Rate the fundamentals for election cycles an incumbent lost from most to least favorable (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:38:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Rate the fundamentals for election cycles an incumbent lost from most to least favorable (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rate the fundamentals for election cycles an incumbent lost from most to least favorable  (Read 362 times)
Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« on: September 13, 2021, 08:32:05 PM »

I'm not sure how exactly to compare the first and second groups. Bush seemed like a lock for re-election until it was the economy, stupid, while both Ford and Trump made what seemed like surefire losses into nailbiters that could have been won under the right circumstances. Taft I'm not quite as familiar with, but I'd imagine if Teddy had endorsed the GOP would have stayed united enough to squeeze past even a popular and progressive-leaning Wilson. I'd probably rate them as follows:

1. A point or two in the PVI short of being the greatest comeback in political history: '76
2. His race to lose, and he did everything he could to lose it: '20
3. His race to lose, until the circumstances changed and made it an uphill fight: '92
4. Would have needed every possible thing to go right, and even then it wouldn't have been enough: '80
5. Screwed the moment TR got involved: '12
6. DOA no matter what: '32
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies