2016 if Democrats Endorsed Gary Johnson
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:13:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 if Democrats Endorsed Gary Johnson
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 if Democrats Endorsed Gary Johnson  (Read 219 times)
Pink Panther

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2021, 06:16:55 PM »

Let's say something happens to both Clinton and Kaine. Johnson would sort of be like a Greg Orman figure, in that he had the support of Democrats, but didn't run with a D next to his name, technically. What would happen with him vs. Trump?
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 06:37:01 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2021, 07:08:27 PM by BINO (Bull Moose In Name Only) »

Assuming the scandal with Clinton was bad enough that she ended up with only a few % of the P.V., this is what the map would likely look like. Turns into 2020 with GA+FL switched. At the same time, why wouldn't most Clinton supporters endorse Stein in this scenario?

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 07:39:27 PM »

Assuming the scandal with Clinton was bad enough that she ended up with only a few % of the P.V., this is what the map would likely look like. Turns into 2020 with GA+FL switched. At the same time, why wouldn't most Clinton supporters endorse Stein in this scenario?

First of all, with OP saying "something happened" to both Clinton and Kaine, I figure it would be more like they were both assassinated towards the very end of the campaign, with no time to replace them on the ticket. Not a scandal.

In that case I think there would be mass sympathy towards the Democrats and mass outrage towards Trump, especially if one of his "Second Amendment people" was the perpetrator. I think rather than endorsing Johnson or Stein, people would still be encouraged to vote for the Clinton ticket which I think would win in a landslide, with the Democratic electors instructed on who to replace them with after the fact. Biden is actually a strong possibility to become president.

Also I for one would have rather voted Johnson than Stein in any case.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 07:50:55 PM »

First of all, with OP saying "something happened" to both Clinton and Kaine, I figure it would be more like they were both assassinated towards the very end of the campaign, with no time to replace them on the ticket. Not a scandal.

In that case I think there would be mass sympathy towards the Democrats and mass outrage towards Trump, especially if one of his "Second Amendment people" was the perpetrator. I think rather than endorsing Johnson or Stein, people would still be encouraged to vote for the Clinton ticket which I think would win in a landslide, with the Democratic electors instructed on who to replace them with after the fact. Biden is actually a strong possibility to become president.

How bad do you think Trump would do in this scenario. Do you think it would be a 49-state sweep?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2021, 08:28:07 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2021, 08:32:37 PM by Alben Barkley »

How bad do you think Trump would do in this scenario. Do you think it would be a 49-state sweep?

I think polarization is too strong for that but maybe the famous 413 map could be a reality at least.

Also I think while Biden would probably have the best chance of replacing Hillary, it's not out of the question that the then-76-year-old Nancy Pelosi might have instead. Especially if the goal was to fulfill Hillary's dream of a woman president.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies