2021-22 NHL Season Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:52:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2021-22 NHL Season Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9
Author Topic: 2021-22 NHL Season Thread  (Read 5993 times)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: June 15, 2022, 03:13:06 AM »

Hired by the Vegas Golden Knights.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #176 on: June 15, 2022, 07:39:03 AM »

A good hire.  7 days of unemployment for Bruce.  Knew it wouldn't be long.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #177 on: June 21, 2022, 09:52:24 PM »

Igor wins his obviously deserved Vezina, most obvious choice in recent memory. Congratulations to the other winners, including Auston Matthews for the Hart Trophy, who looks like he will end up as the greatest American player of all time if he continues in his current trajectory.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #178 on: June 22, 2022, 09:31:28 AM »

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=512369.0
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #179 on: June 22, 2022, 10:27:53 AM »

The Lightning tie it up tonight.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #180 on: June 24, 2022, 05:34:31 PM »

Hoping Tampa Bay wins Game 5 so I can see Game 6 on my day off.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #181 on: June 26, 2022, 03:05:42 PM »

I think Colorado hoists 'er tonight.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #182 on: June 26, 2022, 09:51:58 PM »

The Colorado Avalanche are 2021-2022 Stanley Cup Champions. It is their third Stanley Cup victory.

The evil has been defeated.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #183 on: June 26, 2022, 09:55:07 PM »

Ahem.  Tongue
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #184 on: June 26, 2022, 09:59:25 PM »

The first time in 10 years that I was rooting for a Cup winner that wasn't just the lesser evil (not that I even like the Kings that much). It has been a ton of ugly outcomes for me since the lockout, probably after selling my soul at age 6 to see Patrick Roy beat New Jersey. Great to see Colorado back on top!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #185 on: June 26, 2022, 10:00:50 PM »

Cale Makar is your 2021-2022 Conn Smythe Trophy winner.
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #186 on: June 27, 2022, 12:22:22 AM »

Taking Patrick over him in the ‘17 draft is gonna sting for a while. All the scouts wanted Makar. At least NAK got his :/
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #187 on: June 27, 2022, 05:03:06 PM »

Taking Patrick over him in the ‘17 draft is gonna sting for a while. All the scouts wanted Makar. At least NAK got his :/

Patrick was the consensus top 2 pick. People didn't know where Makar would go in the top 15, because the league he played in wasn't as good as the CHL, and it was hard to project if his game would still be as impressive against tougher competition. It's kind of funny / sad though if Philly's scouts were smart enough to want Makar anywsys but were overruled by management.
sting in the rafters
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #188 on: June 27, 2022, 07:22:35 PM »

Patrick was the consensus top 2 pick. People didn't know where Makar would go in the top 15, because the league he played in wasn't as good as the CHL, and it was hard to project if his game would still be as impressive against tougher competition. It's kind of funny / sad though if Philly's scouts were smart enough to want Makar anywsys but were overruled by management.

Our scouts wanted him. It's true Hischier/Patrick were consensus 1-2, but part of being a good GM is bucking consensus bc your guys have better info. Also Hex trading Schenner for Frost/Beezer is looking like another L until Beezer fully develops.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #189 on: June 27, 2022, 08:24:04 PM »

Our scouts wanted him. It's true Hischier/Patrick were consensus 1-2, but part of being a good GM is bucking consensus bc your guys have better info. Also Hex trading Schenner for Frost/Beezer is looking like another L until Beezer fully develops.

Damn. That's gotta be extremely frustrating as a Flyers fan.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #190 on: June 27, 2022, 08:52:13 PM »

Yes, but again he is after all a Flyers fan, so any emotional anguish is deserved. Grin
sting in the rafters
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #191 on: June 28, 2022, 06:40:40 PM »

Yes, but again he is after all a Flyers fan, so any emotional anguish is deserved. Grin

As a peace offering know Killa Cam was one of the few bright spots in the catastrophe which was last season. I hope Jake the Snake was for yours.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2022, 04:59:11 PM »

So the off-season is officially on now.

Fiala just got moved to the Kings for this year’s first (19th overall) and the rights to a20 year old defenseman prospect out of the University of Minnesota. LA then signed him to a 7 year deal.

Minnesota is a cap hell and pretty much have to move off of guys up for raises, so this feels bad for them but they got some future assets and they just can’t bring everyone back.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #193 on: June 29, 2022, 05:04:11 PM »

As a peace offering know Killa Cam was one of the few bright spots in the catastrophe which was last season. I hope Jake the Snake was for yours.

You know I’ve always kind of liked Philadelphia teams. Like if an East Coast team has to win, I’d take Flyers/Eagles/Sixers/Phillies over their New York or Boston counterparts every time.
sting in the rafters
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #194 on: June 29, 2022, 05:33:30 PM »

You know I’ve always kind of liked Philadelphia teams. Like if an East Coast team has to win, I’d take Flyers/Eagles/Sixers/Phillies over their New York or Boston counterparts every time.

Can confirm, am related to Ma55holes by blood. It is small consolation for the existential dread your city foisted upon us in the 07 draft lottery.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #195 on: June 30, 2022, 09:47:22 AM »

Los Angeles get Fiala from Minnesota without having to give up too much, and sign him for just under $8 million per year for 7 years.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #196 on: June 30, 2022, 10:13:49 AM »

Will Ron Hextall sign Malkin or Letang?  That's the burning question here.  I'm good with moving on from both and using the money to re-too.  We haven't been great with them here the past several years.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #197 on: June 30, 2022, 10:21:08 AM »

Will Ron Hextall sign Malkin or Letang?  That's the burning question here.  I'm good with moving on from both and using the money to re-too.  We haven't been great with them here the past several years.

We really need to re-sign Letang IMO. Unless he wants too many dollars or years. I love Malkin but he can move on if we wants. We could sign Kadri to replace him.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2022, 11:20:07 AM »

We really need to re-sign Letang IMO. Unless he wants too many dollars or years. I love Malkin but he can move on if we wants. We could sign Kadri to replace him.

There is zero doubt I'd rather have Letang.  I think they feel that way too.  All about $$$ and term.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #199 on: July 07, 2022, 11:13:29 PM »

The 2022 NHL Draft took place tonight.

Here are the top 5 results of the 1st round:
  • 1   Juraj Slafkovský (LW)    Slovakia   Montreal Canadiens   HC TPS (Liiga)
    2   Šimon Nemec (D)    Slovakia   New Jersey Devils   HK Nitra (Tipos Extraliga)
    3   Logan Cooley (C)   United States   Arizona Coyotes   U.S. NTDP (USHL)
    4   Shane Wright (C)   Canada   Seattle Kraken   Kingston Frontenacs (OHL)
    5   Cutter Gauthier (LW)   United States   Philadelphia Flyers   U.S. NTDP (USHL)

Stay tuned for a new thread come September for the 2022-23 season.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies