WI-03: Kind retiring 🚨🚨🚨
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:53:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WI-03: Kind retiring 🚨🚨🚨
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: WI-03: Kind retiring 🚨🚨🚨  (Read 4889 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2021, 01:00:59 AM »

I'm wondering if he's hoping to get chosen as Kamala Harris' VP in 2024 or 2028 and trying to prevent himself from facing a loss.

He wouldn't be a horrible choice for her.

Kind is probably too white for the Democratic base...

Harris almost has to have a white man as her VP though, her being at the top of the ticket is enough of a statement so they'll be looking for someone that feels safe and reassures swing voters. Also, not sure what 'too white' is supposed to mean.

Joe Biden will be last White Man nominated by the Democratic Party for President or Vice President. The base is going demand exclusively female and minority nominees going forward, and I encourage them to insist on such.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2021, 10:01:32 AM »

I'm wondering if he's hoping to get chosen as Kamala Harris' VP in 2024 or 2028 and trying to prevent himself from facing a loss.

Harris almost has to have a white man as her VP though, her being at the top of the ticket is enough of a statement so they'll be looking for someone that feels safe and reassures swing voters. Also, not sure what 'too white' is supposed to mean.

Joe Biden will be last White Man nominated by the Democratic Party for President or Vice President. The base is going demand exclusively female and minority nominees going forward, and I encourage them to insist on such.

LOL
Leroy McPherson fan
Leroymcphersonfan
United States

« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2021, 01:38:40 PM »

MargieCat
United States

« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2021, 01:43:29 PM »

I disagree.

While I don't foresee any all white male democratic tickets (i.e. Gore-Lieberman or Kerry-Edwards), there will still be more white male candidates on democratic tickets.

I think Harris is likely to pick a white Hispanic or white non-Hispanic male if she gets the nomination.
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2021, 04:52:36 PM »

The geography for Democrats in Wisconsin is just brutal! I guess Democrats in WI are more self-packed than I thought because most fair maps simply wouldn't make WI-03 more D-leaning.

It’s ridiculous how blue Dane county is
Is there any official convention against splitting Dane in redistricting? Evers has veto power on the legislature and it'd certainly keep the map at 4D/4R (if not 3D/5R in an R wave).
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2021, 07:14:46 PM »

The geography for Democrats in Wisconsin is just brutal! I guess Democrats in WI are more self-packed than I thought because most fair maps simply wouldn't make WI-03 more D-leaning.

It’s ridiculous how blue Dane county is
Is there any official convention against splitting Dane in redistricting? Evers has veto power on the legislature and it'd certainly keep the map at 4D/4R (if not 3D/5R in an R wave).

Since the legislature and Evers likely won't be able to agree on a map, it'll go to the Wisconsin Supreme Court, which currently has a 4R-3D majority, but Justice Hagedorn is known for being fair and non-partisan in regards to election-related cases as he was in regards to all the election litigation from the Trump campaign before and after the year. However while it's unlikely he'd approve a blatant Republican gerrymander, he obviously wouldn't approve a split Dane Democratic one either, and a fair map would probably still end up 6R-2D alas outside of really nasty waves. I actually drew such a map in DRA and it was not only 6 Trump to 2 Biden seats, it was even 6 Walker to 2 Evers seats, even though Evers did much better in rural Wisconsin (Walker did get under 50% in the new WI-1 which removed the Waukesha portion and the successor WI-3, but that still makes the seats at best Lean R in all but the most nasty waves.)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2021, 02:13:18 AM »

People were saying as recently as a few months before Biden's nomination that 2012 was the last time a white man would be on the ticket, or that 2004 was the last time a white man would ever be at the top.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2021, 08:36:04 AM »

People were saying as recently as a few months before Biden's nomination that 2012 was the last time a white man would be on the ticket, or that 2004 was the last time a white man would ever be at the top.

No one said that about 2004 during the 2000s or 2020s
JMT

« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2021, 09:43:35 AM »

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2021, 04:00:48 PM »

He knows what's coming.
LePageFan
United States
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2021, 09:25:01 PM »

Come on is their actually talk that DVO will lose WI-03? This race barring something EXTREMELY weird happening in redistricting is lean republican at a minimum and with two such weak dem candidates it’s probably Likely Republican next year.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2021, 01:08:05 AM »

Woah Brad Pfaff actually faced Dan Kapanke back in 2004 as well ! A rematch 16 years later is crazy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies