55:58 PM »

There are also some Districts which Trump won in 2020 where a Democrat currently sits in the District. Don't forget that! And if Biden does have a similar JA like his former boss Obama GOP will retake the House no matter what!

There were more swing voters then.  This CA election shows that partisan makeup of the districts is key.  And there are more GOPers in Biden districts than the reverse.  That could change marginally based on redistricting but it's not looking like it's going to change much if Indiana and a few other states are any indication.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2021, 12:39:23 PM »

Lol I could tell this was a Woodbury thread immediately.

Woodbury says Newsom underpreformed Biden in OC, but considering he almost lost that county in 2018 shows something.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2021, 09:41:27 PM »

Woodbury says Newsom underpreformed Biden in OC, but considering he almost lost that county in 2018 shows something.

I still don't get why the blue avatars are comparing Newsom to Biden rather than, I dunno... NEWSOM TO NEWSOM.  Don't we hear here all the time that local elections are different than federal ones?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2021, 11:55:34 PM »

I still don't get why the blue avatars are comparing Newsom to Biden rather than, I dunno... NEWSOM TO NEWSOM.  Don't we hear here all the time that local elections are different than federal ones?

Losing Orange County by any margin in a gubernatorial election is embarrassing for Republicans. This is a horrible result for Republicans.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2021, 08:48:26 AM »

Losing Orange County by any margin in a gubernatorial election is embarrassing for Republicans. This is a horrible result for Republicans.

This is the new norm.  Bush beat Gore in Fairfax County Virginia.  The just barely lost it in 2004.  Since then the margins against Republicans have been LOL.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2021, 10:31:03 AM »

After CV and the Inland results, I think we are safe to say that these results were quite pathetic for democrats. Especially San Bernardino County where Biden won by double digits.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2021, 11:21:16 AM »

After CV and the Inland results, I think we are safe to say that these results were quite pathetic for democrats. Especially San Bernardino County where Biden won by double digits.

Is "here's why the No landslide is bad for Democrats" the new "here's how Bernie can still win"?
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2021, 11:40:58 AM »

Thanks for the reminder!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2021, 11:45:34 AM »

The Central Valley and Inland Empire have a lot of lower turnout minorities who show up only in presidential years. That means that the more Republican areas of the counties weigh heavier in off years. And these results were much better than what Democrats have previously achieved in off years or midterms.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2021, 01:13:46 PM »

For any Republican to lose Orange County or not get 35% in Los Angeles county is beyond pathetic.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2021, 04:38:55 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2021, 06:32:38 PM by "?" »

Non-Californians analyzing California elections is fast becoming my favorite comedy bit on this board.

Bonus points when they don't even bother comparing it to previous midterm/off-year elections
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2021, 06:11:17 PM »

Non-Californians analyzing California elections is fast becoming my favorite comedy bit on here.

Bonus points when they don't even bother comparing it to previous midterm/off-year elections

They're reaching in ways that Elastigirl can't even compete with.
Leroy McPherson fan
Leroymcphersonfan
United States

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2021, 08:37:32 PM »

Recall ALL demoncrats
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2021, 11:20:41 AM »

Non-Californians analyzing California elections is fast becoming my favorite comedy bit on this board.

Honestly.
krb08
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: -7.74

« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2021, 01:49:23 PM »

They're bad for CA Democrats because they have to keep dealing with Gavin f**king Newsom while Larry Elder, the worst replacement candidate, received almost a majority of the vote.

This is what happens when you choose Yes for Question 1 and leave Question 2 blank.

This is the real bad news. Elder padded Newsom’s margin, and because he won by a lot, he’s less likely to change course (and there will be less external pressure on him to do so).

Newsom is a bad Governor in need of humbling or a primary. The recall made both of these things less likely.

He's one of the best governors in the country, actually

He has a strong, deserved mandate from Californians and it isn't going away.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2021, 05:48:12 PM »

If you want your party to keep humiliating itself and wasting taxpayer dollars, go ahead.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies