NV federal judge strikes down main anti-immigrant statute as unconstitutional violation of 5AEP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:36:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  NV federal judge strikes down main anti-immigrant statute as unconstitutional violation of 5AEP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NV federal judge strikes down main anti-immigrant statute as unconstitutional violation of 5AEP  (Read 597 times)
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« on: August 19, 2021, 01:18:47 PM »

This decision is absolutely nuts. The idea that a lone federal judge can arbitrate whether Congress has been sufficiently contrite in apologizing for the perceived racial animus of a old law to allow that law to continue to exist is the craziest thing I've heard since Trump was banned from Twitter. And by "apologize" the court specifically says that Congress would have had to change the function of the law for her to consider it cleansed. Other Congresses reviewing and amending the law (to make it stronger) were irrelevant because they apparently did so without addressing that prior legislators were racist. I could not imagine a more flagrant example of legislating from the bench if I tried.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies