SB 104-24: Decarbonization Act of 2021 (Rejected)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:11:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 104-24: Decarbonization Act of 2021 (Rejected)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: SB 104-24: Decarbonization Act of 2021 (Rejected)  (Read 865 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 02, 2021, 10:08:08 PM »
« edited: October 05, 2021, 10:20:54 PM by Senator Scott, PPT🎃 »

Section 1. Title and Definition

1. This act shall be known as the Decarbonization Act of 2021.

a. A building decarbonization project funded by programs identified and implemented pursuant to this section shall be undertaken in a manner that includes an enforceable commitment that the entity implementing the project, and its subcontractors at every tier, will pay prevailing wage.

b. For purposes of this section, "building decarbonization" means efforts to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases from building-related applications.

2. To the extent clean energy or energy efficiency funds are made available from the federal government to address economic recovery and development due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and to the extent authorized by federal law, those funds may be expended by the commission, upon appropriation by Congress, for projects for existing and new building decarbonization.

a. For purposes of this section, "building decarbonization" means efforts to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases from building-related applications.

b. In administering moneys in the fund for research, development, and demonstration programs under this chapter, the commission shall develop and implement the Electric Program Investment Charge (EPIC) program to do all of the following:

i. Award funds for projects that will benefit electricity ratepayers and lead to technological advancement and breakthroughs to overcome the barriers that prevent the achievement of the state's statutory energy goals and that result in a portfolio of projects that is strategically focused and sufficiently narrow to make advancement on the most significant technological challenges that shall include, but not be limited to, energy storage, renewable energy and its integration into the electrical grid, energy efficiency, integration of electric vehicles into the electrical grid, and accurately forecasting the availability of renewable energy for integration into the grid.

ii. Award funds for projects that will benefit electricity ratepayers and lead to grid, and the development and deployment of commercial and residential building decarbonization technologies and investments that reduce or eliminate greenhouse gas generation in those buildings. A

iii. A building decarbonization project awarded funds pursuant to this section shall be undertaken in a manner that includes an enforceable commitment that the entity implementing the project, and its subcontractors at every tier, will pay prevailing wage. For purposes of this section , "building decarbonization" means efforts to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases from building-related applications.
Sponsor: Spark

The gentleman from Florida is recognized.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 10:13:50 PM »

Here's the problem folks: climate change is endangering our way of life. This legislation will help to counteract the short term effects while addressing a longer term problem. Buildings produce a high amount of carbon emissions up to 29% of the greenhouse gas emissions in Atlasia. Reducing these emissions is imperative to cleaner air and a better life.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 10:33:25 AM »

I don't see why this is necessary when we already have a carbon tax.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2021, 01:20:31 PM »

I'm open to this idea, but I need more details on its implementation
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 02:55:59 AM »

With Spark gone, this bill no longer has a sponsor. Any volunteers?
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 04:34:38 PM »

Respectfully, Mr. PPT, I am not gone.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 04:45:49 PM »

Forgot to correct this one; I keep getting your seat mixed up with the Deep South seat. Tongue
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 09:24:52 PM »

I'm open to this idea, but I need more details on its implementation

cough
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2021, 11:39:09 PM »

Would the sponsor address S019's concerns?
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2021, 10:02:33 PM »

The purpose of this bill is to encourage competition between providers and increased productivity and economic efficiency. This will significantly reduce emissions from buildings. This is not the same as a carbon tax. This bill incentivizes businesses to utilize decarbonization by awarding funds.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2021, 10:53:23 PM »

The purpose of this bill is to encourage competition between providers and increased productivity and economic efficiency. This will significantly reduce emissions from buildings. This is not the same as a carbon tax. This bill incentivizes businesses to utilize decarbonization by awarding funds.

This really doesn't answer my question, I was asking about implementation.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2021, 01:27:08 AM »

Spark?
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2021, 06:08:59 AM »

The regions will be responsible for implementation. The federal government will fund these mandates.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2021, 01:38:32 AM »

There obviously doesn't seem to be much desire to debate this. I'll open a vote in 24 hours without objection.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2021, 09:11:31 PM »

So, what's going on here again, I like this idea, but this bill as it is, seems kind of useless and unworkable.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2021, 11:22:49 PM »

So, what's going on here again, I like this idea, but this bill as it is, seems kind of useless and unworkable.

These are my thoughts as well, but this has been on the floor for almost a month now. Ineffectual resolutions with no funding thresholds or specific details accomplish nothing.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2021, 01:54:09 AM »

Hearing no objection, a final vote is now open. Senators, please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.

Quote from: Final Senate Text
Section 1. Title and Definition

1. This act shall be known as the Decarbonization Act of 2021.

a. A building decarbonization project funded by programs identified and implemented pursuant to this section shall be undertaken in a manner that includes an enforceable commitment that the entity implementing the project, and its subcontractors at every tier, will pay prevailing wage.

b. For purposes of this section, "building decarbonization" means efforts to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases from building-related applications.

2. To the extent clean energy or energy efficiency funds are made available from the federal government to address economic recovery and development due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and to the extent authorized by federal law, those funds may be expended by the commission, upon appropriation by Congress, for projects for existing and new building decarbonization.

a. For purposes of this section, "building decarbonization" means efforts to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases from building-related applications.

b. In administering moneys in the fund for research, development, and demonstration programs under this chapter, the commission shall develop and implement the Electric Program Investment Charge (EPIC) program to do all of the following:

i. Award funds for projects that will benefit electricity ratepayers and lead to technological advancement and breakthroughs to overcome the barriers that prevent the achievement of the state's statutory energy goals and that result in a portfolio of projects that is strategically focused and sufficiently narrow to make advancement on the most significant technological challenges that shall include, but not be limited to, energy storage, renewable energy and its integration into the electrical grid, energy efficiency, integration of electric vehicles into the electrical grid, and accurately forecasting the availability of renewable energy for integration into the grid.

ii. Award funds for projects that will benefit electricity ratepayers and lead to grid, and the development and deployment of commercial and residential building decarbonization technologies and investments that reduce or eliminate greenhouse gas generation in those buildings. A

iii. A building decarbonization project awarded funds pursuant to this section shall be undertaken in a manner that includes an enforceable commitment that the entity implementing the project, and its subcontractors at every tier, will pay prevailing wage. For purposes of this section , "building decarbonization" means efforts to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases from building-related applications.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2021, 01:55:21 AM »

Nay. While I support the sponsor's objectives, I don't see how this can be implemented effectively. And with so little engagement from the Senate, I am not comfortable voting for this bill.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2021, 07:27:02 AM »

abstain
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2021, 07:09:10 PM »

Nay
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2021, 11:36:26 PM »

We already have a carbon tax from the Fhtagn administration.

NAY
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2021, 12:06:07 AM »

Nay
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine