Nomination of Wxtransit for Secretary of State (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:02:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Nomination of Wxtransit for Secretary of State (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nomination of Wxtransit for Secretary of State  (Read 1838 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: September 09, 2021, 02:04:17 AM »

In light of our own recent efforts to deal with the water crisis here at home in Atlasia's Southwest, what is going to be the state departments approach to similar water related crises abroad? The two that come to mind (both involving China in some form) would be the situation with IIRC China threatening to restrict water flow into India and a similar situation in NE Africa with Ethiopa and Egypt? Both of these could result in major conflicts if the situation gets out hand and in both cases,  China is opposite sides of our geopolitical "friends" in the region.

Also, in game we have taken a much tougher stand against Saudi Arabia than RL. Will this policy be continued and what feedback from the GM (assuming such can be obtained obviously) would affect that decision either way?

Lastly, hinging on the post I made in the Audit bill, in a worst case scenario where GM activity is not present, what measures are possible to work around this to provide at least something resembling an active foreign policy? Granted this would be a horrendously inopportune way to function in an office such as this, but in the present situation it must be at least considered.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 11:32:28 AM »

Didn't this happen before where someone thought there wasn't an NSC when there actually was back in like 2017?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 11:34:46 AM »

The NSC is essential to strategizing and formulating our foreign policy. Historically we've deliberated with the State Department on a private Discord server, with the SoS scheduling meetings for appointed members.

Back when I was originally SOS and during my time on the NSC before that, I believe our meetings were held on Discord as well, often as a channel of the Administration's server. Given the rapidly changing nature of foreign policy and the large number of people I would be contacting if confirmed, using Discord seems like the only realistic option.

Prior to discord, the NSC was conducted on Mibbit back to the Blair administration.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 11:56:42 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies