An Open Letter To American Religious Extremists
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:55:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  An Open Letter To American Religious Extremists
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: An Open Letter To American Religious Extremists  (Read 1600 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2021, 08:48:55 PM »

Getting back on topic.  I think the extremely religious posters here have proven that yes, they are in fact happy by this. 
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2021, 08:49:39 PM »

You fail to see the larger picture.

Banning any, let alone all forms of abortion is spiritually a good thing for America.

I do believe that every evil calamity that has befallen our nation may indeed be a punishment from God for America legalizing evil practices like abortion, amongst other horrendous and repugnant acts of sin.

The day when Roe v Wade is repealed is when God will start reining in the punishment. It of course is futile to expect our sin to be washed away- it is not possible for that to occur so quickly and easily, but it is a fantastic development to turn our sinking ship in the right direction.

God bless Gov. Gregory Wayne Abbott and the Texas legislature for potentially saving us from damnation. Hopefully DeSantis and every other red state governor follows the courage of Texas and Governor Greg Abbott.

Basing political action on what you fear God is going to do in retribution is no way to do politics. Even if I don't fully agree with many of the OP's points.

Even if I was someone who had no belief in God, I would still find abortion vile and abhorrent.

I know Atheist Doctors who have straight-up, no holds barred described late term abortions as murdering a fetus that clearly shows signs of human life.

You know multiple atheist abortion doctors?

LOL, exactly, someone needs to cue the "Sure Jan" emoji.

I never said they were abortion doctors specifically. Are you lot too dense to have the ability to read?

They’re regular physicians.

can you please argue a point rather than hyperbolic name calling?  Not to me, I am not interested in discussing politics with you, but to the board in general I mean.

I was merely correcting a mistake/misread of my post.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2021, 08:54:12 PM »

On the bright side, now that these religious extremists have made their first big move in the courts, I think it's fair to say that this is going to massively increase pressure on Democrats re the filibuster and/or playing hardball with the courts.

The interesting thing is that though the GOP blatantly stole a SCOTUS seat, the Federal bench is actually getting a lot more liberal overall because Democrats have been in power longer.  The few remaining pre-Clinton judges should be leaving the bench this term and Biden is appointing Judges quickly. 

The public at large isn't going to tolerate this level of insane republican religious extremism. 
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2021, 08:55:02 PM »

Banning any, let alone all forms of abortion is spiritually a good thing for America.

I do believe that every evil calamity that has befallen our nation may indeed be a punishment from God for America legalizing evil practices like abortion, amongst other horrendous and repugnant acts of sin.

The day when Roe v Wade is repealed is when God will start reining in the punishment. It of course is futile to expect our sin to be washed away- it is not possible for that to occur so quickly and easily, but it is a fantastic development to turn our sinking ship in the right direction.

God bless Gov. Gregory Wayne Abbott and the Texas legislature for potentially saving us from damnation. Hopefully DeSantis and every other red state governor follows the courage of Texas and Governor Greg Abbott.

Basing political action on what you fear God is going to do in retribution is no way to do politics. Even if I don't fully agree with many of the OP's points.

Even if I was someone who had no belief in God, I would still find abortion vile and abhorrent.

I know Atheist Doctors who have straight-up, no holds barred described late term abortions as murdering a fetus that clearly shows signs of human life.

And when did I say they were abortion doctors? They’re regular physicians and have absolutely nothing to do with the disgraceful practice of abortion.

You heavily implied that they were abortion doctors lol

And if their practice has absolutely nothing to do with abortion why on earth should I trust their account on how abortions are performed lmao
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2021, 08:55:06 PM »

Why are you guys giving him a hard time? Who cares if he's emotional, any sane person should be angry about what happened here.
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2021, 08:56:30 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2021, 09:01:43 PM by wants to resurrect the bull moose party »

Can you describe what you define "Late term" as? Since I personally view 7 weeks as early in the term of a pregnancy. Every other point you made is theocratic bullsh**t and you should go to Afghanistan if you want to be governed by religious law but the part about late term has some elements that may be not asinine.

Typically around the third or so trimester.

And fearing God’s wrath (likely every good Christian man and woman does) isn’t the equivalent of believing the lunacy of the Taliban’s Islamic Fundamentalism, which is incomparable to the love spread by the true God and his son, Jesus Christ.

Cut this nonsense out. Allah literally means God in Arabic. Ask the Christians in the Middle East what term they use to say God.

I’m not a doofus.

The son and prophet of God is Jesus Christ, not Muhammad. Even if you state that Christians technically worship the same God as Muslims, we worship vastly different prophets and messengers of God- and yes, Jesus is technically considered holy in Islam, but he is not their main prophet- Muhammad is. And we do not recognize Muhammad in our religion nor do we view any of his teachings as legitimate.

Did I even imply that Rasulullah (S) is the son of Allah (SWT)? No, neither Rasulullah (S), Isa (A), or all the other prophets sent down by Allah (SWT) are considered the children of Allah. Such beliefs are considered shirk since it negates Allah being Al-Waahid (The only One). A majority of the prophets in the Bible are mentioned in the Quran, so no, they aren't "vastly" different.

Anyways, I'll stop this right here in order to prevent a derailment of the thread.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2021, 08:56:54 PM »

Can you describe what you define "Late term" as? Since I personally view 7 weeks as early in the term of a pregnancy. Every other point you made is theocratic bullsh**t and you should go to Afghanistan if you want to be governed by religious law but the part about late term has some elements that may be not asinine.

And fearing God’s wrath (likely every good Christian man and woman does) isn’t the equivalent of believing the lunacy of the Taliban’s Islamic Fundamentalism, which is incomparable to the love spread by the true God and his son, Jesus Christ.

“It’s totally different because my religion is correct and theirs is wrong.”

This is your actual argument?
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2021, 08:57:33 PM »

And when did I say they were abortion doctors? They’re regular physicians and have absolutely nothing to do with the disgraceful practice of abortion.

You heavily implied that they were abortion doctors lol

And if their practice has absolutely nothing to do with abortion why on earth should I trust their account on how abortions are performed lmao

1) I definitely implied that they were regular doctors. Why would an abortion doctor believe a fetus shows clear signs of human life?

2) Non-abortion doctors still know a great deal about what constitutes signs of life or not. This includes biologists and physicians, as well as doctors who work with pregnancy.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2021, 08:58:43 PM »

But you see, it isn’t the same.

Christians aren’t going around randomly murdering people for singing or dancing, for one.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2021, 08:59:29 PM »

BTW I wrote this after hearing of the religious right wing posters gloating about their great victory. These are mostly the same anti-semitic lunatics who were mad at Biden for abandoning Afghan women, when this new law gives a rapist the power to sue the victim if they get an abortion, AND GET PAID
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2021, 09:01:04 PM »

Christians aren’t going around randomly murdering people for singing or dancing, for one.

And your people have been murdering mine for centuries if we use that logic.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2021, 09:01:34 PM »

No they’re just going around torturing people for being trans and passing laws to punish women for being raped and wanting an abortion.

THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2021, 09:02:22 PM »

?

I can’t even begin to grasp the crux of whatever your argument is attempting to be.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2021, 09:06:20 PM »

?

I can’t even begin to grasp the crux of whatever your argument is attempting to be.

You are stereotyping all Muslims, so I am stereotyping Christians for the jews-drink-blood thing that has caused thousands of deaths in anti-Jewish riots.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2021, 09:11:12 PM »

Gilead here we come. Thanks a lot you zealot republican f**ks. I hope this current Republican variant (that's really what the Delta variant is, at least in the US) of COVID wipes your unvaccinated asses off the earth, as you sure do deserve it.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2021, 09:11:32 PM »

?

You are stereotyping all Muslims, so I am stereotyping Christians for the jews-drink-blood thing that has caused thousands of deaths in anti-Jewish riots.

Look at what this has created. I wonder when we get our Defenestration of Austin. Way to go, guys. Way to raise the bar!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2021, 09:12:31 PM »

Gilead here we come. Thanks a lot you zealot republican f**ks. I hope this current Republican variant (that's really what the Delta variant is, at least in the US) of COVID wipes your unvaccinated asses off the earth, as you sure do deserve it.

Or at least 1618.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2021, 09:14:23 PM »

?

You are stereotyping all Muslims

I was stereotyping the Taliban and other Islamic fundamentalists, not all Muslims.

I also factually stated that Christians and Muslims believe in different prophets.

*Never mind the rest of your statement, which I find rather absurd.*
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2021, 09:17:49 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2021, 09:24:13 PM by DON FARBIZIO CORBERA »

On the bright side, now that these religious extremists have made their first big move in the courts, I think it's fair to say that this is going to massively increase pressure on Democrats re the filibuster and/or playing hardball with the courts.

The interesting thing is that though the GOP blatantly stole a SCOTUS seat, the Federal bench is actually getting a lot more liberal overall because Democrats have been in power longer.  The few remaining pre-Clinton judges should be leaving the bench this term and Biden is appointing Judges quickly.  

The public at large isn't going to tolerate this level of insane republican religious extremism.  

Really, all the Republican voters/non-voters you know won't put up with this and will change their votes because of this? Do you need more than one hand to count the number of people you know who voted for Trump or a House Republican? Seems like a massive cope for the coming decade of House and/or Senate control around the spooky corner.
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2021, 09:22:31 PM »

?

Look at what this has created. I wonder when we get our Defenestration of Austin. Way to go, guys. Way to raise the bar!

So if Austin is Prague, what is the equivalents in other cities?  Curly
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2021, 09:47:24 PM »

As a person who believes in Jesus Christ, I do believe that the many recent calamities that have befallen our nation may indeed be a punishment from God for our society legalizing evil practices like abortion, amongst countless other horrendous and repugnant acts of sin.

Because even though there's no precedent for this, and there are a whole lot of countries much more "Unchristian" by your definition, God is actively intervening in the world to punish us. Right...
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2021, 11:18:18 PM »

BTW I wrote this after hearing of the religious right wing posters gloating about their great victory. These are mostly the same anti-semitic lunatics who were mad at Biden for abandoning Afghan women, when this new law gives a rapist the power to sue the victim if they get an abortion, AND GET PAID

I wonder if you have as much rage for the fetus who is killed as a necessary result of abortion as you do for the woman who is subjected to a rather farfetched hypothetical (and who I would note cannot be sued, per reporting by NYT).
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2021, 11:25:49 PM »

I wonder if you have as much rage for the fetus who is killed as a necessary result of abortion as you do for the woman who is subjected to a rather farfetched hypothetical (and who I would note cannot be sued, per reporting by NYT).

They know this, but the new generations have learned their arguments don't work unless they make up sensationalist claims (untruths realy) that affect nobody or close to nobody.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2021, 12:37:42 AM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Also according to the New York Times this bill will stop women who have been raped or been victims of incest from receiving exemptions.

Also the deputizing part I mentioned earlier is real, also according to the NYT.

Direct quote:
"Instead, the Texas law deputizes private citizens to sue anyone who performs an abortion or “aids and abets” a procedure."
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2021, 12:42:46 AM »

I hope you are happy that women who were victims of incest still have to give birth to the child (actually now that I think of it those people are a significant chunk of your voter base)

Classy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies