Fantasy Cabinet game pt. 1: pick your ticket (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:23:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fantasy Cabinet game pt. 1: pick your ticket (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fantasy Cabinet game pt. 1: pick your ticket  (Read 1528 times)
LastMcGovernite
Ringorules
United States

« on: September 03, 2021, 01:28:25 PM »

Welcome to the Fantasy Cabinet game, where we will take turns drafting members of an administration taking place during the 2010s. Although I've quoted everyone who signaled interest in this game's proposal, anyone can join at this early stage.

In this game, you will draft a president, vice-president, and the 15 official cabinet offices. Legal choices are limited to those who served as president, vice-president, senator, congressman, governor, cabinet secretary, mayor or CEO at some point during the 2010s. You are free to pick individuals from multiple political parties, if you like. The only restrictions are: 1) once a person is taken, no other player may draft them; and 2) You cannot pick someone to fill an office they had at any point in real life. So, Barack Obama cannot be your president, Rex Tillerson cannot be your secretary of state, Mike Pence cannot be your vice-president, etc. But Obama ~could~ be your vice-president, Tillerson could be your Secretary of Energy, and Pence could be your president. You may also pick people who died during the 2010s, such as Kay Hagan or John McCain, as long as they meet all the other requirements.

I'll give everyone 48 hours to publicly draft their president, then 48 hours to draft their vice-president. This is first-come, first-serve. After that, I'll divide all participants into four groups which will rotate in picking cabinet members from a specific region of the US (such as the South or Midwest), since historically cabinet selections are geographically representative of the U.S. as a whole. Everybody will have 48 hours to draft someone from their assigned region to a cabinet office. You don't have to pick them in order; you can draft, say, your Secretary of the Interior before you select your Secretary of State, they just need to be from the region you've been assigned that turn and fit the above-mentioned requirements. Because the presidential and vice-presidential picks can be from anywhere, I won't go into further detail about this until we start picking cabinet secretaries.

So-- go ahead and select your president based on the above requirements: again, anyone who was a president, vice-president, governor, senator, congressman, cabinet sec., CEO, or mayor during the 2010s, except for IRL presidents. Again, you don't need to worry about regions when picking your president this round and your vice-president next round.

Once we are a little further in, I'll start a google doc so we can more easily keep track of who is off the board.

I’m down. Would appreciate reminder pms though.
LastMcGovernite
Ringorules
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 01:35:38 PM »

Starting off with two of the Also-Rans. Loving it.  

President: U.S. Senator from Massachusetts and 2020 candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination, Elizabeth Warren.

Also, please feel free to elaborate on or justify your choices. Let's make this more of a running conversation where we can!
LastMcGovernite
Ringorules
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 02:56:19 PM »

He was a senator in 2010, so yes he does!
LastMcGovernite
Ringorules
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2021, 12:09:14 PM »

President Mike Gravel

I'm planning on building something of crank cabinet

Unfortunately, Gravel is not eligible- it needs to be someone who held the office of vice-president, congressman, senator, governor, cabinet officer, or CEO/president of a company during the 2010s. Please feel free to pick someone else, though. No shortage of cranks.
LastMcGovernite
Ringorules
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2021, 01:32:15 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2021, 02:34:30 PM by LastMcGovernite »

It's time to fill out your presidential ticket by picking your vice-president.

As before, you must select someone who, at some point in the 2010s, was president, veep, congressman, senator, governor, cabinet member, mayor, or CEO/president/director of any major institution-- a corporation, a think tank, a university, etc. Additionally...

1. You cannot pick someone who is already drafted by another player (for any office)
2. You cannot pick someone to fill an office they had in real life. So, no real-life veeps in this exercise- no Biden, no Harris, no Pence.

One of you picked Ted Lieu, who was not born an American citizen. But that's my fault-- I didn't explicitly say your pick had to be constitutionally eligible in addition to the other requirements. So, in theory, this opens up the door for other immigrants and under-35s as well.

Individuals already selected as president are: Hillary Clinton, Mitt Romney, Elizabeth Warren, Pete Buttigieg, Ted Lieu, Dennis Kucinch, Sherrod Brown, Russ Feingold, Jay Inslee, John Bel Edwards, Jim Matheson, and John Kerry.

If you wish to join us at this late stage in the game, you still can! Just make a legal pick for president and vice-president at this time. We could use some more Republican and independent players.

Otherwise, go ahead and pick your vice-president! You have 48 hours

I’m down. Would appreciate reminder pms though.
President Dennis Kucinich then for a different flavor of crank.
LastMcGovernite
Ringorules
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2021, 01:54:03 PM »

Vice President: Raphael Warnock (Senator for Georgia, senior pastor of Ebenezer Baptist Church)

If he's not eligible, I'll select Gretchen Whitmer (Governor of Michigan)

Since Warnock only became a senator in 2021, he is not eligible, so Whitmer it is.
LastMcGovernite
Ringorules
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2021, 02:22:06 PM »

Vice-President Julian Castro (IRL San Antonio mayor and HUD secretary)
LastMcGovernite
Ringorules
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2021, 06:51:22 PM »

Joining late so I'll put both P and VP in this post.

P: Ron DeSantis
V: Tim Scott

That's okay! You are welcome to take part.
LastMcGovernite
Ringorules
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2021, 01:48:54 PM »

President: Bernie Sanders (I - Vermont)
Vice President: Tammy Duckworth (D - Illinois)

Not a massive Sanders fan, but I've been impressed with his work regarding the budget and he was one of the best options available.

Great! Go ahead and make your first cabinet pick on pt 2- our next vacancy is in the group making their first pick in the South.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies