S.21-3.6: Barbeque Resolution
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:58:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.21-3.6: Barbeque Resolution
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.21-3.6: Barbeque Resolution  (Read 770 times)
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 22, 2021, 05:48:17 PM »

Barbeque Resolution
1. This resolution should be called 'Resolution to Recognize the Good of Barbeque' or 'Barbeque Resolution' for short.
2. This resolution is to serve as a reminder to the great variety of barbeque styles that are in the South.
3. Kansas, the two Carolina, and Texas are the most famous of the aforementioned of these barbeque styles.

Sponsor: TimTurner

This resolution's sponsor is encouraged to provide advocacy for this resolution.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 07:41:42 PM »

Barbeque is a longstanding, wholesome Southern culinary tradition. I urge the chamber  to pass this resolution in recognition of that rich tradition.
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 11:30:20 PM »

I suppose this resolution.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2021, 06:06:24 PM »

As much as I hate to give Missouri credit, they should probably be included as well. The majority of KC BBQ is on the Missouri side, and St. Louis is also known for its unique take on BBQ.
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2021, 08:23:12 PM »

As much as I hate to give Missouri credit, they should probably be included as well. The majority of KC BBQ is on the Missouri side, and St. Louis is also known for its unique take on BBQ.

Very true. I propose the following amendment

Barbeque Resolution
1. This resolution should be called 'Resolution to Recognize the Good of Barbeque' or 'Barbeque Resolution' for short.
2. This resolution is to serve as a reminder to the great variety of barbeque styles that are in the South.
3. Missouri, Kansas, the two Carolina, and Texas are the most famous of the aforementioned of these barbeque styles.
diptheriadan

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2021, 08:44:45 PM »

I'm seeing a bill about bbq with no mention of Memphis. Huh
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2021, 09:15:34 PM »

I think that an official barbeque resolution for the South should honor each state with a specific mention of a city or style of barbeque. The popularity of barbeque is something that unites the every state in the whole region, and we should aim to pass something that recognizes that fact.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2021, 12:55:55 AM »

Very true. I propose the following amendment

Barbeque Resolution
3. Missouri, Kansas, the two Carolina, and Texas are the most famous of the aforementioned of these barbeque styles.

The amendment is friendly.
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2021, 10:28:36 PM »

I think that an official barbeque resolution for the South should honor each state with a specific mention of a city or style of barbeque. The popularity of barbeque is something that unites the every state in the whole region, and we should aim to pass something that recognizes that fact.

Do you have suggested language to this effect?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2021, 11:51:34 AM »

I like this idea.

Do you have suggested language to this effect?

Should we defer to state governments to provide us with a preferred city or style to recognize?
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2021, 01:49:15 PM »

Proposing the following amendment:

Barbeque Resolution
3. Kansas, the two Carolina, and Texas are the most famous of the aforementioned of these barbeque styles.

Might be easier to just not list specific styles, that way we won't accidentally omit any particular style of BBQ
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2021, 04:14:24 AM »
« Edited: August 28, 2021, 04:24:38 AM by Southern Delegate Punxsutawney Phil »

I object. I think there is still value in listing what the most commonly well known barbeque styles are in Atlasia at large; that isn't omitting any particular styles as much as it is noting which ones are the most famous. As such it's not a slight against any region of the South as much as it is recognition of reality.
I'm well aware Kansas City is not necessarily clearly noted in that line and would much rather have the line clarified (which, it very much needs) as opposed to being struck from the text. Kansas was intended as a reference to Kansas City but is too unclear for purpose.
Also, it seems awfully incomplete to talk about the great variety of BBQ styles and then not list any of them. If it is fleshed out with a more comprehensive list with at least one style from every state, then the line very probably has no real purpose and can be omitted. But in its absence what text we have looks very half-baked.
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2021, 01:01:17 PM »

I object. I think there is still value in listing what the most commonly well known barbeque styles are in Atlasia at large; that isn't omitting any particular styles as much as it is noting which ones are the most famous. As such it's not a slight against any region of the South as much as it is recognition of reality.
I'm well aware Kansas City is not necessarily clearly noted in that line and would much rather have the line clarified (which, it very much needs) as opposed to being struck from the text. Kansas was intended as a reference to Kansas City but is too unclear for purpose.
Also, it seems awfully incomplete to talk about the great variety of BBQ styles and then not list any of them. If it is fleshed out with a more comprehensive list with at least one style from every state, then the line very probably has no real purpose and can be omitted. But in its absence what text we have looks very half-baked.

I withdraw my amendment, but I encourage someone else in the chamber to come up with a more complete text.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2021, 01:23:04 PM »

I encourage someone else in the chamber to come up with a more complete text.
As does I.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2021, 09:10:09 AM »

Anyone willing to refine this?
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2021, 12:37:42 AM »

I encourage the resolution sponsor to reintroduce the resolution this session
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2021, 11:39:53 PM »

Where's my Barbie?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2021, 11:44:34 PM »

I'll slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for you. Tongue
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2021, 12:04:57 AM »

They are called Prawns
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies