Benenson Research Group (D)- Ford expands lead to six points.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:26:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Benenson Research Group (D)- Ford expands lead to six points.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Benenson Research Group (D)- Ford expands lead to six points.  (Read 2070 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2006, 09:14:30 PM »

Why do Dems get so excited over this, but try to ignore that Kean has lead the last SIX polls! 

Even I can answer that one. No one cares if Menendez loses while everyone under the sun thinks the world of Ford. Besides, do you really trust NJ to elect a Republican anything???

There are 2 things everyone is overlooking: 1) Bredesen will win his reelection easily and 2) TN isn't as conservative leaning as you might think. The state house there is Democratic(or split 50-50).

Surprisingly, according to the 2004 CNN exit poll, 47% of Tennessee respondents identified themselves as conservative (the most of any state)

It's Democratic congressional delegation trends populist rather than liberal

Dave

poughies
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2006, 09:17:59 PM »

Which is why it is so important for Ford to continue tough on issues like immigration and guns.... Look you'll luck out with a Tester and even Brown once in a while.... but in Tennessee, Ford is doing what he needs to do.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2006, 09:21:41 PM »

Why do Dems get so excited over this, but try to ignore that Kean has lead the last SIX polls!  Certainly Kean is in better shape as no polling agencies have him down, but it seems like a lot of Dems feel he's destin to go down.
Generally because of NJ's history especially with undecided voters.  Aslo depite the 04 results in which NJ had 9/11 GOP bump which no longer exists, NJ is a stronger Dem state than TN is a GOP state.  Also have Bush's #'s in both states, which aren't good in TN & down right suck in NJ, and Menendez having a large cash on hand advantage.
poughies
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2006, 09:22:40 PM »

Interesting note, I emailed Scott Rasmussen or at least the email given on the site. For anything else, I emailed him once in 2004 and got a quick response. Tonight, the response was within minutes. Expect another poll from Tennessee by the end of the week. LOOKING FORWARD!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2006, 12:47:48 AM »

Interesting note, I emailed Scott Rasmussen or at least the email given on the site. For anything else, I emailed him once in 2004 and got a quick response. Tonight, the response was within minutes. Expect another poll from Tennessee by the end of the week. LOOKING FORWARD!

Sweet!
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2006, 03:40:42 AM »

Why do Dems get so excited over this, but try to ignore that Kean has lead the last SIX polls! 

Coz their being selective... with any luck both Kean and Ford will be in the Senate next January Smiley
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2006, 09:41:31 AM »

Coz their being selective... with any luck both Kean and Ford will be in the Senate next January Smiley

Well, I'm rooting for Ford, I just don't get it with Kean Jnr and while I'm far from enamored with Menendez, after much thought, he has my backing. Were the Democrats a Senate majority, I might have felt differently. I'm not adverse to backing moderate Republicans

Dave
RJ
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2006, 07:53:26 PM »

Even I can answer that one. No one cares if Menendez loses while everyone under the sun thinks the world of Ford. Besides, do you really trust NJ to elect a Republican anything???

There are 2 things everyone is overlooking: 1) Bredesen will win his reelection easily and 2) TN isn't as conservative leaning as you might think. The state house there is Democratic(or split 50-50).

Surprisingly, according to the 2004 CNN exit poll, 47% of Tennessee respondents identified themselves as conservative (the most of any state)

It's Democratic congressional delegation trends populist rather than liberal

Dave

Hmmm...didn't know that. I'd expect a state like Texas or even Indiana to have a higher percentage than Tennessee. I don't doubt you're right, but I'd like to know more about those exit polls. They were horribly flawed here in Ohio.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies