Republican Pres Cand. with Woman V.P. cand? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:09:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Republican Pres Cand. with Woman V.P. cand? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican Pres Cand. with Woman V.P. cand?  (Read 12072 times)
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« on: September 28, 2006, 07:36:26 AM »

A female candidate COULD be a handy candidate to have on the ballot provided that it's a good woman. First off, politicians need to realise something...women will not vote for women simply because they are women. Thus, you can not just pick anybody. I think the GOP should put Jodi Rell on the ballot, or (a little bit too moderate perhaps) Olympia Snowe. They would balance the ticket and bring experience to what I am predicting will be a rather young ticket.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 12:48:51 PM »

Is Jodi Rell pro-choice?  Because I just can't see a pro-choicer being nominated for VP on the GOP ticket unless there's a *really* compelling reason to do it.

I believe Rell is in fact pro-choice, however the benefits of having a moderate on the ticket that can assist the GOP in the moderate and Independent voter coloumns would more than likely trump a silly fringe issue. The GOP (who are evidentally going to be dealing with the likes of a popular moderate in 08') need something to balance their ticket, build on their reputation and appeal to the norther states. What better way to do this than with a moderate of their own?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Depends really. If another Governor was at the top of the ticket than it doesn't seem so unlikely that a governor would be picked for VP. Hell, it might even be effective...kind of an "anti-Washington" sort of thing.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Perhaps young wasn't the best word, more like fresh. I just get the feeling that the GOP candidate for 2008 wont be yet another dull, hard-line conservative with little charisma and/or wit. Perhaps a Giuliani, or even a Romney could drag in more of the youth than the GOP has been pulling.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 05:45:19 PM »

Gross.
Double Gross.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies