European Union general discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:22:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  European Union general discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: European Union general discussion  (Read 9854 times)
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« on: December 28, 2021, 07:31:11 AM »

With COVID-19, I was wondering what situation is on border controls.  I haven't visited EU post COVID-19 (been to UK but not mainland Europe) so are border controls abolished or do they have them in place to control spread of COVID-19 such as checking people are vaccinated (and if not must self-isolate for 10 days) as well as requiring testing to cross.  If COVID-19 doesn't end anytime soon, could this impact free movement?  Yes right to live and work anywhere in EU won't be impacted other than those moving have to self isolate for first 10 days.

As for further integration, would be interested in which of countries not in Eurozone end up joining as no one in last 5 years has joined.  Technically only Denmark can stay out indefinitely but doesn't seem like EU is enforcing this. 

When I went to Munich back in October, I had to pre-register for entry to Germany and complete some forms for my Eurostar transit of France, Belgium and the Netherlands. A day trip to Salzburg saw some German border offices board my return train at the first stop in that country, but they ignored me, instead briefly talking to someone else before leaving the train.

But that was in October, before Omicron.

https://apply.joinsherpa.com/map Will give you an idea of the restrictions/rules.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies