AL - Alabama Daily News/Cygnal (R primary): Brooks +23
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:42:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  AL - Alabama Daily News/Cygnal (R primary): Brooks +23
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AL - Alabama Daily News/Cygnal (R primary): Brooks +23  (Read 997 times)
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 26, 2021, 07:51:27 AM »

August 17-18, 600 likely voters, MoE: 4%

Mo Brooks 41%
Katie Britt 18%
Jessica Taylor 3%
Lynda Blanchard 2%
Someone else 5%
Undecided 32%

Trump favorability - 84/15

https://www.aldailynews.com/adn-poll-brooks-leads-senate-race-but-britt-has-an-opening/
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 08:26:38 AM »

This primary is Safe Brooks, as expected. Brooks locked this race up once he received Trump's endorsement.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 08:46:09 AM »

This primary is Safe Brooks, as expected. Brooks locked this race up once he received Trump's endorsement.

And so is the general election. The man who sympathizes with the would-be Capitol bomber is going to be a US Senator. Vomits.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 05:18:57 PM »

Brooks is going to be a massive improvement over Shelby (most Republicans will be), so very welcome news. I was on the Brooks train in 2017 as well, but alas AL R primary voters went with the two candidates most likely to blow the general and gave us three years of Doug Jones...
Girlytree
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 05:32:10 PM »

Brooks is going to be a massive improvement over Shelby (most Republicans will be), so very welcome news. I was on the Brooks train in 2017 as well, but alas AL R primary voters went with the two candidates most likely to blow the general and gave us three years of Doug Jones...
There is no way Luther Strange could have lost.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2021, 09:25:37 PM »

What is objectionable about Shelby? He's a bland, Generic R who votes the party line and doesn't cause any trouble. I'm guessing you want someone who is a conservative firebrand, which is what Brooks would be.
Girlytree
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2021, 09:28:22 PM »

What is objectionable about Shelby? He's a bland, Generic R who votes the party line and doesn't cause any trouble. I'm guessing you want someone who is a conservative firebrand, which is what Brooks would be.
He was a DEMOCRAT who became a RINO
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2021, 10:00:19 PM »

He was a DEMOCRAT who became a RINO

Shelby was probably the most conservative Democrat in the Senate prior to his party switch, and he's an establishment Republican. He voted to acquit Trump twice, voted for the tax cuts, for Ryancare, and for all of Trump's judicial nominations. The only "deviations" he made were to decline to endorse Roy Moore in 2017 and to support Jeff Sessions (his old colleague) in the 2020 Senate primary.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2021, 11:28:44 PM »

Imagine a Brooks/Tuberville senate delegation. That has to be the worst?
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2021, 11:43:31 PM »

It's up there.

Kentucky also has a pretty awful senate delegation.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2021, 05:59:22 AM »

http://

Missouri is a close second: insurrectionist sympathizer Josh Hawley and whomever the GQP cultists pick as their nominee is going to be equally as deplorable.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2021, 01:06:10 PM »

Not a bad poll at all for Britt.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2021, 01:43:52 PM »

This isn't a bad poll for Britt, but she needs Brooks to get arrested for his support of the Capitol Riots and be unable to campaign to have a serious chance in this primary, otherwise she'll be stuck at around 20%.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2021, 09:34:14 PM »

Is there any way for Taylor to win?

Don't think anything could beat it. Even a hypothetical Greitens/Hawley (MO) delegation would be better than a Brooks/Tuberville one.

Shelby is a generic Republican, maybe more old school and less insane than people like Josh Hawley, but still conservative. If this is about Shelby being a former Democrat, he was a DINO then and wasn't alone - many southern conservatives who wanted a political career registered as Democrats to win races, and that includes mad Trump lover John Kennedy of Louisiana (as well as Bill Cassidy, the state's other senator). I'd almost understand your anti-Shelbyness (though I'd disagree with it strongly) if he voted to convict Trump, but he didn't. Just because he's among the 42 Senate Republicans (84% of all Senate Republicans) who chose not to indulge Trump's insanities doesn't make him bad. And Brooks is an insurrectionist who helped organize what became the January 6 attack. Shame on you for supporting an insurrectionist over a generic (not even particularly anti-Trump) Republican. I once read a post where you called youself a centrist, but clearly that was sarcasm on your part. In this obscenity of a post you've revealed your true colours as another MAGA, pro-Trump Republican who likes insurrection (if you like or support Brooks, you like and support insurrection).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies