Has your opinion of Joe Biden changed since he became President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:02:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Has your opinion of Joe Biden changed since he became President
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Has your opinion of Joe Biden changed since he became President  (Read 1924 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2021, 02:04:44 PM »

Not really.  Thought he was a nice enough guy who appears totally out of it, and I still think that.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2021, 03:59:06 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2021, 04:10:24 PM by Laki »

Yes, i've disliked nine months of Biden more than four years of Trump. I think Trump was the better president, even if i know this is controversial to say, but I truly think this. However i think if i were American i would not vote anymore (unless waiting lines aren't that long, and in that case i'd write people in or vote for ridicilous third parties because who cares).

He literally behaves as erratic as Trump

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/17/world/europe/france-ambassador-recall-us-australia.html

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/17/1038381206/drone-attack-afghanistan-civilians-pentagon?t=1631998057411

Who i would write in

Perhaps Simona Biles and Alyson Kennedy

There are some people I would vote for but they have to decently left-wing and agree with me on enough policies. I'd probably vote for the people below (in my signature), but the average Democrat never.

and who-ever runs against hawley, i'd vote for that guy too
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2021, 04:21:13 PM »

I have much better opinion than before.

He’s way more similar to Trump on stuff I was sympathetic towards Trump and different than Trump on stuff I disliked about Trump.

He’s still very flawed, but as much good as you can expect from US president. If it’s not him, it would be worse option.

Truth is that liberals miss having Trump in power so that they have something to be mad about, that’s why they’re working to sabotage Biden’s image even if he’s better than Trump and Obama and Bush and Clinton, etc.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2021, 04:21:22 PM »

What does the recalling of the ambassador have to do with Biden being a bad President?

Also, what makes you think that Trump was a better President than Biden? People dying because of Trump's covid policy?
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2021, 06:43:35 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2021, 07:31:35 PM »

Yes it has due to UBI payments but if Trump was in office and controlled the Trifecta, there would be more tax cuts to the richest Americans

The Rs of course would relent on the Debt Ceiling increase

But, he didn't Eradicate Covid as he promised, Covid is alot more resident, just because you have a vaccine as we have been dealing with flu and Pneumonia and we have vaccines for them, isn't a magic cure

We are stuck with Covid and wearing masks, wearing masks is a good thing, when we weren't wearing masks, people would cough all over you
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2021, 09:41:06 AM »

Yes it has due to UBI payments but if Trump was in office and controlled the Trifecta, there would be more tax cuts to the richest Americans

The Rs of course would relent on the Debt Ceiling increase

But, he didn't Eradicate Covid as he promised, Covid is alot more resident, just because you have a vaccine as we have been dealing with flu and Pneumonia and we have vaccines for them, isn't a magic cure

We are stuck with Covid and wearing masks, wearing masks is a good thing, when we weren't wearing masks, people would cough all over you

When did he actually promise this?
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2021, 10:27:57 AM »

I’m happy he withdrew from Afghanistan, all the executive orders, and the American recovery plan passed early on (even if it should have been more than $1400).

I feel I can’t make a judgment until the fates of these reconciliation and infrastructure bills are known.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2021, 11:20:01 AM »

I set the bar for him on the floor and he managed to pass it
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2021, 11:29:54 AM »

Upwards or downwards?

BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2021, 12:04:51 PM »

I support the withdrawal from Afghanistan, but it seems he is en route to becoming the second failed president of my lifetime (first being Bush 43). He can still turn it around if he forces mandates with actual teeth.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2021, 06:24:11 PM »

Upwards or downwards?

Positive, I expected nothing and so was pleasantly surprised by the handful of good things that came out of this administration
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2021, 08:38:23 AM »
« Edited: September 25, 2021, 08:44:37 AM by Laki »

What does the recalling of the ambassador have to do with Biden being a bad President?

Also, what makes you think that Trump was a better President than Biden? People dying because of Trump's covid policy?

Oh come on the Trump covid policy is bs.

Every country, every state suffers from covid. Covid deaths should not be attributed to Trump, and at this time, there are more people who are sick from covid during Biden's presidency than during Trump's presidency, but nobody blames Biden for that?

The only thing nations do world wide is tell and tell and write and write how covid numbers are bad, but what they do forgot that they forget to take care of the living too, instead of focusing only on the ill & deads. Life goes on, and it should not be stopped because some people are sick and some die because of an ilness. Ilnesses are from all-times.

People are getting vaccinated, most of those are in western nations, so it's time to move on. I want my freedom back. 80% of my country is vaccinated. I don't want measures because 20% are anti-vaxxers and they could die (even if chances of dying is very low). And no children get seriously ill from this, and some of them are among the non-vaccinated. It's simple, they don't have to be vaccinated, they don't become ill from it.

The whole covid taken out of proportion and being overblown is the exact reason why I would consider supporting Trump in 2024! There is no other reason, because there is none, and in almost every other policy, he has failed (except maybe foreign and trade policies), where he was objectively better than Biden. But I prefer Biden for NON-covid domestic policies. Immigration policies are both terrible. On social issues, obviously prefer Biden by 10.000 miles, and they are the reason why i would downballot always support the dems.

I'm truly sorry for the dead and the sick, but there are people still living who have a right to breathe and live.

Aside of that, on many issues i care about, Biden doesn't change anything, from Trump's stance.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2021, 10:15:25 AM »

I never thought much of him, To be honest.

I didn't think he was a good candidate in 2008 and was surprised he was chosen by Barack as VP.  I didn't see how he brought anything to the ticket.

I voted for Elizabeth Warren because I liked her spunk and fire and felt she had the right views on the economy, on wealth distribution, class issues, bread and butter issues, work and wages.

Joe won the primary and I feel he wasn't even that great of a candidate.

Now he's done some good things, but I think he is just too damn old (and comes across as really old) and he has nothing really that stands out.

He is very bland.  Gerald Ford comes to mind or Jimmy Carter... so that may be an indication he will be a one-term, mostly forgotten president in 2025.

He's so old that he won't even be around that long after his presidency ends.  idk he was never my choice for the top job.

He botched Afghanistan so badly and it is so awful, that it makes me wonder if the guy should just resign...but Kamala is not good at all... she is totally unprepared to be Commander in Chief.  She has absolutely no experience in the military, she really doesn't.  I cannot see her winning over soldiers and she will not become President, she just won't.  She's not popular enough to do it and I think the first woman president has to be really popular at least sometime before her election.

The Republicans are sweeping 2022 - maybe not at the state level, maybe that's where we'll see the wave end, possibly in the Senate if John Fetterman wins, but Sean Parnell is favored... the House is already gone, it just is.

Badly wounded going into 2024, I can't imagine Joe Biden even wanting to run again.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies