PA: Quinnipiac University: Casey(D) keeps double digit lead on Santorum(R)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:36:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  PA: Quinnipiac University: Casey(D) keeps double digit lead on Santorum(R)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA: Quinnipiac University: Casey(D) keeps double digit lead on Santorum(R)  (Read 1611 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 26, 2006, 05:26:43 AM »
« edited: September 26, 2006, 10:40:20 AM by Quincy »

New Poll: Pennsylvania Senator by Quinnipiac University on 2006-09-24

Summary: D: 54%, R: 40%, U: 17%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 05:40:04 AM »

Am I too optimistic when i say Santorum is finished ? (Hasnīt cracked 40% in the last 8 polls -> with 6 weeks left)
poughies
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 08:32:48 AM »

How can anyone really think he is still going to win? I know here it comes.
DarthKosh

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 08:43:22 AM »

Because alot of people think Casey is Klink.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 08:57:19 AM »

Klink would have been mainstream for PA on the issues and so will Casey (unless he becomes a total puppet). The reason people think he'll still lose is because he usually crumbles towards the end of a campaign. We'll have to see though. It is looking like Casey might have this one now.
DarthKosh

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 10:20:40 AM »

Klink would have been mainstream for PA on the issues and so will Casey (unless he becomes a total puppet). The reason people think he'll still lose is because he usually crumbles towards the end of a campaign. We'll have to see though. It is looking like Casey might have this one now.

With Rendell on top of the ticket that will drive up turnout in sepa.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 10:26:15 AM »

That's what I said yesterday. Swann just don't bring out the republican support in PA.
DarthKosh

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 10:38:16 AM »

That's what I said yesterday. Swann just don't bring out the republican support in PA.

Swann is an empty suit.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 11:33:50 AM »

Casey is headed towards a landslide.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 12:13:18 PM »

As most of the state offices in PA.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 12:35:54 PM »

Wait a minute why does this poll/article say Casey opposed the Iraq War? My understanding was that he was/is Pro-Iraq and that just likes to use the "fire Rumsfeld" line that even Lieberman is using now.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 03:47:13 PM »

Wait a minute why does this poll/article say Casey opposed the Iraq War? My understanding was that he was/is Pro-Iraq and that just likes to use the "fire Rumsfeld" line that even Lieberman is using now.

Casey's views on Iraq I believe are closer to Clinton's than lieberman.  favored the initial invasion with what was known at the time, and doesn't favor an immediate pull out, but believes the war has been badly bungled from the start and we need a major change in the direction of Iraq n order to get our troops out of there
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 03:51:02 PM »

Casey's views on Iraq I believe are closer to Clinton's than lieberman.  favored the initial invasion with what was known at the time, and doesn't favor an immediate pull out, but believes the war has been badly bungled from the start and we need a major change in the direction of Iraq n order to get our troops out of there

Eh...man with candidates like Jon Tester and Sherrod Brown out there Casey seems like such a joke.
Deano963

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 08:26:50 PM »

Eh...man with candidates like Jon Tester and Sherrod Brown out there Casey seems like such a joke.

EVERYONE seems like a joke compared to Tester and Brown, so that's not really being fair to Casey.  Those two guys are incredible campaigners, very experienced, extremely intelligent, and will both make great Senators.
poughies
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 09:31:02 PM »

Quick note-

Remember when that MYDD came out about connecticut saying 51-39-4. Well maybe its coincidence, but when this poll has the green party candidate included its also 51-39-4. It could be that someone got their hands on a quinnipiac and thought "hmm this must be connecticut", when in reality it was a Penn poll. Just wondering if anyone else noticed that.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 09:32:45 PM »

EVERYONE seems like a joke compared to Tester and Brown, so that's not really being fair to Casey.  Those two guys are incredible campaigners, very experienced, extremely intelligent, and will both make great Senators.

Yep unlike Casey. Although it will be great to see Santorum go down.
Deano963

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 09:42:01 PM »

Yep unlike Casey. Although it will be great to see Santorum go down.

I couldnt agree more - I am literally going to break open a bottle of champaigne when it's official that both he and Ken Blackwell have lost.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 09:44:55 PM »

How many more debates?
poughies
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 09:55:36 PM »

as little as Casey can get. I don't know if there are any more? Santorum had been debating the now extinct green party candidate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 10:11:41 PM »

I don't think anyone really knows. Apparently, Casey is refusing to committ to certain scheduled debates but it doesn't matter now anyway. The upcoming debates aren't going to get too many people watching anyway. Santorum fans like myself were banking on high profile debates earlier in the season to make Casey even more uncomfortable as we entered the final stretch. Now he's able to blow these things off without many noticing/caring.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2006, 10:31:55 PM »

I can't believe Casey has 54% of the vote. He's running a listless campaign, he's a terrible debater and he has a history of collapsing in campaigns.

At this point, even a lackluster candidate like Casey can likely still hold a 14% lead in late September.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2006, 11:23:42 PM »

I can't believe Casey has 54% of the vote. He's running a listless campaign, he's a terrible debater and he has a history of collapsing in campaigns.

At this point, even a lackluster candidate like Casey can likely still hold a 14% lead in late September.

He has half of that because of his name and half of that because he's not Santorum.

His ads are pretty good though, so that no doubt helps.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies