Poll says 59% of GOP Voters Say 'Believing' Trump Won 2020 'Important' to Being a Republican
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:33:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Poll says 59% of GOP Voters Say 'Believing' Trump Won 2020 'Important' to Being a Republican
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Poll says 59% of GOP Voters Say 'Believing' Trump Won 2020 'Important' to Being a Republican  (Read 968 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2021, 04:32:55 PM »

What percentage of Dem voters believe that Russia is to blame for their party's loss in '16?

What we got was an almost perfectly partisan result — two sides of the same coin. By almost exactly the same percentage, Democrats and Republicans opted for a conspiratorial cause for their parties’ defeats.   

Overall, 57 percent of voters believed that 2020 was a fair election, while 34 percent said Biden won through fraud. Democrats agreed it was fair by an 87 percent to 12 percent margin. So did a majority of independents, 55 percent to 28 percent. But 61 percent of Republicans blamed fraud for Biden’s win, while 28 percent said he won fairly.   

When we asked about 2016, 51 percent of voters overall said Trump won fairly, while 33 percent blamed Russian interference. Very similar to the 2020 results. Republicans believed 2016 was a fair election, 82 percent to 10 percent. Independents were closer to Republicans, calling it fair by a 52 percent to 24 percent margin. But 62 percent of Democrats opted for the Russia explanation for Hillary Clinton’s loss, while 21 percent said Trump won fairly.

https://www.rollcall.com/2021/02/24/partisan-voters-claim-we-wuz-robbed-no-they-werent/

Trump won for a variety of reasons.  Vladimir Putin's ongoing effort to destabilize the US from within was most certainly one of them.

There's no evidence of any Russian effect on the presidential election, certainly not on the Senate or House elections, which went exactly the same way. It is barely detectable when compared to the actual interference in our elections which comes from the corporate sector, which essentially buy our elections. But that's beside the point. There have been careful analyses of the '16 election which shows that the "Russian interference" did not meaningfully affect the results of the election, and certainly did not swing it to the Republicans' favor. And yet, Democrats spent the 4 years of the Trump presidency constructing an elaborate conspiracy theory for her loss about Russians conducting some kind of large-scale "information war" and attempting to discredit Trump's victory by tying him directly to the Kremlin, all without proof. Much like the baseless assertions Trump brought forth that Biden's victory was fraudulent.

Show me the "careful analyses." Don't just assert they exist and leave us hanging.

Russia's Internet Research Agency spent just a couple thousand on Facebook ads before the 2016 elections, compared to the $81 million the Trump and Clinton campaigns spent on the platform combined. That's just one example of the money coming in. But more importantly, even WaPo and Time and other bourgeois organs admit that, after the Mueller report, the Russians did not swing the election to the Republicans. There is no peer reviewed study showing a Russian effect. So there is no clear evidence of any effect, negligible at best and hardly worth talking about.

Do you have any evidence that "Russian interference" altered the outcome of the election? Because 4 years of the media circus hasn't produced any.

LOL.
There is no "4 years of media circus" around Russia Interference.
You are creating "fake news" in your head, and trying to spread that conspiracy BS on the rest of us here on Atlas. Just stop already.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2021, 06:17:22 PM »

You could simplify that into simply saying "distorting reality" is important to being a Republican. It's a very prominent part of their hive-mind.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2021, 10:04:01 PM »

The WC Evangelist own 90 percent of the wealth but they only have the Crts, they only controlled the House and except for impeaching Clinton and getting Bush W in, they only got 1T Trump

We were such a united nation before Trump, Trump expectancy with his pulling out of Climate change and Iranian Accord has divided us and that's why we have this polarization

Well, all the Ds have have to do is win in 2022 and defeat DeSantis and Rubio, Rs aren't gonna overperform like they did in 2020, among Minorities, due to Insurrectionists, that's why Cali turned against Elder the state has 40,% Latinos and so does FL

This is the aftermath of the Insurrectionists, Cali Minorities going against the GOP
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2021, 10:11:28 PM »

I used to believe that faith is a good thing. It is,

You lost me.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2021, 10:15:04 PM »

I dunno, it requires a fair bit of faith to believe things like "the market will regulate itself."
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2021, 10:28:25 PM »

I dunno, it requires a fair bit of faith to believe things like "the market will regulate itself."

Sure. Anyone who unironically believes that is a fool.
LBJer
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2021, 10:34:17 PM »

Bunch of idiots.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2021, 10:04:10 AM »

How intellectually deficient does one have to be to believe Trump actually won?
He did

I think you've proven the point, though perhaps not in the way you intended to.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2021, 10:13:13 AM »

the GOP platform is basically "our feelings don't care about facts"
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2021, 10:29:01 AM »

He did

Certainly

Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

Houstonian Sock
Big Tex
Rookie
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2021, 04:01:49 PM »

He did

He did win though...
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2021, 04:04:01 PM »

59% is probably an underestimation. I'd guess the number is at least two thirds, if not more. Not that we didn't know already it's a cult.

Unfortunately this is, even if 59% is accurate, a sign that out democracy is in severe trouble. At very least it's not as stable as it used to be, or as it is in countries like Canada or most of Europe. We might laugh the stupidity here, but it's actually very sad and deeply troubling. For sure there are no easy answers how to fix it, I'm just increasingly concerned how this is going on. We can't function was society without agreeing on basic facts and norms. In that sense, as horrible as 9/11 was, a part of me wants 9/12 back, when America was united.
Democracy was never going to be a permanent system. Even had we prevented Trump, democracy still would have fallen eventually.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2021, 04:43:36 PM »

59% is probably an underestimation. I'd guess the number is at least two thirds, if not more. Not that we didn't know already it's a cult.

Unfortunately this is, even if 59% is accurate, a sign that out democracy is in severe trouble. At very least it's not as stable as it used to be, or as it is in countries like Canada or most of Europe. We might laugh the stupidity here, but it's actually very sad and deeply troubling. For sure there are no easy answers how to fix it, I'm just increasingly concerned how this is going on. We can't function was society without agreeing on basic facts and norms. In that sense, as horrible as 9/11 was, a part of me wants 9/12 back, when America was united.
Democracy was never going to be a permanent system. Even had we prevented Trump, democracy still would have fallen eventually.

So we'll still be a republic, you just don't believe our system of constitutional democracy is going to survive to see its 300th birthday by July 4, 2076? 
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2021, 05:35:29 PM »

the GOP platform is basically "our feelings don't care about facts"

The "P" in their acronym stands for "projection."
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2021, 06:04:35 PM »

He did

He did win though...

I'll be charitable and assume you're talking about 2016, which he did indeed win, and not 2020, which is what the topic is about.
Houstonian Sock
Big Tex
Rookie
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2021, 07:42:41 PM »

He did

He did win though...

I'll be charitable and assume you're talking about 2016, which he did indeed win, and not 2020, which is what the topic is about.
Of course... the other person said that trump didnt win but he obviously did
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies