Has your opinion of Joe Biden changed since he became President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:33:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Has your opinion of Joe Biden changed since he became President
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Has your opinion of Joe Biden changed since he became President  (Read 1972 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 14, 2021, 12:59:54 PM »

For me definitely as while I kinda expected him to be to the left of Obama I did not expect him to be this left, this incompetent and also decide shatter more norms.

So yah its definitely gone down
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 02:12:33 PM »

No, massive FF then, massive FF now.

I didn't like how the Afghanistan exit was done and wish he'd already signed more major legislation into law, but overall he has done a great job and is exactly the right person needed now.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 02:55:09 PM »

Was already pretty high, but just growing and growing. I'm a fan
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 03:25:59 PM »

Was already pretty high, but just growing and growing. I'm a fan
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 06:49:25 PM »

Nope.

Parts have shifted here and there, but it's still not on the same level as Nixon, and that's a problem.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 06:55:56 PM »

He's not as hawkish as I was expecting but this whole thing about the media cutting off him answering questions is concerning. I also wish he'd keep inflation in check but I understand there's a lot of factors going on because of the pandemic that he's not in control over.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 05:26:36 AM »

Meh, no change I guess.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 07:41:25 AM »

more negative, by a fair amount.  Everything isn't infrastructure and I was hoping his pledge to spend 83 gabjillion dollars was just to get greedy dummies to vote for him, but alas....he seems to be trying to test the current (ignorant) theory that federal debt doesn't matter, no matter how big it gets.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2021, 09:01:08 AM »

Yes, it's gotten better. He has exceeded my expectations in pretty much everything but immigration, which I hoped he would be a bit more liberal on.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2021, 09:18:02 AM »

Nope.

Parts have shifted here and there, but it's still not on the same level as Nixon, and that's a problem.

You're right, he's on a much better level than that criminal evil-doer.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2021, 10:14:27 AM »

Of course it did, he started Pandemic UBI payments and now he became Scrooge and won't give out anymore, as well as the 300 Unemployment

He can certainly give out 1 more 1400 check to only the people that need it

Bernie, Warren and To Khanna already said they support another stimulus check
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2021, 10:38:11 AM »

No.  I still think he's got the onset of dementia and it is getting worse.  His policies are horrible, as expected.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2021, 10:55:09 AM »

My opinion of Biden has become somewhat more negative since he became President, although he's still much better than Trump (although that's a low bar, obviously). I strongly disapprove of how he handled our withdrawal from Afghanistan, and I think that his coronavirus strategies have become more disjointed over the past few months, compared to how they were earlier this year. My concerns about his mental alertness have also increased.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2021, 02:18:12 PM »

Not really overall. I was expecting him to be this incompetent, though he has governed to the left economically of where I was expecting. He was also less hawkish than I was expecting, as I was expecting him to be more hawkish than Trump
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2021, 02:47:36 PM »

It's gone quite down because of the Afghanistan debacle and his refugee policy, being too strict, but it's still positive overall
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2021, 03:45:34 PM »

Not much, maybe it’s slightly increased.  I’ve always liked him.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2021, 11:13:13 PM »

No, for me there has been no reason yet to change my opinion of Biden. There has obviously not been a vacancy on the Supreme Court yet, and the Commission on Judicial Reform has not yet published any recommendations for how to reform the Supreme Court, and of course Biden won't be saying anything about which recommendations he agrees with and which he doesn't until the Commission does come out with something. The Commission's first public meeting was on May 19, and their deadline for when to publish their report is 180 days after that first meeting; so we likely won't hear anything until mid-November.

I've just submitted a comment of my own to the Commission.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2021, 11:27:14 PM »

He has fallen below my expectations.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2021, 09:04:07 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2021, 09:08:47 PM by Freethinker Tom Rice »

He went from “idiotic senile typical establishment politician” pre-presidency to one of the most disastrous and embarrassing presidents America has ever seen.

So yeah, it’s gone down a lot. I never liked him nor did I ever consider voting for him, but I would never expect him to be quite such a pathetic leader. He isn’t merely incompetent, but genuinely is actively trying to destroy this nation more than I ever expected him to.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2021, 03:04:35 AM »

He went from “idiotic senile typical establishment politician” pre-presidency to one of the most disastrous and embarrassing presidents America has ever seen.

So yeah, it’s gone down a lot. I never liked him nor did I ever consider voting for him, but I would never expect him to be quite such a pathetic leader. He isn’t merely incompetent, but genuinely is actively trying to destroy this nation more than I ever expected him to.

Translation: I thought Biden would be a harmless weak centrist who wouldn't try to pass anything he promised because I was told by the right wing media I consume that he's senile and incompetent (we love projecting our dear leader's weakness on others). Now he's actually doing things, passing legislation and is being decisive and home and abroad, something my party's president couldn't do! So I hate him more now!
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2021, 03:09:34 AM »

Translation: I thought Biden would be a harmless weak centrist who wouldn't try to pass anything he promised because I was told by the right wing media I consume that he's senile and incompetent (we love projecting our dear leader's weakness on others). Now he's actually doing things, passing legislation and is being decisive and home and abroad, something my party's president couldn't do! So I hate him more now!

He hasn’t been able to pass anything through Congress outside of a stimulus bill in March, 6 months ago.

He only issues horrible and unconstitutional EO’s and prays that they don’t get struck down in court, while mishandling virtually everything like the inept lummox he is.

Also is killing an innocent family in a drone strike for PR “being decisive”? Lol.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2021, 03:19:48 AM »

He hasn’t been able to pass anything through Congress outside of a stimulus bill in March, 6 months ago.

He only issues horrible and unconstitutional EO’s and prays that they don’t get struck down in court, while mishandling virtually everything like the inept lummox he is.

Also is killing an innocent family in a drone strike for PR “being decisive”? Lol.

Can't hear you over the much more successful efforts to pass infrastructure than the incompetent Trump administration and with a far smaller congressional majority, the stability in the White House, the improving standing abroad, the decisive vaccination policy and of course your hypocrisy of supporting an incompetent President who couldn't even pass a basic healthcare bill agreed on by his party, whose every attempt at passing policy failed because of pure incompetence except a basic tax cut for the rich, who made you a laughingstock abroad and who tried to destroy your country's democracy and commit a coup. But please keep trying to project it on Biden, who's leading a very competent administration and dealing with everything much better than the media expects him to time after time.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2021, 03:33:14 AM »
« Edited: September 18, 2021, 05:24:41 AM by Dr. MB »

Best president of my lifetime

Not a high bar but I’m decently impressed so far. The thing he’s been criticized the most for (withdrawing from Afghanistan) is probably the best thing he’s done.

My opinion hasn’t really changed since January though.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2021, 12:21:42 PM »

I think from January until July, immigration aside, this administration was off to a good start. They hit the ground running in ways that no other administration of my lifetime did in its first 6 months. Once the withdrawal from Afghanistan happened, which was the right decision even if the execution of said withdrawal could've ceratainly been done better, all the wind was taken out of their sails, and thanks to repeated ball dropping with regard to Afghanistan was well as continued handling of centirsts Sinema and Manchin and with regard to the infrastructure bill, leftists like Sanders and AOC with kid gloves, the sails of this administration likely won't get any wind back for at least the rest of this year.

I support a majority of the policies this administration is pushing and support a majority of what has been accomplished and thus, still have a positive opinion of Biden, that said if they don't move past the set backs of the last month and hit the ground running again, 2022 and possibly 2024 aren't gonna be pretty, and if the GOP pulls through in 2024, our Democratic Republic might not survive.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2021, 01:59:14 PM »

No change, he’s done nothing that sets him apart from any other possible Democratic nominee.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies