10k posts, time for an AMA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 04:57:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  10k posts, time for an AMA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 10k posts, time for an AMA  (Read 738 times)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2021, 12:05:51 PM »

Why are you seemingly so adamantly anti-trans?

I have absolutely nothing against trans people. I believe gender dysphoria is a real condition that causes intense psychological distress from those who suffer from it, and I think everyone should be compassionate to those who do. I simply think the absolutist rhetoric from certain circles about how biology should be ignored entirely to cater to the whims of a loud few is ridiculous, and that threatening people who express pretty mild and widely held views (as JK Rowling did) is unacceptable.
encouraging them to be miserable and hate themselves isn't very "compassionate" fam

I don't think I do that at all. I believe trans people should absolutely express their gender identity however they feel best and that people should respect that.
i see

i assume trans people adopting was/were pronouns and taking routes out that involve a noose or the old vodka+sleeping pills combo is your preferred way for "trannies" as you might call them to express their gender identity ofc
Is it me, or does this feel an awful lot like projection? I mean, I don't trust Barkley at all on trans issues, considering he seems to believe the estrogen in my blood is a stereotype, but considering your own track record, I find it hard to believe that you of all people would say my display name.
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2021, 06:08:53 PM »

Why are you seemingly so adamantly anti-trans?

I have absolutely nothing against trans people. I believe gender dysphoria is a real condition that causes intense psychological distress from those who suffer from it, and I think everyone should be compassionate to those who do. I simply think the absolutist rhetoric from certain circles about how biology should be ignored entirely to cater to the whims of a loud few is ridiculous, and that threatening people who express pretty mild and widely held views (as JK Rowling did) is unacceptable.
encouraging them to be miserable and hate themselves isn't very "compassionate" fam

I don't think I do that at all. I believe trans people should absolutely express their gender identity however they feel best and that people should respect that.
i see

i assume trans people adopting was/were pronouns and taking routes out that involve a noose or the old vodka+sleeping pills combo is your preferred way for "trannies" as you might call them to express their gender identity ofc
Is it me, or does this feel an awful lot like projection? I mean, I don't trust Barkley at all on trans issues, considering he seems to believe the estrogen in my blood is a stereotype, but considering your own track record, I find it hard to believe that you of all people would say my display name.
considering that i am both pro-trans and have considered looking into it for myself before, no it's not projection but noticing his being not so lowkey transphobic
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2021, 06:40:34 PM »

Huh. I've been wrong before, but it's weird to be wrong on this in particular.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2021, 07:14:00 PM »

- How do you rank these Republicans: Nixon, Reagan, W Bush, Trump

- Last Republican you would have voted for (Could be Presidential, KY Gubernatorial or KY senatorial )

- Favorite Star Wars Movie
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2021, 07:34:12 PM »

Have you ever been to Elliott County?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix